1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

tips to improve complexion for girl baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by deepplav, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Nishana

Nishana New IL'ite

Hai Deepplav,

Can you suggest me some tips for how to improve complexion of my baby??Even my baby was fair when she was born......

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi,

You can try Johnson & Johnson's MILK Bath.It can be used instead of soap.Hope it helps.

3. cheenueeshu

cheenueeshu New IL'ite

hi deepa,
    can you share your tips you are following now to improve your kids complexion..im also a worried mother
    plsss ...the one you have successfully applied to your baby skin

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Cheenu

in this thread itself you'll find many tips to improve complexion.Please go through the discussion.

5. PSR09

PSR09 Junior IL'ite

Have mosambi/sweet lime juice, skin complexion will improve and will glow

6. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Deepplav can u share the homemade tips suggested by ur grandma with us so that I would be helpful for moms like me...
    thanks in advance.

7. indu2001

indu2001 New IL'ite

Yea, Johnson & Johnson's is soft than other

8. Rchandel

Rchandel Junior IL'ite

Hiiii All,

I would like to tell you all that I am also dusky in complexion but my daughter is having a better complexion. When I had conceived I was also thinking that in case I m blessed with a daughter, she should not be dusky like me. We all know that complexion is something beyond our control. We can work upon our behavior, character, education... but complexion is something not in our hands.

Being a dusky girl, all my life, had to choose among colors that I was supposed to wear, nailpaint shades, lipstick shades, slippers, even my spectacle frames. But fair complexioned girls can wear any color and it will suit them. I had to struggle with myself to stop myself from buying blues, yellows, oranges, pinks etc... Another thing is I am a part of the marketing team in my office and I cannot experiment much, since I need to look decent always. And there are girls in my office who are very fair and look good in everything they wear.

I never wanted this to happen to my daughter. And God was kind enough to bless me with a girl with good complexion. And I can buy all colors for her that I could not wear all my life like yellow, light pink, orange, sky blue, fluorescent green, off-whites etc.

I know all this may seem funny to you all, but I am only venting my heart out.

I am sure deepplav is an excellent mother as far as her daughter's health is concerned. No mother would start working upon improving her child's complexion at the dispense of the child's health.

Regards...

1 person likes this.
  9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

That was very frank opinion that you gave and i respect every mother who came to this thread to voice their opinion against the "color obssesion" that we have.I am sure it is not just limited to India but world over fair is a tad above dusky.JMHO.

1 person likes this.
  10. alpsheidi

alpsheidi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am mother of 11 months girl baby. My mom used to apply homemade tumeric + milk daily during bath.
    Now we could see her complexion has been improved little. Though its not a big difference, it shows slow results. This is not only to improve her complexion but my mom says it very good for the skin and the child's health to prevent any possible infections.

Ingredients of homemade tumeric:
    Kasturi manjal (not the packed powder ones sold in the shop..). This we get in any herbal shops (naatu marundu shop), its a big thick solid piece.
    Manjal - The ones ladies rub in stone to apply.
    Tumeric sticks - This we get in all departmental stores.
    Pacha payiru - This we get in all departmental stores. The whole ones (not the spilt ones).

All these have to be dried well in sun and grind in flour mil machine, since these cant be grinded at home. Care should be taken when u give this to grind, since they will have separate machine to grind such things, not in the machine where we grind chilies or hot stuff.... [SINCE ITS GOING TO BE APPLIED ON CHILD'S SKIN]. Please mention it to the person grinding it abt the fact/purpose when u grind it, so care would be taken.

After the powder is grinded well, sieve it for removing any larger particles using flour sieve @home.
    Again, using a thin cotton cloth sieve the powder well, so only very fine powder is obtained.

Mix the powder with milk and make paste and apply it to ur child at the end of the bath and wash it off. While applying on child skin, take care not to apply it around eyes. I would also say DONT APPLY AROUND THEIR EYES. Rest apply on all other parts of the body, no harm.

NOTE: before applying, apply the paste to urself and be satisfied it causes no harm for the baby and then apply.

I know its a big process!! Here i would like to thank my mom and my aunt (mom's sister) to prepare this for my DD.

I'll try to take snaps of the ingredients and also its propotion and will post the same as soon as possible.

Sorry for the lengthly one:), since its for baby i want to make sure we dont take any chances.

1 person likes this.