To know about Kampala?

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by Subhakannan, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Subhakannan

Subhakannan New IL'ite

Dear Pragati, I am Subhashri from Ahmedabad. My hubby will be taking an assignment in Uganda very shortly . pls suggest a good residential location with Indian neighbours. What are the basic things to carry from India?Presently he alone will be residing there so help us with single accommodation flats and after a year we r planning to shift there after knowing about the educational facilities.
    Pragati really your threads where like blessing from heaven to know about a new place where people know only in Maps about the place. Thank you from all of us who r using your tips.
    Any special thing for u from Homeland .
    regards Subhashri

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    kampala is relatively safe so u will find Indians all around the city....normally people choose residence near schools.....if kids are going to Aga Khan school then Makhere flats.......if to Rainbow then Bakoto flats........then there are Brown flats in Boglobi which is nearly centre to everywhere..........once ur husband comes to this place he will get better idea & maybe can choose an area where many of his collagues are staying.......
    pragati

3. Subhakannan

Subhakannan New IL'ite

Hi pragati,
    I am very happy to get to know abou the place from u. My husband,s friend has already booked him a resi but i dont know the area. so we will meet soon n d land of pearl. Great work . Keep going the same way .

Subhashri

4. Shuba1

Shuba1 New IL'ite

5. dipika2809

dipika2809 New IL'ite

hi, I am Dipika ..i am planning to shift to kampala within a month..Plz can any one suggest me how is the social life there ..and what thing i shd bring with me frm india..is grocery easily available??and utensils ?? i need to knw as i have to start my preparation
    Thanx..

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    after staying in Kampala for about 4 yrs now we have have been transferred to other country............but Kampala rocks.....pack lots of party wear for yourself & family & enjoy.........
    check my thread 'Any one from Kampala,uganda'........you will get answer about lots of your queries.........