1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to STOP hating mother in law ????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Mar 17, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

1) she has insulted my education,looks,dressing,family.(in a sarcastic manner)

2) Anytime her son,my DH supports me for her mistake she cried and throws a tantrum and hubby feels so embarrassed.

3)she did not offer any help with my newborn child.I was suffering managing the baby,home,sleepless nights and C-section pain.she just sat and watched tv all day

4)She makes a mess of my home.

5)Initially she atleast washed her plates and cups but now after my pregnancy (THAT WAS the time I really needed help!) all she did was keep the plates and cups then and there.

6)she will cut veggies for cooking but the remains of the cut veggies she won't dispose.she will just leave it there.

7)she discourages me al lot.she competes also a lot!once,I went to a friends place who knew I sing well.she asked me to sing.before I could start,MIL started singing!!she wanted to show she is awesome!

8)she will want to cook for my dh.will interfere a lot with my cooking.

9) I went to India last time,had a jetlag.wanted coffee.she prepares only tea in her place.when I said that I will make it myself,she said that she did not want to waste the coffee powder.she offered that I can have only tea.I suffered with severe headache.

I can add more things..

Am I overreacting?or the above is nothing?I just do not even feel like talking to her.there is no love left.if I talk nice,it will be too fake.dh wants a civil relationship.he asked his mother to back down.she is like"iam old and will not change.ask her to change"

hmm..How can I live with her??how do I forget and smile and be civil??

2 people like this.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Many MIL's suck big time!!sorry to be rude.even mine is almost the same:((

2 people like this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

how to stop hating a mil?.... reminding urself like repeating mantra.. at least she did one good thing in her life / to me: my hubby :coffee

3 people like this.
  4. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

Forgive people not be cause they deserve it, be cause you deserve peace. this mantra has helped me.

6 people like this.
  5. Deepzpb

Deepzpb New IL'ite

hii...

I have a wonderful MIL.. my advise is don't argue with her.. say whatever she tells is right (even though she is wrong) do what you want but make her feel u do what she wants.. praise her in front of others.. b calm handle smartly.. ;) if u start making her feel she s the best she will b the best.. also try not to interfere your husb into this.. MIL wil b possessive abt their sons.. hope it helps

3 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Assuming that you don't live in the same house as your MIL, you are overreacting.

When is the living with her going to happen? Near future? Or is this one of those "might happen in the long term" things you are worrying about too much in advance?

If you are already living with her, then there are tons of threads here to help you cope, mope and dope.

3 people like this.
  7. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Sometimes IGNORANCE IS BLISS...

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    I guess only u can find a perfect way to tackle ur situation based on everyones advice :)

2 people like this.