1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow , the woman whom I admire a lot, is coming home!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 19, 2010.

1. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear oopal,
    As you have rightly said,God does not make women like her anymore.
    My mother also used to tell me about her days in her in laws' house and her time as a young mother.There was perfection in their work because they were not tense all the time.They wee not multi taskers.Their role as a wife and home make was chartered out to them and they were peaceful fulfilling their responsibilities.
    Thanks for the fb.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. mithila kannan

My dear spiderman,
    Thank you for your good wishes.Will get back to you once my sil's visit is over.
    love
    mithila

3. mithila kannan

My dear coffee lover,
    Thank you for the nice fb.
    Iam getting better,thank you.
    love
    mithila

4. mithila kannan

My dear shiva,
    Thank you for those lovely words of appreciation.
    They say that a family is like a university.You keep learning from your experiences in life,from some of the mistakes you commit and also by observing people at close quarters.I learnt a lot.
    This SIL of mine is somebody I admire for some of her very good qualities.
    Thanks again,shiva.
    love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear Kamla,
    Thank you dear friend for such wonderful words.Yes ,she is a remarkable girl.She was ans is a very organised person.My dear Kamla,I don't know to what extent the existing curriculam train the women particularly to led a peaceful beautiful life,yes beautiul life.Parents are also busy expecting their children to be multi taskers,they keep comparing their children with others who do better than their s in many fields,they are busy trying to earn more so that they can send their children abroad for further education,allthe time most parents do not make efforts to find out what is it that their childen want in life,particularly girls.

Both my daughters refused to marry boys who wee settled abroad,point blank.My brother who was keen that his nieces should marry well and live abroad was unhappy.He would tell me that I was selfish and that I wanted my daughters to be near me all the time.
    Today both my daughters are very happy being married to men who are working here.

love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

My dear monifa,
    Thank you dear for those kind words.
    love
    mithila

7. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    Thank you ,dear for your lovely words.My DH is busy in the kitchen making mango pickles to impress his younger sister.Normally I wear nighties or salwar,kameez at home.Today I wore saree in honour of her visit.

love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear jaishvats,
    Oh,yes.Lakshmi is like a character from one of the mega serials.But life is stranger than fiction,my dear.Such women for whom family comes first do exist.
    love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear soumya,
    Thank you dear.I will get back to you.
    love
    mithila

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila
    Reading your post was remembering my mom's story. Before marriage she had not cleaned all this cowshed and all as she had grown up with servants around and when she got married she had to clean the cowshed, cooking on the firewood as during that time there were very few servants in her in laws house and my grandparents wished all the work done by the ladies of the house. There were around 30 to 40 people in the house when she got married she was the 4th DIL among the 9. I can understand it is so difficult to adjust in antoher house but with the help of other members in the family you intend to learn all and so my mom slowly learnt and my grandmother use to be behind her to teach her everything.
    She says everybody in the house were very supportive towards her.
    It was really nice reading about your SIL........These are simple one when we read it but remembering these sweet memories brings so much joy that I have seen in my mom's face, when she keeps telling us about her newly married life.
    Through this post I can see your joy of meeting her through those sweet membories. Lakshmi is a great person.
    Hope you have a great time with her....
    And we will get another lovily post from you about your boths meet....