1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Travel Or Not To Travel: That Is The Question

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jul 2, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Friedenstaube.jpg
    Taken while waiting 'patiently' for a response from the BH about what needed to be done for the injury to my forehead - jod diya jaaye ya chood diya jaaye. My first instinct on falling and hearing a crack was to check my camera!!! I wasn't too worried about my skull. I am a tough nut to crack and anyway, I guess, it had cracked loooooong ago. :)

IMG_20180629_080535.jpg
    IMG_20180627_171823.jpg
    IMG_8180.JPG

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

I loved this post for the images. Even though we can see more professional photographs on the net, when someone known to us talks of life in a new place, it is very interesting, at least for me. Thanks for sharing.:thumbup:

iyerviji, shravs3 and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    You seem to have enjoyed Germany trip.
    Places are beautiful! Though journey is hasstlesome. That is always there. But when we visit places forget all the hasstles. Nothing comes free.
    This trip would motivate your husband also to make many more trips in future.
    Syamala

iyerviji, shravs3 and satchitananda like this.
  5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi satchi,
    welcome back. Enjoyed reading of your trip. Clearly, you had a wonderful time and enjoyed inspite of some misgivings you had before leaving. Lovely pics, took us thro' your travels:)

satchitananda likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Hi Shyamala,

Absolutely. Totally enjoyed the trip and saw a lot of changes. Berlin was always what they called "multi-culti" but it now seems even more so. From the various people one sees on the street to the various ethnic restaurants, alternate life possibilities, street art, culture, the number of people ready and waiting to talk in English ..... one sees it just everywhere. Loved how friendly and helpful the majority of folks are.

As you rightly guessed, BH seems (at least for now) more willing to think of travelling. As for me, I have always had a travel bug in my blood. But right now I am willing to wait for at least a few months before I get moving again. :) Give me time to tank up for future travel and challenges.

7. satchitananda

Thoroughly enjoyed Joy. Thanks so much. :)

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks with wonderful messages about unified Germany and it' greeneries.
    2. You mght have seen the river spree frozen sometime several years ago and now flowing at this time of the year.
    3. Ref to vivaldi reminds popular ready made full hand shirt - brand and tramline takes me to old days before 1956 at chennai/Bombay now MUMBAI.
    4. Jews reference reminds me of mein kempf. You must ha 'e enjoyed fresh oxygen in many parts in Germany known for zero pollution.
    5. In the prologue or epilogue you did Mention about your Being set out to discover or rediscover after nearly 21 years BH or is it DH. Trust you did discover!
    6. A fantastic read of your short but sweet sojourn that would stay green for ever with you. You have taken the reader for a ride indeed!
    7. The most enjoyable part of this remarkable tour is about The co- passenger who deplaned with his seat intact as it could not be folded back to normal sitting position. It usually happens with Maharaja.
    Thanks and regards.
    God Bless the musaffir.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hey Sats! Willkommen zurück!
    Ok thats all the German I know.

That was a lovely travelogue. I felt like I was experiencing everything firsthand, especially with the pictures to assist.
    Thanks for sharing!

You also helped me another way. Now that I've seen Berlin through your eyes I am striking this one off my bucket list. A request: I have Monte Carlo, Tasmania, Timbuktu, and a lot more places I want to visit. Can you please visit them and post the pictures here? That way I can strike them off my lust and deposit the money I saved in my bank :lol:

10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Oops.. typo!:yikes: I meant "strike them off my list":facepalm:
    What a difference a letter makes..Hmmmph.