1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To be or not to be

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Hi all ILites

Nice thoughtful thread, To Be or Not to Be Well the one aspect on which i am pondering seriously right now. Was working before marriage. I am 30yrs as of date got married at 23 gave birth immediatly to a girl child, had another one after 4 yrs and after 7 yrs of marriage and 2children later, and wondering whether i had made a right choice not to pursue a career or a role for myself apart from family.

Children seem to be self sufficient, Eldest daughter aged 7yrs turns around and asks me "mummy why are you not going for work like all my friends mom" Hubby not really appreciative of the fact that i am spending the best of 30's taking care of them:roll:. So maybe i may give it a shot to look out for a career for myself just for me to feel not only financially independant but to satisfy the inner craving of doing something for myself as an individual. So i guess for each one the equation works in different ways.:coffee
    Cheers
    Jay.

2. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

hello sriniketan,

i am destined to do what almighty has decided for me. this is how i always accept
    i got married at the age of 21, right after completing my graduation in computer science and engineering, then i worked for 2 years. then i had my 1st daughter, ................break for 3 years, meanwhile i had the 2nd daughter too, when she was 3 months old i started my own consultancy. later when she was 8 months old i worked as a consultant for a residential school in bangalore again a break............................ but did my BBA, Masters in Yoga & Meditations during that break,
    moved to chennai, worked as a business executive promoted as a customer relations manager for a leading bajaj dealer
    then my mil fell sick, i could not work because i was not willing to leave my daughters with maids, and i had severe back ache problem. so left the thought of working,
    now i am pursuing my MSW and a full time home maker. but i keep myself busy with some kind of services like giving lectures on yoga and meditation , services to a blind school in chennai and so on.....................

when i was young that is in my 20's, sometimes i have asked myself did all these happen just like that or i was not efficient for a job,

now i am matured enough to accept that this was destined to me by almighty.

thanks for starting this thread.

bye
    love & regards
    padma

3. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Srini,
    Such a thought provoking topic.....in fact, I always wonder how a woman could take both the responsibilities (home and office) and being in USA, makes the thing a little worse where one has to manage without maid.
    Since my childhood, I saw myself as a working lady....so, I preferred to finish my education before marriage only......then got married.....came to USA......took the job.
    Initially, it was so hectic, then we both planned our work accordingly.....as the transition from a girl to a married lady and from a student to an employee took palce at the same time........
    Now, I have my job...my family.....and to tell you, I really enjoy both of these.......
    Even, I am planning to take some management course to give a boost to my career.
    Don't know, what life has for me in near future when I will have kids, but I will try my best to perfom all my duties with equal interest and happiness.
    I liked the report which says that moving/relocation affects woman career is really very true........
    Regards.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jay,
    Nice to hear from you.
    Pursue with you inner cravings.
    Good luck!

sriniketan

5. Sriniketan

It is true Padma, that whatever happens is always pre-determined. If we are content with that thought, there will be no problem at all in life.
    Happy to see that you are keeping yourself busy... in the meantime, doing charitable works, keep it up.
    Me too wanted to be so.

sriniketan

6. Sriniketan

Hi Meeta for stepping in!
    Happy to note that you enjoy 'both the worlds'.
    Good luck on your future endeavours!

sriniketan