1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To forgive is a passion with me!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Jul 21, 2008.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

dear
    a beautiful thought:hatsoff
    though i have been following this principle since some time, but being reminded does help, esp
    at a certain time when one is feeling down by somebody's behaviour.
    what i think-------
    in our fatalist philosophy, we have been told ....
    all is predestined...so that means the hurt we got too was.
    more over before retaliating if we can just think that
    if his behaviour hurt me ....mine would to him.
    so what is the difference between the two of us .
    this stops one from retaliating.
    muzna

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Muzna, your words are beautiful!
    Yes, as you write, the hurt that we receive is predestined.We have deserved it & it is coming back to us.But do we always pause & act?? Not always!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,
    To forgive some one who have really hurt you is not very easy. We can say i have forgiven, but it should be from the heart if not you got to question it. I learnt this in my life.
    It is with deep sorrow iam narrating this true event in my life. Some time ago i found my husband's office girl having an illicit relationship with my husband. Actually she is married with a kid and my husband generally doesn't like girls who are very sociable and outgoing. Mind you iam not blaming the female, my husband is to be blamed.The day i saw it with my own eyes,my world collapsed.To make the story short- both of them immediately realized the situation felt bad. I was angry,sad, wanted to die,above all mine was love marriage and had a 23 yr old grown up son.
    But one thing at that time i felt was i will never inform her husband and disturb her marriage. Both of them asked me to forgive. It took 2 years to get over the situation, since i had to face her socially. I knew if i can forgive my husband i must forgive the other party too. But i was mentally tortured, if not for my faith in God i don't know how i survived. Some praised me for being so dignified, some said i was stupid to forgive them all.
    I prayed to God don't let this torture me, i knew iam tortured because i haven't forgiven them completely. I was also not talking to her nor i had the guts to face her, i always avoided her as though i was the guilty party.
    It was new year, prayed very hard requested God to give me the strength to smile at her.As prayed i met her in the temple on the same day, i went up to her and wished "happy new year" and gave her a hug and my mind was clear. Today iam able to say hello to her and have few civil words with her and the pain has gone.
    By forgiving we relieve ourselves of the pain. I have picked up the threads leading a more spiritual life
    Jaya

4. Chitvish

Dear Jaya, I salute you because for all that I write, I am no patch on you! You have really proved every word of "to err is human, to forgive is divine".I am at a loss of words to write a reply.You are truly a geat soul, Jaya. Pray God bless you with peace of mind.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra, I am Kamal’s wife Harsha. I happened to read yr blog and simply loved it. Yes I agree 100 % that to forgive is to feel light immediately and also to keep at bay deseases caused by anger , resentment negative feelings. Recently I read a book by Louise Hay ‘You can heal your life’. A wonderful book. The first rule is to let go of past insults.
    Harsha

6. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear chithu

i forst of all appreciate your friend for developing such a good virtue in himself to forgive !!! not MANY would like to do as he does.....i am sure God will bless him with everything and very nice of you to write an article like this about the good thing that you learnt from your friend and also helping us to learn to forgive !!!

lov
    sowmi

7. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra..
    Have been away from IL for a few days now...but I thought I should at least catch up on your blog. Very nice one and inspiring too. I know of 2 people - my mom and my husband - who are very forgiving and simple by nature. Sometimes, I can feel the pain when they are hurt and yet they are forgiving. In my home, I am the one who is very sensitive and emotional unfortunately.
    My mom has undergone many tough times from her in-laws' side...but she always maintains her composure and still tries her best to keep in touch and maintain relationships. My husband is very patient and although there may be things said / done that he doesnt like, he will never hit back harshly. One of the other things that is common between both of them is that they are smiling and positive even during moments of difficulties!
    I find it difficult to forgive in totality...but I am aware that this quality is invaluable for mental peace and health. I think I have improved over the years....but a long way to go.
    Please keep your lovely posts coming.

Thanks and love
    Pavithra

8. Chitvish

Dear Varsha, it is my honour that you have stepped in here! You are welcome, Harsha.
    The deepest resentments are wrapped up in a lot of hurt and pain. We think we're protecting ourselves by not forgiving. Acknowledge that and go easy on yourself. Forgiveness means that you've decided not to let it keep accumulating inside even if it only comes up once in awhile. Forgiveness is a powerful yet challenging tool that will support and honour you, even in the most extreme circumstances.
    In energy classes, we are taught to surround ourselves with pink colour energy which is the energy of love.The title "You can heal your life" sounds very interesting! If not we, who else can???
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear Sowmi, I now think, I must tell my friend that I have
    blogged on a casual statement he made to me in course of a conversation! I now feel, this forgiving quality has developed a lot of tolerance in him. I rarely see him lose his temper. Does one virtue lead to another? Perhaps so!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear Pavi, believe me, I did miss you for the past nearly one week.It is a blessing that you are surrounded by two virtuous people.That you write that you cannot forgive in totality, I can understand because I am also like you.That was where my friend is a great example and hence my admiration for him as a human being! To put on a pleasant face in difficulty is far from easy - I do not think, I can ever do it!! Thanks for "rushing back", Pavi.
    Love,
    Chithra.