1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Divorce Or Not To..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sruthiroopini, Jan 28, 2017.

1. sruthiroopini

sruthiroopini Bronze IL'ite

Hi women - I will be very direct and truthful here. Please give me advice.
    Mine is a love marriage. Husband and my parents are very supportive of my career.DH is a dedicated father and husband. He is simple and expects simple things out of life.
    Myself - vibrant personality and very passionate. For the past 4 years, we had sex about 20 times - that is it period. If you ask me why, I will tell you that DH does not know how to be passionate. He does not know how to enjoy or how to touch or how to approach. Rarely he comes to me expecting sex but I know how it is going to be. Many times, he cannot perform at all or he needs lot of help to get "himself up" - even after he approaches me. So, I lose interest or steam and I don't want to get into it at all.
    If you ask him why his sex life is not good, he will tell you that his mind is not on sex. He says his mind controls his body - as to why his mind is not good he might quote some minor domestic issues. As I said before, we have no major issues - even he will agree to that. We fight maybe twice a month that is it.
    I am planning to get a divorce just to get out of this sexless marriage and pursue other options (I have solid options).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

You have two positives:
    (1) Your husband and parents would support your decision to get divorce. and
    (2) you have solid options.
    You are young, and deserve an affectionate lover; so why post/bother-with-it here ?
    Reconfirm the solidity of all your options, and go for it.
    An uncontested divorce is a lot faster and easier.

sumalynux, AnooSA and Madhumagie like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Has he checked with a doctor ?
    Has he tried medication?
    All this talk about not being aroused by you or domestic issues is just excuses because he has a problem. Don't lose a good husband because of a problem that can most probably be sorted out by seeking help.

4. sruthiroopini

Thank you Ilites. First of all, my parents are not at all supportive of my decision for divorce. They are totally against it. They want me to live in this marriage even without sex because my mother never was interested in sex and sex is not life. They told me to just adjust and live just because he is an excellent husband, yes he is.
    My husband got himself checked. Physically he has no issues(otherwise he could not get a son, right?). Mentally he is stressed - they suggested he reduce his stress. Girls - who does not have stress? How come you wont be aroused just because of stress. And, mind you, I have an excellent figure and am very sexy - both in and out of bed. I have not asked him for divorce yet - I am really worried about his reaction and that he is going to become alone. And also about our son - that he will be separated from one of his parents.

5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Imagine for a moment i am your husband's doctor. And i tell you that he has a hormone condition that can be fixed which can improve his libido and performance.

Would you consider this offer if your husband also is enthusiastic about taking up treatment.

What exactly.do you mean by "solid options" ?

blindpup10 likes this.
  6. sruthiroopini

Yes.. I will take up this offer.
    Solid option is this - I met another man with whom I have developed a loving relationship - which is not sexual. He is not just romantic and caring but also sexually very active (Let us just leave it at this and I am not imagining anything). He is waiting for me to make my decision.

7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Please don't give such advices. What do u think...life after divorce is that easy ? Instead of suggesting OP about the option of consulting doctors n family/marriage counselors, you are advising her to leave her good husband and loving father to their son.
    Would you have given the same advice had your own sister or best friend been in the same situation ?
    Her parents have given her the best advice as they are her true wellwishers.
    Be enthusiastic to answer but keep in mind the disastrous consequences that comes with advising anyone in such a blunt manner.
    Please try to make a family...not break it.

mimi77, sbonigala, shri0218 and 3 others like this.
  8. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

"Asexual" individuals are normal beings. As you say your man already has been examined by doctors and everything has been found normal.

Your husband appears, "asexual". Though it is rare condition, it is an undeniable entity. Previously, being "asexual" was thought to exist among women only. Now, it is known that men can also be asexual.

Sadly, such an asexual man's testosterone would be totally normal. There is no way it can be treated.

9. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

I Suspect My Husband Is Gay.

Depressed And Feeling Helpless! Pls Pls Advice

Have a look at these threads . Your husband is asexual I think. I can relate to your issue , can't advise you whether you should divorce or not as even without kid I can't decide the same for me. Counselling can not completely alter your husband into a mills and boons hero. Either you will have to put a lock into your feelings and maintain a status quo for your kid or decide to separate and deal with the multiple consequences of that .

10. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

@Shreema86 just a note.. asexuality is a type of sexual orientation or lack thereof. No medical condition may be present to account for the lack of libido. I dont think we have enough data to detemine the cause of OP's husband's issues. The lack of libido could be due to stress or hormonal imbalances or even diabetes.

What i mean is the term asexual may not be applicable for those who are otherwise heterosexual but presently dont have a libido due to underlying medical conditions.

SRK123 likes this.