1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of sharp pain near ribcage

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Imblessed, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

I am having a sharp pain since last 2- 2.5 years, near my rib cage area. I am In US since this time. I never had any pain like this earlier. I have had fracture on my right hand joint many years ago(while I was 3-4 years old) and met with an accident may be 10 years ago which resulted in pressing of one of the bones in spine. But this also was not serious. I did exercises for a few years related to back pain and all but later on stopped doing it. But these affected areas never pained.

After coming to US after a few months, I think because of the posture of washing utensils my right hand, shoulder, and most importantly area below chest , ribcage started paining. I did go to doctor and she told me this is costochondritis- it has no reason and no cure. I am tired of this. I apply pain balm and it gets well for some time. When I get up in the morning it goes and if I work too much any day it starts paining again. I am afraid someday when I become pregnant will this worsen?
    Ladies, please tell me something to cure this. Thanks in advance.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

did you check with your physician? is the pain inside or on the bone? if it is not on bone and pain is pricking sort under the ribs, it coudl be due to stomach ulcer. instead of guessing, it is better to get it diagnoised by a medical practioner. wish you a speedy recovery

3. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Mimur9 for your reply.
    Yes, I did go to doctor twice and she just said that there is no cure for this.. I have pain on bone... she suggested me to do some home exercises. I thought if I find anyone with similar experience I might get some tips. so posted a question here.

1 person likes this.