1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

To be or not to be

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Nov 27, 2007.

1. suma21

suma21 New IL'ite

Hi All,

Very intresting topic..every women goes thru this dilema in their lives....i worked for 5 years in software before my daughter was born & since 2 years i opted being home maker to take care of baby.Planning to catch up with career next summer.From my experience of both worlds i think after having kids it better to take part time job to have complete satisfaction & balance both worlds.

Cheers,
    Suma

2. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

hi
    a good topic really.
    woman have to take up many roles as demanded by the circumstances..Mostly they dont have a choice.
    I m not a very ambitious person but I like working, I like to be financially Independent.
    and in my profession (software engineering) if I stop working for a while I will loose the feel of the new technologies and I will be left behind.
    the place where I stay I can get good maids who take good care of the children so I dont have to worry much about my little prince he is happy at home so I continue my work. but if circumstances demand me to stay at home..I would surely take up that task.
    I will find sometime to pursue my hobbies during that time.

Jaishree

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Great topic Sri - me, am a homemaker at home and career woman at work! When we first moved to US, I went to school, then my little girl was born. Stayed at home till she went to preschool. In that time, I completed my CPA and so was ready to work - took up a part time job near her preschool; my work schedule was the same as her school timings - so it worked perfectly. When she was in middle school, we moved and I started working full time - this was my choice. It was a bit tough for a while but we got into a routine. In the midst of this (again my choice), I went back to school to get my masters part time. So there I was a full time mom, career woman and student all rolled into one! People thought I was nuts (was I?) Now, my daughter is out of the house and I got all the time in the world. Now a full time career woman - and I do love my job - so many challenges every day, learning new things, making friends. Looking back, I believe that the choices I made have helped me be the person that I am today!

4. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    It is always a great dililima TO BE OR NOT TO BE in every aspect od life.
    Being a carrier woman I have to put many hats for my different roles in my day to day life.
    Even in school days I decided to study bio & to become a doctor . Being a doctor I think I never thought to be a non working woman. My husband being also a doctor I think help me always in my carrier,always inspired me to attand seminars & conferences & all.
    At home I am a mother to my two daughters who always says that they r very proud of me so r our all relatives.
    My husband & daughters love my cooking & I always found time to cook for my daughters & husb. Though I have a full time maid & that is a must.
    Being a carrier woman U have to don different hats at different times, When I go to my inlaws place I am a much loved DIL ,my phloshphy is to adjust to circumstances even if it is discomfort for few days & so my Inlaws love me ,at home I am what I want to be.
    It is also rewrding to be finacially independent & thats what I wud like my daughters to be.
    All my life I adjusted well & cudnt imagine myself to be without my proffesion .
    All my relatives look up on us to give any medical advice needed. When My father was ill he refused to be admitted in hospital as he said I have two doctors at home to look for me.
    Though this is much stressful at times becoz of the unstable long hours spend in hospital along with the much emmotional strain but life is rewarding when some one says thanku so much.

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for you FB Sujatha, very interesting to see your choices and how wisely you made it!

sriniketan

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. Sriniketan

Thanks Suma for your FB!
    i accept your point 100%

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Thanks Jaishree for your FB.
    Rightly said, if situation arises, we are all ready to work-outside our home or be a home-maker.

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Great going Shobana and thanks for stepping in, and i totally accept that we are what we are today because of our choices!
    You said you are nuts(!) when one knows how to balance there is no problem, right?

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Thanks for giving your side of choice, Dr. Jaishree!
    i can see what you all undergo because my hubby is a physician and a home-maker (?) too, because, he is the one who takes children to the classes, buys groceries for the family during the weekends! If you wonder what are you doing at home saying you are a home-maker--here is the reason---i had to look after my mil and cannot leave her alone that is the reason for me not learning to drive but i do look after other jobs in the house!

sriniketan

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shobana,
    When a person is capable of doing multi tasking, people would feel bit jealous.
    We need to keep doing what we want....

~Punitha