1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler refusing to eat ...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by arnavi, Jul 27, 2011.

1. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Hello Ladies I am a new bee in the group and enjoyed reading all the post and blogs of this group.

I have a 2.4 yrs todller who is very very fussy in eating ... no matter what you offer him he refuses to eat.. except for curd ...tried doing everything including starving but did not work . I have to force feed him his milk, lunch and dinner he hates fruits and vegetables and runs at the sight of it. He is also not very good at chewing his food he gulps it down ...

I want to leave him in daycare and start working but because of this problem i am postponing it ...

Please let me know if anyone has good ideas as to how to increase his hunger or get him interested in food ... also if anyone has good vegetarian recipe for toddlers . I am teaching him to chew but he just gulps his food.

Arnavi

2. aartijadhav

aartijadhav New IL'ite

Oh Man...I definately know and understand what you must b going through...trust me my daughter 2.8 is also the same :roll:
    She seems to be allergic to food..she is never interested in trying new food items no matter how well and tempting I try to present it.Witsend
    She also gulps down her meals, but when she is in good mood and offer her chakali or kurmuras..she does surely munches all those things :rant

Anyone...pls advice!!

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Oh girls.. tell me about it!!

My 6yr old daughter was and still is a very fussy eater. Even as a baby she used to gulp down first few spoons of cerelac and used to keep her mouth firmly closed. No amount of persuasion can get her eat more. When she became a toddler, i used to take her to park to play or play games with her which involve lot of running. She used to be hungry by the end of playtime. I used to feed her immediately. Thats the only time she used to eat properly.

4. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Thanks for letting me know that i am not the only one going thru this .... dinning table has now become a warzone...i have spoken to a homeopathic doc in India for this prob and vey soon i will get be getting the medicines... if it works i will let youll know ... in the meantime if someone can come up with some interesting ideas or some good recipes... pls post them..

5. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

Pls help me with this problem too....
    My son is 1.5 yrs old and except for his milk (that too 50 ml per feed) he has stopped eating,whatever I give him.Previously he used to keep the food in his mouth,after coaxing and persuading he used to swallow but nowadays he is simply spitting it out..
    Pls share some suggestions as no medication whether homoeo or allopathic has not helped yet.

6. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Hi - Try adding some fruit in his milk... or give him ragi porridge atleast that way he will get some nutrition....i sit with toys and books while feeding..this way the child gets distracted and starts eating...my son has grown big and just refuses so its not working with him.... but yours is still small and might eat,, all the best let me know what happens

7. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Arnavi for sharing ur views.I do sit with toys and sometime switch on the TV too but the prob is he takes 2-3 spoons and then start spitting out.I dont know how to control this habit....can u share how to prepare ragi porridge.I powdered ragi at home but dont know how to prepare something tasty as well as healthy food for him...
    Will let you know if I find any improvement in his habit...till then..bye

Regards
    Shruti

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  8. arnavi

arnavi New IL'ite

Hi Shruti - For making Ragi porridge take 1 tspn of ghee heat it then add 1/2 tspn of ragi powder and roast for some time ( like how we roast rava for rava halwa) once roasted add jaggery and 1 cup of milk .. let it boil till the consistency u require .... u can also add a pinch of cinnamon powder..u can icrease the qty of ghee and ragi as per yr sons requirement and how he takes it ...initially start with less then u can increase...please note after eating ragi his potty will be slightly blackish as ragi is full of iron so dont worry ... if he eats, it will be very good as it is a healthy breakfast...

9. ramyasuresh

ramyasuresh Silver IL'ite

u can plainly add water/milk to ragi powder and make it boil and finally add some salt. alternatively u can give sweet and salt taste.

My son is 2.2 yrs old. very fusssy eater. TV, toys, playing nothing works to feed for him.

but anyway we have to give sumthing to eat

10. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

thanx arnavi and ramya....

I was really depressed when my son stopped eating.i felt as if i have done sum mistake from my side but now i feel we all are travelling in the same ship.God knows why these babies are so fussy regarding food but their brains works faster when it comes to video games and mobiles.....

Arnavi..the homeo medicine arrived from india..n is it working?
    do let me know and pls share some other recipes.Since we belong to orissa,I hope may be some different cuisine will have some positive effect on his taste buds..

Regards
    Shruti