Tirumangalyam and auspicious days.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by mazhaikatru, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mazhaikatru

mazhaikatru New IL'ite

Hi,

I just want to ask dear members of IL , Chitra mam if it happens for you to read this please educate me. I have read a lot of information from you mam. We make tirumangalyam from goldsmiths on auspicious days. Could you highlight me what are the best days like tithi, naal or nakshatram to take the tirumangalyam from the goldsmith and what pooja to do before wearing it ? I am asking on behalf of a friend, I am not sure because we followed family way in India. My friend is married for 5 years but her dh is telugu brahmin and she is tamil. Her in laws and dh said okay for her to wear tamil mangalyam :thumbsup ( she did not change the pottu thali since she got married which all telugu brahmin ladies will change to new seems ). Also in US temples far, she need to fix a day before taking off to pooja otherwise difficult to arrange without planning early. I wish to get some suggestions from elders before I pass the info to her. Thanking everyone for replies.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I live in Bay Area. Call Livermore Temple to speak to the priests. they are really good. they can help your friend with this matter. Happy Married life!!!

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Interesting question....I would love to hear Chitra mamis reply...
    Apart from the Telugu-Tamil Thali....I would also like to know...Can a ThiruMangalyam be changed ?(after x years).
    Somehow thought...u cant really change it after ur wedding day.

4. mazhaikatru

mazhaikatru New IL'ite

Thanks for the replies Coffeelover and anothergirl. No yaar, my friend lives in Minneapolis. Very far away temple seems. If Bay area means no problem na. Friends, elderly maamis are there around my place. Also temples are not that far. I got no idea and dont want to give wrong information. Ya I think can change the thali, I asked home they say can do no problem. My neighbour, her thali string broken , she replaced white poonal string instead of yellow and fixed it in the chain. I dont know can do like that but she couldnt find alternate. Things we struggle living abroad faraway from family.

I hope to hear Chitra maam's reply soon.

5. Induindu

Induindu New IL'ite

Hi just want to know if you can help me. My thaali string is broken. I will not be able to fix till i travel to india since the string is in gold. What is the possible solution i can do and if any poojas i want to perform. I am very worried. Thanks for your reply.