1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

toddler repeat things too fast..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Amicable, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends...

Question about my almost 2 n half year old boy. He is smart kid like any other. He knows the abc's, numbers, colors, recognize them all, animal sounds, days of the week or months of the year. He likes to learn the things.

My concern is When I ask my son ...for example...days of the week, he will say it too fast that I can not understand even though I know he knows all the days but another person can hardly make it out. So if I tell him to slow down or correct him, he get so upset either he start crying or try to hit me in protest. Or he will just sing/say the things he wants, but won't follow my instruction or things I want him to repeat with me. Mostly I let him do what he wants to do...and he always end up singing his fav. nursery rhyme again n again and the whole process finish there. (He talks slowly in normal tone otherwise).

I don't force him to say/do things but I do repeat the things with him once a day or two so he doesn't forget and always in playful atmosphere. Please advice me how should I teach him to say things slowly and repeat the things I want him to do without getting upset. Thank you.

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

His is just 2.5 yrs, Please do not worry and also do not burden him to remember and repeat things.

I don't see any issues if he is repeating too fast. Give him time , Don't pressurise him , He will come around.

It is vey common for children to repeat the thing which they like, So let him do that.

Get a Audio CD of what you want to teach and just leave it on.

One more idea,do it as a group activity - singing rhymes or what ever you want to teach with other kids . He may enjoy it more.