1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Today I had a terrible unforgettable train experience

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 31, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Today was 60th Birthday of our ILite Paru Sabari's father and they had celebrated Sashtiabdhapurthy of her father. She had invited me also. My husband had to go for Narayaneeyam and also he had a meeting. The function was in Kalyan which is far off from Mulund. Had to go by train. Her cousin sister stays in our Colony. I phoned them saying I will also come with them. Her cousin sister left yesterday only as there was a function yesteday also. I went with her cousin sister's son and husband.

Morning when we came to the station there was a fast train in 3rd Platform at 7.26 since there was time for it to come we went to the first platform. But by the time we went the train was just leaving . So we waited for the next train. But that was not going to Kalyan. Then again we went to the 3rd platform from the 1st platform. When the train came the train was a little higher and I had difficulty in getting into the train. Somehow I got into and got a place to sit also. All the time I was worried how I will get down in Kalyan. Luckily at Kalyan it was not so high and I could get down.

While coming back we were dropped by sumo till the station. Paru's another cousin, her husband and daughter was also with us.

We were waiting on 3rd Platform but all the trains were cancelled. They announced that one train is coming in 7th platform. As it will take time to go there we did nt go. But after sometime again another train was there. Since we were getting late we started climbing the steps to go to the 7th platform whenwe reached the top someone said the entrance is closed. Again we got down and went by another way. By the time I could get down the train had already come. I was not sure whether I will be able to get into because it was very crowded. All of them were telling me get in mami, I tried to get in . I think this train was also higher I somehow kept my right leg but could not keep my left leg was somehow sitting, I myself dont remembe in what position I was , her cousing told her son hold mami , somehow he pulled me , I was inside the train. I was breathing badly, somehow i went in they made place for me. After sitting also I was very tired , my back was paining. I got very scared. By God's grace nothing was wrong.

But again while getting down it was very crowded, with great difficulty pushing everyone I got down.

Oh what an afternoon it was . I was wondering whether I will reach Mulund or not.

Both Paru's cousin sisters looked after me very well. Everytime they were telling their children look after mami.

Though I have travelled by train 25 years while working now due to my hip bone fracture I get scared to get into the trains. But dont like to miss the opportunity of meeting people and enjoying functions.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, you are people's person. So with all the difficulties, you do attend all the functions. That is really great. Your friends and relatives are very lucky to have you in their functions. Your good energy will make them happy.
    waiitng for your 200th blog. Good luck.

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Well done Viji ma....you made it after all to see one more of your dear DDs.........despite the crowded train you made it safely back home !!

4. iyerviji

Dear Coffeelover and Sudha

Thanks for your loving words

love
    viji

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Yes aunty, I understand how tough it must have been for you to make the journey. I just hope that they start those BRTS AC buses to Kalyan so that people, especially senior citizens can travel in comfort.

Raji

6. iyerviji

Dear Raji I agree with you, thanks for the fb

loveviji