1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To Be Or Not To Be......

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SandyM, Feb 23, 2010.

1. SandyM

SandyM New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is my 2nd day at IL and my first thread to it.
    I got pulled over to IL with its unique content and interesting discussions.

I come from this typical kannada family now married to a not-so contemporary gujarati family. Yes and thats the dilemma - to be or not to be!

With the perpetual struggle between idli's to dhoklas....that was just the beginning. Now fours years down the line, I realize the Real Conflict lies in yourself. In what I really and deeply wanted.

Yes, it is easier said than done. But that is the whole point - to be or not to be. :thumbsup

Regards,
    Sandy (Sandhya)
    "from error to error one discovers the entire truth".-Sigmond Freud

1 person likes this.
  2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

just try and be what you are.. what you want to be.

It would be good to have idli one day & dokla the other.. How are you doing now ?

3. indianinbayarea

indianinbayarea New IL'ite

Yes I agree with JustMyself:)

Just try to be yourself and not to be Kannada or even Gujarathi. Be a nice human being and I am sure things will fall in place. It does not matter what religion or caste you are from.

Try to adjust to Gujarathi culture and food and involve Kannada food in your food preparation. Gujrathis make their food very sweet so it will be difficult at first but I am sure if you do the right way, you can do this !!

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I know this is an old thread but a very good post nevertheless...
    "To be or not to be ". We are tied to our roots and upbringing a lot more than we realize .
    Its more than idlis Vs Dhoklas.....

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Well said JAG. Some issues are easier to resolve, others needing a lot more effort. Eventually a new equilibrium is reached and things fall into some kind of pattern which both partners get used to.

Talking of gastronomic matters, well the Kannadiga - Gujju combination is an absolute winner. Both communities have their hearts and priorities in the right place when it comes to food. :-D So good idea to mix and match both individually and come up with fusion for some days.