1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Toddler In Daycare

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Sep 30, 2021.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

So I am putting my kid to daycare now and i am very nervous. But i think it is taking toll on my health as well. Along with stress at work and not being able to feed them well.

I have 3 friends/knowns, all of their kids caught covid from daycare, one is recent month ago and one 4 months and one 6 months ago. And now it is Rotovirus everywhere.
    I rembember with older one she was always at home, every 2 weeks with cold/cough and at times severe.
    Now she is back to school and we are waiting for someday to hear something. Cases are rising in our area.
    My son is bit sensitive health wise and gets sick very often.
    But feel bad about everything and guilty about everything. Not able to feed them heathy, not able to concentrate on work all the time because he needs attention while my H is focus with closed doors , i am the one to give.

Has anyone experience problems in daycare? I do not know where to find nanny. But I feel at 2 1/2 yrs, he needs socialization.
    Any suggestions? experiences

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It’s going to be winter time anyways..Can you wait till spring maybe? Close to 3 years is fine I feel.By that time things might settle down and you will have a better idea. You can teach him the basics and get him ready for daycare.or just send him part time

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I have had my toddler in daycare since she was 4 months old. She is 2.5 now and she was only home for 1 month at the start of the pandemic when all daycares were ordered to shut down. During that time we changed 2 daycares so she is on her third one now.
    The staff is fully vaccinated and are getting boosters for Covid now. The kids go in wearing masks but they don’t really wear them properly. The daycare is strict about handwashing and parents are not allowed inside. If there are any symptoms like cough and runny nose they ask for Covid test before sending the kid back. We have not had a shut down due to Covid but in all these 2 years my baby has had the full gamut of daycare viruses such as roseola, hand foot and mouth, and the general rounds of cold, cough, fever, toothache etc. So make sure you have a plan for sick days.

4. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

My son goes to Montessori school from Sep 2020 (3 year old). Each class students don't contact with other class students. Each class use separate entrance for drop off and pick up. If the staff feels any students health is even slightly concerning they will ask the parent to keep them at home and come only after a negative covid test. In one year our kid would have taken 7 tests so far. Once he became in contact with covid positive after care student. School identified those who were in contact with that student and asked for quarantine and negative covid test to return back. Some montessori schools have toddler program, pls check in your area.

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I know 3 friends whose kids were going to daycare and all of them got COVID from daycare. And every week they complain of general sicknesses to severe extent. My toddler has weak immune system.
    As baby of 5 mo, he went to daycare for 1 hr and got severe sick. Before that and after that, he got sick so many times that we have to use nebulizer. that worries me a lot.
    My older one in daycare (long before covid) was always sick in daycare. So every month, 3-4 at home.
    I am starting just couple days for him. If i find nanny, i will back out.

6. AnkitaSharma14

AnkitaSharma14 New IL'ite

Térre Baby is the best brand for newborn babies. Térre Baby offers a premium range of baby care products. Best products for newborn babies are baby wipes, baby massage oil, baby hair oil, diaper rash cream, baby lotion, baby body cream, and baby face cream. Térre Baby products are made with 100% natural and organic ingredients. Trusted by more than 10 Lac moms.

Buy the best premium brand baby care products for your newborn babies from Térre Baby.