1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Today first time I made Badam cake and it came out very well

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 2, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I have never made Badam Cake. I usually think that ismade only by people who are well off. We never buy Cashew and Badam. During Diwali my daughter gets Dry fruits from the customers and she gives us. Cashews whenever my elder daughter comes from Dubai she brings.

This time I copied the recipie from Chitvish's recipies. So today first time I made it and it turned out well. Two days back I made 7 cups to send my daughter. I am very fond of sweets and after lunch feel like eating something sweet.

2. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hello mam,

This is the first time i m writing fb to you.

But for me you are not new. I have read almost all your blogs. I everyday visit IL page and if you have not posted anything till evening i start worrying that if you are ok or not.

It happened yeasterday..and then i saw that you have posted in snippest of life section..thanking everyone. I got relieved.

I am fond of you and your blogs mam..I feel like i have known you since long.

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Thanks for sharing all the happenings here. It creats a lovely, lively touch between u and us.

So, ur diwali preparation started.. very nice. i am coming to taste the badam cake. reserve it for me.

andal

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima

Post the pictures of your Badam Cake.

Looks like Deepavali celebrations have started at your end! Happy Deepavali!

5. devapriya

devapriya IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma,

My mom never allows me inside the kitchen.:cry: When she cooks anything special, i go into the kitchen and tastes it. At our home, we has not yet tried making any sweets, only will get from shops. But for this diwali, we planned to try badam cake.

6. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi mam,
    Good to see this post. Even i am quite new to kitchen and such posts motivates me to try something new.

7. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Good to know you made badam cake and your maiden attempt was successful. Am also making kaju cake tomorrow. Today I made Ribbon Pakoda and Mysore Pak. Came out really well. Just now gave to our Anna Manni (BIL and Co-sis). They got a grandson last week. So went to give money and gifts for punyajanam taking place in Coimbatore later this week.

Rock Rock Viji Aunty!

8. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Viji mami, you are all in all alagu rani. glad to know that your infant attempt in making badam cake came out very well. Happy diwali. I will prepare only tomorrow. I intend to made ribbon pakora, manoppu and gulob jamoon. I have ordered mysorepak and mixture.

Ramavyasarajan

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

VijiAkka! Very nice to knwo your first attempt of Badam cake came out very well! I am going to take your invitation and come to your home to enjoy them.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sorry friends Idid not know that I have not given replies to all your bs.

Will individually now

love
    viji