1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

tips to improve relationship between husband and wife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by aryashi, Aug 3, 2012.

1. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

here are few tips to improve relationship between husband and wife..
    1.no communication gap between each other
    2.spend quality time with your partner
    3.involve each other in decision making.
    4.respect and value each other
    5.no 3rd party involvement during argument especially family members
    6.unconditional LOVE is important.
    7.appreciate each other.

any more tips from our ILITES..feel free to share it may help some one...

6 people like this.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

well said dear

3. redbird1

redbird1 Bronze IL'ite

one more thing to be added, criticism can be made (ofcourse in any married life it will be there) :cheers

It should be taken on positive note if the mistake lies on our part.

Things rock my head if my DH turns my critic before some one else, for sure there will be an argument after that :rant

I have said him several times to change this. Of Late he is trying to understand, good for him :coffee

4 people like this.
  4. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

hi all..
    After reading so many posts made by our fellow ILites regarding the strained relationship between couples.. i couldnt stop myself from writing this post..Feel sad that ladies(wife-i myself also included)try to make maximum effort to work on the relationship when compared to Husband..Dont you'll think its duty of both adults to sit n work on the relationship?
    "to clap hands we need two hands"

what if its one sided? effort only from one partner?
    How to deal with such relations?
    though we are from a modern society highly educated thorough professional...if our DH's wont realize the value of marriage ..then how do we proceed top work it constructively?
    Strange thing is they already carry the tag of being "best son"," responsible sibling","professional expert" but what about " Caring Husband","responsible father" tags?
    pour in your opinions IL's both ladies n gentlemen to find solution to this problem....
    why n how to deal with this type of delicate relations...
    How much is toooo much?

1 person likes this.
  5. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

Nice tips,
    Thanks for sharing..
    Few more tips:
    1. Try to have food together atleast for dinner. (I'm sure this makes lots of difference in our routine)
    2. Be the first one to initiate talk after a fight(ego never works- wind up your fighting mood with that days night itself)
    3.take care of your in-laws affectionately (even if u don't like),
    4.Don't complain about in-laws unnecessarily, this may create negative impression on you.
    5. Last but not the least cook food with full love, this adds special taste ( the way to man's heart is through his stomach)

4 people like this.
  6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Great post :thumbsup here are few things which have worked fr us.
    *Give each other room
    *Pursue your passion even if ur spouse is nt interested in it, its ok to have different interests. And whenever we give up our passion we for sure hold a gruge in our heart .
    *Dh's CANNOT read our minds or body language so please do communicate what you expect & how he can make you feel better. Specific instructions works!!
    * Teach your son how to be sensitive & caring ( think of future dil )

aryashi I think only you can decide how much is too much. I do think both husband & wife needs to work on relationaship but mostly us ladies are the one thinking about & doing something about it. I think a heart to heart talk with your husband is needed. Tell him that how he is making you feel & ask him does he wants to see you happy? Then tell him that if you see him making an effort in your relationship that will please you or atleast give the satisfaction that you matter to him. all the best dear!

7. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

yes i do agree that heart 2 heart talk is needed... but when that talk is only for temporary phase or for a certain period of time then...??

8. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

hmm......I think once you have that heart to heart talk the effect shd last . What ever conclusion you two come to shd be implimented and if the effect is temporary try having another talk. I also realize that its imp to have a cool head while having these chats.

9. sttelj

sttelj New IL'ite

Its really an interesting discussion... Let me share my views on this (am a husband) !

1. Key to a happy married life is, considering spouse as a heavenly gift - regardless of the bad habits / problems we see in him / her.
    2. Consider our spouse as "someone for me to love" - not someone to love me.
    3. Remember there is nobody on earth as "perfect" and my spouse is the 'right match' considering my weaknesses / limitations / shortcomings.
    4. It is much easy to change myself than changing someone else (read my spouse). If I can't change myself, how can I expect my spouse to change for me?

To answer the point raised by 'Aryashii', I think, in an 'ideal world', both the parties must be ready to adjust and compromise. However, we need to accept the fact that we are not living in an 'ideal world'. So, whoever realizes the importance of marriage life, may have to walk an extra mile. If I can set aside my ego and walk that extra mile, life is going to be sweet for both of us, our families and society. In fact, aren't we all called to live such a worthy life?

I'm new here and saw this as an interesting topic to share my views. Thanks for reading !

3 people like this.
  10. aryashi

aryashi Gold IL'ite

hiii sttelj
    nice to hear you point of view..
    if every male thinks in the same manner i.e: your point of view... there wont be any kind of misunderstanding,ego prob,trust issues etc within the couples...

1 person likes this.