1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips To Survive Indian Marriages

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sunshine04, Sep 19, 2017.

1. VinuthaS

VinuthaS Silver IL'ite

Well no think the DH should not be taking side and stand for what is right... blindly (emotionally) taking side will always create problems... he has to learn to live with both women together..

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Haha.. I agree..

Whenever my kid or his friends come over after their fight, We moms have the habit of saying "you guys are friends, work it out between yourselves. Don't complain. Go play."

In a similar manner, if we were men, we would probably say "You guys are family, work it out between yourselves. Don't complain. Go be nice." :thumbup:

VaishaliYadav, sindmani and Naari like this.
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Haha totally agree! And, the situation here is slightly more challenging since Dil & in laws are not friends (actually quite the opposite I think);) Poor men:(

:rage: (Wife) +:weary: (parents) =:thinking: (husband)

I think lots of combinations possible here :lol: we need @Amica to bring her gifs

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Amica, Sunshine04 and sindmani like this.
  4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

:argue: (Wife & parents) =:wave1: (husband)

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Marriage in our context means facing problems from all the angles.
    In laws can create some problems, parents can add fuel to the fire. Your siblings, their spouses etc... and not to forget about his siblings and their spouses.
    So, the list is too big. You are expected to satisfy each and everyone to win the best DIL title.
    This is how we were trained through our society... Many thanks to the media, specially the soaps of all times :)

But, the truth is very shocking. It is different from the reality.
    Yes, the Good DIL title is not worth. It is pointless.
    There is no point in winning such a title, which has no value, no respect, and that could never give you any peace or love.
    It is like, wasting all your hard earned money to get some unaccredited degree!!!

On the other hand, we were also trained by this so called society that it is a sin if we are labeled as home-breakers!
    This is as if the home-breaker title is permanent, and it may carry over to your next generations. That's why, people are afraid to stand up against bullying or abuse in a marriage. At any cost, no DIL wants this home-breaker title.

Again, the truth is very far from what media or this society has been portraying.
    The DIL who chooses to follow her instinct and live on her own terms without disturbing others will be peaceful, happy, successful and content in Indian marriage setting. Although, she may hear comments like arrogant, proud, and sometimes extreme labelling like home-breaker.. But who cares.... These titles have no values, you see!
    So, at the end of the day, she is happy.
    A happy woman can create a happy family. If everyone in the family is happy, undoubtedly her H will be happy. You know, happiness is contagious.
    It is utmost important to have a happy and peaceful relationship with your spouse. When H&W are happy, no mater what, the extended family will remain external only.

Most importantly, it is a must to show clear signals to our external family members about our united front.
    The more we are united, the less they will interfere.
    Even the home-breaker title should be shared, and all the credit has to be equally distributed to both the spouses

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is quite befitting suggestion and has universal applicability. I would suggest, these DOs & DON'Ts neatly typed in huge fonds and pasted on a board one copy each hung in prominent place in kitchen hall bed and WC as well. Just over wash basin by side of mirror would do enormous good. Para four is superb.
    Thank you. God Bless my sisters. Regards.

sindmani and Sunshine04 like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:PARA 4 is superb. Thank u. God bless you my sisters.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

how many husbands treat their birth family as secondary.??
    my husband expects me to be aq part of his family??
    even though it means my sanity is comprom ised

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Probably keeping your parents, siblings to often camp at your in laws place will equalise and would tend to keep them dormant? ! God blesses always excessively the in laws is perhaps the root cause!Anyway thanks, regards and God bless you. I wrote this suggestion in lighter vain and just humourize so that will provide laughter in dry locale!

Sunshine04 likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Quite so! It is like theory of relativity. Easy to read yet ticklish to follow or comply. When my thin layer is punctured what I am expected to do? This would be uppermost in one' mind. Any way . God bless us all. Regards.