1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To hell with physical fitness!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 25, 2007.

1. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

ChI. eeniya sir so well described and written --why should we diet and why not---not has a ver bad influence of jovial people that too people who love to much hear stories sorry latest gossip and of course it should be shared ----what is life without fun --the fun we are used to we like the best :" had nothing to contribute in the fellowship meetings due to lack of spirit and I found myself becoming the subject matter of all jokes in the club. The sound of fried marvels being crushed by hungry mouths, working furiously at them, was becoming increasingly unbearable like a sheet of iron being scratched by a sharp nail. My eyes filled with tears as yummy desserts passed right under my nose. It all looked very deliberate as formerly all noise levels of munching were kept to the barest minimum and the desserts found their way to the consumer by the most direct route and not via my nose and hungry eyes! To top it all, Ahmed, who always regarded me as the most venerated figure north of the Equator, started shunning me as if I was something the cat had brought in. I suddenly realised that I wanted to live upto a hundred only to continue my joyful existence and not to shun it and become an ascetic" It ring true to a limit as long as we dont have permanent damages ......My hubby is now going through this phase after his Bypass he dosnt even know how else can a person be happy without friends good food and etc ..he hates reading too trying hard to read few pages a day and ...goes out for a walk or to visit friend ...yes it is difficult ..live moderately and enjoy only the conversations ..

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear navs
    I really do not how I missed your FB here! I came to read another FB written an hour back and saw yours. Sorry for this unpardonable lapse!

Moderation runs counter to my philosophy of life particularly in eating. If I read somewhere that a bar of chocolate keeps the Doctor away, I eat ten of them to keep ten Doctors away! I fully agree with you that health is overrated these days. I have a suspicion that all this hullabaloo is not aimed at making us healthier but to make some corporates richer!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear Malliga
    There was a time when I believed that conversations became lively only when we had a suitable catalyst. I have outgrown that stage. Now I am at that stage of my life when everything looks beautiful and is replete with meaning. I even conduct conversations with myself these days, though not audibly of course and give a chance to my wife to jettison me!

I am sorry to hear about your husband's by-pass but once it is done, we are supposed to be back to near normalcy. All the pre-bypass constraints and restraints become irrelevant. It is like being born again!
    Sri

4. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

nice post. was drinking badam milk while going through ur post and by end of it i m enjoying every drop of milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i liked ur post reading--To hell with physical fitness!

5. Cheeniya

Dear mums
    Thank you for listening to my Ramblings! Nice to hear that my post 'To hell with physical fitness' added taste to your badam milk which would be yummy even without my post! The best way to maintain the best health is not to think about it particularly in the midst of our sacred act of eating!
    Sri

6. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Cheeniya,
    A nice snippet. As far i know this is age that even u eat the world it will digest:). This is accordingly that we should have equal physical excercise :). We need to put a most unwanted list for our diet. Can enjoy everything we do which will increase our life. I will always believe in this. Verdict differs. But this would be nice na..... u need to keep ur friend away....:bonk.
    I enjoyed reading ..Thanks a lot...:thumbsup

7. Cheeniya

Dear Akhilaa
    Welcome to my Rambling! And thanks a lot for the nice words!
    I fully agree with you that enjoying what we do is the key to longevity and success. A small correction though. I am not at an age when I can digest the world! There was a time I did that but I am more than five decades away from that stage! Now I digest nothing without difficulty!
    Sri

8. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Oh Sorry then....:bonk...sorry then... i had a little thought that u might me an Uncle:hide: to me because ur words are so wise........then no way u should ve a control towards foood.................:)

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya sir,

This reminded me of the joke where a person goes to the doctor and asks him what he should do for a long life. He is told to abstain from alcohol, red meat, late night parties and the rest.
    He looks very suspiciously at the doc and asks if he would definitely live longer after all that. The reply he gets from the doc is "Well, it will certainly seem longer".

I have two basic philosophies in life.

1. I firmly believe that when I go upstairs to meet the old man, he will definitely ask me what I did with the life he gave me. If I tell him I was very good, never ate anything that particularly took my fancy (which is what is gleefully advocated to me), he would tell me I had wasted a lifetime and I jolly well better get back to earth and do what he had sent me there to do in the first place viz. enjoy.
    I have absolutely no intentions of visiting this dimension again - there are others still left for me to explore. Why would I waste my time and energy coming to the same place again and again?

2. Let us leave all these esoteric arguments aside and just look very practically at this lifetime. What do I do with a loooooooooooooooooooooooong life? It will seem like that if all my friends, near and dear ones have set off on their astral journeys leaving me here in this world full of politicians and depleted ozone.

So.......need I say what I am just about to do? My hands are too busy moving from my plate to my mouth and I have no intention of sharing even the remenants of oil from my fingers with the laptop. That is exclusively for my enjoyment.

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

My dear Satchi
    Your basic philosophies in life are mine too. In fact, mine are more baaaaassssssssiccc than yours if I may copy your system of emphasis like you have emphasised on length with a looooooooooooooooooooong adjective.

I have heard people telling me that what really matters is not how looooooooooooooooong you live but how welllllllllllllllllllllll. But I should say you have been more eloquent than all these pedagogues who come out with quotable quotes. In fact I have a few friends who think that everything they say is quotable and signify it by raising their hands and shake their index finger as if they are scratching an itchy atmosphere. Only much later on, I came to know that it was body language to show they were saying something eminently quotable!

That joke in the beginning of your FB is of a super class and you can bet I'll use it in my future conversations with friends. Your hand moving from your plate to your mouth must be as busy as a spindle in a loom!
    A good FB, Satchiji. Loved it.
    Sri
    PS: Thanks a lot for teaching me a new way to emphasize. Have I overused it in my reply?

1 person likes this.