Tips

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Mar 16, 2008.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sure Dear Sharada,

dont worry. Under my signature you can see a link for "kitchuppa's diet plan' . just click and see the diet plan. It is a fool proof plan to reduce weight.:yes: Many of us are following and reducing weight by that. It is actually My husband's diet plan and it is also approved by a US Doctor. (our friend Laasya showed this diet plan to her doctor and she approved it and asked to add a cup of milk in that diet) so you can gothrough the post and join us in that thread.

surely you can reduce easily without any problem. I reduced 4.5 kgs with in 6 weeks and Vahee reduced 8 kgs within 6 weeks. and many are there who are reducing their stubbern fat. so come and join withus. you will also reduce.

all the best. let me wait for you in that thread. bye for now.

2. sharada shankar

sharada shankar New IL'ite

Dear madam

Thanks for the reply I have gone through that Diet plan I will be starting from Tommorrow. Actually everybody says that to feel fresh and healthy , you should have balanced and nutritious diet So I wanted to know what is a balanced and nutritious diet. Can you please clarify me . I am pure south indian vegetarian .

Bye and Thanks
    Sharada

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

Hi Krishnnamma

Nice tips

Keep it up

Regards

4. krishnaamma

Hi Sharada,

good to note that you are going to follow the new diet plan - "kitchuppa's diet plan". yes as you said, it is correct to have balanced and nutritious diet. you can go through my thread on this and surely you will get an idea about the same. all the best.

here is the link. and waiting for you in my thread with your diet chart.

[​IMG]Reduce Weight without fasting. ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] krishnaamma

5. jaisapmm

jaisapmm Silver IL'ite

nice tips

Keep posting keep on posting such a wonderful infos

Regards

6. krishnaamma

Hi Jai,

How are you? I could not see your posts?

Thanks for your comments and here are some more tips.

7. krishnaamma

Some more tips.

1. You can use scrubber to clean potato, ginger etc.,

2. You can use your unused milk cooker to keep veg. fresh. (greens) and also you can keep alu in that to keep them fresh. Just fill up the outer and keep veg inside of the cooker. That is all veg. will be fresh for 4 - 5 days. In between check for water and fill them up.

3. When you grate cheese, apply oil in the grater to avoid sticking.

4. If you feel that your gulob jamun is not cooked well inside, put all of them in a vessel and also pour the sugar syrup in that. Keep this in a cooker and keep it in the cooker. put the weight and allow it just only one whistle. When you open you will get good gulob jamuns,:crazy fully cooked and soaked one. Try this.

5. When you prepare curry using beans or cabbage or greens, you may put over salt because of the cut veg. quantity. to avoid this add salt when you finish the curry. That is dont add salt at first seeing the quantity of the cut veg. wait and put salt after they reduce. So you will put correct quantity of salt for the curry.:hiya

6. If you have unriped gova or sapota, keep them in hot pack over night. you will get good fruit in the morning.:idea

7. Want to remove the stickers on vessels? Just heat the vessel so that you can remove the stickers with out any problem.

8. Are you having dried bread, just keep them in cooker like idly for 5 min. you will get soft new bread. enjoy.:thumbsup

9. If you add one teaspoon curd in vada dough, you will get less oil vada.

10. When you prepare filter coffee, first put one spoon of sugar in the filter. then put coffee powder and make 'decoction' you will get thick and tasty decoction. (டிகாஷன்)

11. One super use of letter holder. Just fix one (cloth) letter holder in your ward rob door (inside) and you can keep EB card, bank pass book, cable card , ration card etc., in that. so it will be easy for you to locate.:idea

12. By putting bay leaves in your kitchen and shelves, you can avoid cockroach.

13. Add soda, instead of water when you prepare Naan or Parota (Madras). It will come very soft.

14. when greens become dry, put them in lemon water for half an hour. They will look fresh.

Put your tips also here.

8. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Mam,

Thanx for your tips on chappathi dough storage.

Usually i will apply oil and keep it in a airtight container. Even then, it wont be good.

But I will definitely try your deep freezing method. Can i just take it from freezer and just keep it in room temperature? Or I have to defrost?

Andal

9. krishnaamma

Hi Andal,

ya you have to defrost it. Or even you can keep 2 , 3 hours before you use it to bring it to room temp. but be sure that you are using a frost free fridge. Thank you for your comments.

10. krishnaamma

Some more Cooking Tips !

To regain freshness in stale chapattis Just wrap them in a clean cloth and pack them in a vessel that will fit into the pressure cooker and steam it for 5 min. Your fresh chappati is ready to serve.

To determine if baking powder is still active add 1 teaspoon to 1/3 cup of hot water. If it bubbles vigorously, it's still active and will give good baking results.

To keep your bananas from going too ripe too fast keep them in a plastic bag.

To avoid stickiness in Rice Add a few drops of lemon juice to the rice while cooking, you will find that the grains of rice will remain separate.

For crispy lady fingers Add a few drops of lemon juice while cooking for a crispy taste

To remove excess oil in any fried vegetables Sprinkle a little gramflour over the vegetables. Gramflour absorbs the excess oil and makes the vegetable tastier. Instead of gramflour you can use rice flour or rava or even bread powder for this purpose.

To cook dal quick and tasty, Add one sp oil and a pinch of turmeric powder to the dal before placing it in the cooker. Or even you can cook dal in kadai. It will cook faster than normal and it wont come out of the vessel.

To prevent the insides of the cooker from turning black Add a piece of tamarind or lemon peel to the cooker while boiling.

To preserve the white color in cauliflower and cabbage. Add a teaspoon of milk or milk powder while cooking.

To prevent milk from curdling while boiling Add a pinch pf baking soda to it and it will regain its freshness.

To save oil while frying Add a pinch of salt to the oil while frying ‘pakodas’ or ‘koftas’ and you will use up less oil.

To make good crispy French fries, First blanch potatoes in hot water till tender, then cut them. then deep-fry in very hot oil till crisp. Take care not too add too many potatoes at once to the oil. This causes the temperature of the oil to come down and you will end up with fries that are greasy, not crisp!