1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toilet blow out a coincidence?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by confusedwoman, Sep 9, 2014.

1. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Dear IL's,

I was going through old threads in relationship with in laws threads and i've seen a thread where the toilet blew out when in laws were visiting and a huge issue cropped up between DIL and PIL's. I am asking if such a thing happened to any of you ladies and how you handled it diplomatically (even if you have a suspicion it is intentional and not a coincidence).

My toilet blew out two times in my home in one year and both times when BIL was visiting. First time my husband was in town, he cleaned up the mess and called handyman .And the second time handling of the issue was I said "Please don't call DH, I will call the handyman and fix it BIL. Also Please clean up your feces from the bathroom floor". BIL then calls MIL and asks her to clean up his **** from the bathroom floor, which she cleans up while commenting that I am a dictator. And of course he calls DH and says what should we do the toilet blew up. DH calls me and yells at me saying can't you call the handyman yourself, why do you have to keep calling me as if you are helpless.

Thanks

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I am just guessing, since you say that you are in US, and you have the western set up, how comfortable is ur MIl in using the western setup of the washroom? DOes she use the same back in India?

3. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

sorry couldn't help it. Your BIL is 'Mr. poops a lot '

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

ewww...your bil asked his mom to clean his potty from the floor!!!!:eek:mg:

What a creep!!!!! Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!! chee!!!What a despicable person!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Dear Weasly thanks for the reply, let me clarify. My MIL is not the one I think who caused the toilet blow out, but to answer your question she has been visiting USA since the past 20 years( 6 months each time), so I am pretty sure she know show the toilets work.
    Now I am suspicious of BIL, he has been working in the USA again for 20 years, so he knows, as anyone who lives in the US knows how easy it is to blow out a toilet if the wrong tissue is flushed down,and how much distress it causes the lady of the house. So, what should I do if it happens in the next visit, act surprised and say "its ok things like this happen" like I have been doing, even though I have a HUGE suspicion the blow out was done intentionally?

FYI when the first blow out happened, the handyman found a piece of stick flushed down the toilet!....we will never know what as flushed the second time...as MIL cleaned it up...

@anahita lol
    @yellowmango... yup and I am related to him forever

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

ok ur bil is a creep!
    Nxt tym it happens, look the other way and say it happens only when u come, maybe ppl need to learn how to use a simple toilet!!

1 person likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Next time get him a litterbox.

6 people like this.
  8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

:eek.....sorry will come back later and reply

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

When I was three I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and accidentally used my father's shaving cream that was in a tube instead of the toothpaste as I couldn't yet read. The shock of the taste of the shaving cream threw me into a tizzy and I threw the tube into the toilet in sheer anger. Then I knew I should not have done that so to hide the evidence I flushed the toilet, the tube getting stuck in the pipes, lot of falldaroll ensued and I acted totally innocent. What do you think is the BIL story?

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Do you think my parents were on to me? or did I get away with it?