1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To be True, to do Good, to do Selfless Service, ..... will they Perish Our Peace?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by MULLAI62, Mar 2, 2016.

1. MULLAI62

MULLAI62 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Its happened to me today. We are living in Sugar Mill Quarters. I will come to the point. 45 days the garbage was not removed. Dogs and Monkeys dragged them all and scattered on the road.

I was watching it with patience. Chairman birthday came. CM wont participate but company people will celebrate it. More public will participate on it. That day also it was remained like that. When my husband told to the in charge blindly he said no truck. The function was over with the garbage road.

Next 2 days Cm visit was there. The same in charge brought a lady and just take all the lying garbage on road and put it in the dust bin.

After that 45 days over. I could not tolerate. I went to the dust bin and took a snap and sent it to MD through WHATSAPP.

Immediately he called DGM and to take steps. Higher officials are very much interested in finding the person who sent but not to solve the problem.

To obey high level orders, they conducted a meet for all Quarters ladies regarding House Keeping.

I attended that. Our Gm said somebody have sent photo. Instead of sending to MD it has to be sent to me. You should know one thing GM is residing inside the factory but MD is visiting person.

They formed representatives for each quarter and I was selected as the common rep.

I took it as a chance and visited all Quarters and sent a report. I found that all pipe lines were damaged and water was leaking more than a year. Water is stagnant on the terrace and it affects the staircases.

U should notice one thing. All works are related with Civil Engg. Only His house pipe is not leaking.

GM mocked at my husband and said him go and run your plant with WhatsApp. He is sole responsible for the maintanance. Why he is taking in wrong way I dont know.

Friends cant we do good transparant? Cant we take steps to correct when the wrong happening around us?

My husband is not like me. He is shouting at me whats for u? who asked u to do this? Indirectly it affects my peace.

Friends I honour our Bhagavat Geetha. I use to read it often and correct myself. Something is going bad and it affects the society in the name of hygienic cant i take step without affects anybody?

Whatever skill, potential we have it must be useful to the society. Gita says. When some thing bad happens in front of us if we go why we have to it adds bad karma to us gita says.

Whats to do ? Shall I sit inside whats for me attitude? I cant friends. I can not correct the world. But at least around me..

I do not want to do great things but do small things in a great way.

Am i right or wrong to your view? I feel right to my view. Just tell me frank if anything wrong on my side.

being selfless , doing service to others gives fulfillment .

( I feel only one thing. If the higher officer who received the photo visited the spot without showing the photo everything would be avoided. Friends, here also if he thinks about the sender he wont. If i were in his place i would do like that. )

When the wrong doers are strong, I do not care when i did some thing good for my environment. Now they are taking steps. But unnecessarily my husband is getting affected. That is my only problem.

Next time sure I will hesitate to do some good and start analyzing. If we have to do good we have to do freely.

bye friends.

1 person likes this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Madam,
    Understood your feelings.
    We have burnt our fingers on so many occasions on so many issues.All our efforts are in vain.We came to this place in 1970,when I was just 28.Previously all the sum dwellers used the adjacent vacant plot as public toilet.Soft advice to the neighbouring slum dwellers,complaints to police yielded no results."Have you got patta of the land?" was the question raised by them.The police asked us why we built our house in that area.Issue came to a full stop, when the plot owner constructed his house there.
    Same issue with parking of vehicles.They would simply park the cars for days together.When a police complaint was lodged ,some three or 4 rowdy elements started threatening us. We had to keep quiet.With our children residing outside India, we senior citizens have to be very careful.Small urchins and some trouble makers cause a lot problems and they are not bothered even if we take a photo and hand them over to the authorities.They have people every where and know pretty well that we won't stoop down to lower levels.

Certain issues are solved if we represent in a group.Now a days oral complaints are not taken into account.Because of unnecessary questioning from the police no one is prepared to sign the representations.
    There is a maxim"unless the thief himself resolves not to steal, theft cannot be eliminated".
    Sometimes I feel, being a witness to any crime is as bad as doing crime.
    Giving service in Health camps, temple festivals, even if taking care of shoes etc are better compared to taking issues with corporation, water board, electricity Board or anything related to the Govt.This would absolutely spoil peace of mind and make you a patient for life.
    'Tolerance seems to have no limit'.If you lose your cool, you are the sufferer.In these 40 years ,no problem was solved with our efforts.In due course many problems were forgotten and we got immuned to certain filthy things cursing our destiny.
    I have come to a definite conclusion.Don't break your head even if the entire road is full of garbage.If it is within your physical ability, clean it,otherwise leave.The Govt expects people not to be sensitive but thick skinned.As we become old,their expectations turn to be true.
    Sincerity will not be rewarded.Any initiative we undertake will be criticized, leave alone being appreciated."See that lady, pretending to be a social worker'will be a harmless comment.I don't even want to say whatelse they talk.'Look to yourself and be quiet.Don't even look sideways' is the greatest lesson we have learnt in these 55 years of city life.

jayasala 42

3. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

You were right! :thumbsup I appreciate you :clap
    Even I might not have done what you did.
    But one thing I would say is find a way to tackle the consequences.
    For eg, your husband's anger and things like that..
    Keep rocking! :2thumbsup: Not everyone is like you! Even me!! :)

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mullai,

You have done an excellent thing and do not bother if your husband shouts at you. Yes, we have to be discreet sometimes because of the don't care attitude of the society. Excellent

Agatha83