1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

To remove the facial hair

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by seetharamkumar, Jan 25, 2015.

1. seetharamkumar

seetharamkumar New IL'ite

Hi,

I am new to this group.. My kid is 1 1/2 years old. she had lot facial hair.. can anyone suggests me a good tip to remove the hair or to reduce the hair growth?
    I am just applying turmeric powder but no improvement on that..

Thanks

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Home remedies don't have any long term impact on hair growth. You can try them as long as they don't harm her but don't expect miraculous results. I don't see any need to address this issue in a child that young. You will have plenty of opportunities and alternatives at your disposal once she hits puberty. A decade from now laser hair removal will be fool-proof and very affordable.

Until then please let her be as she is. At 1.5 years, any hair removal methods will do a lot of harm to her sensitive skin. Excess hair can be removed but bad skin is not easy to fix. Don't fuss over the hair. If you make a big deal about it, you will only hurt her self-esteem and make her self-conscious. Give her a healthy self-image and teach her to love herself just as she is.

2 people like this.
  3. seetharamkumar

Thanks Gauri for your info..

I am not trying anything to her.. just want to make sure any home remedy for her moustache hair growth..

Can u please let me know any tip to remove facial hair for me?

Thanks.

4. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As Gauri mentioned, your child is still too young. You could wait a couple more years and then try turmeric usage. Apply and wash during bath time. Turmeric powder these days contain chemicals and hence not recommended for young kids. Other IL's here may give you more info on this.

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    One solution is there which may help you...I feel ayurveda is best as long as u have concern towards body hair.... They sell a powder which is imported from burma called tanaka powder(burma tree bark powder).. u have to mix this powder with safflower oil(kusuma oil) and then apply everyday before sleep. let the pack be there for atleast 4 hrs...best is leaving overnight while sleeping. morning u wash as ususal... If for you, first remove hair as per u wish(shaving, threading, waxing etc..) then apply this pack...if for your kid, apply directly...they say no side effects and will not harm kids..but confirm twice.....they say the hair will be totally removed after 90 days of continuous use..and will not grow back..even if it grows, it will be very thin... give a try..it has no side effects...i am trying...the pack totally costs around 4000/- and i hope the pack will come for a couple of months..if it is used only on face and neck...

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. seetharamkumar

Hi Rya,

Thank u so much for your reply..
    i will surely buy those products which u mentioned above.. Can u please tell me how about ur results after applied..
    I will try to apply it for my baby and let u know about the results

Thanks

7. seetharamkumar

Rya,

Please let me know how did u buy those products? Iam in US.. is it available here?

Thanks

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@seetharamkumar

18 months is too young for a mustache. Either you are over-thinking or about nothing (I hope it is) or it may be a hormonal thing. Can you please visit a doc and do some tests.

9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    This is available in ebay. I have just bought to give a try. May be u can check out.

10. laveenakapil

laveenakapil New IL'ite

Hi pls. Let me know the results of thanaka powder
    Thanks