1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tips To Avoid Constipation

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by sunkan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

tips to avoid constipation.

1 Eat more fruit and vegetables. These high fiber foods bulk up stool making it easier to pass.

2 Drink lots of fluids (water is best), this helps to make stool softer.

3 Get adequate sleep

4 Eat meals at regular times. Breakfast is the most important.

5. Exercise regularly. Do exercises which can increase the tone of lower abdominal and pelvic muscles.

6. Do not ignore the urge to have a bowel movement because you are too busy.

7. Allow time (15 min. at least) after breakfast to sit on the toilet. Relax and don't strain.

8. Avoid medications that are constipating if at all possible. Calcium, iron and narcotic analgesics are just a few of these.
    9. Do not take harsh laxatives unless directed by a doctor.

10. Add additional bulk to the diet with bran.

11. Cut back on dairy foods such as cheese, and on eggs which can be constipating.

12. Practice relaxation techniques. Stress can cause constipation.

13. Consider adding more fiber to your diet when traveling. Changes in routine can cause constipation.

Tips:

1. If constipation is a new problem and persists, you should follow-up with your doctor.

2. If constipation is accompanied by abdominal pain or blood in the stool you should see a doctor as soon as
    possible.

3. If you alter between diarrhea and constipation you should see a doctor and be evaluated.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->_________________

IN NATURE CURE THEY ADVISE ENEMA EVERY DAY FOR SOMETIME TO COOL OFF THE SYSTEM..THIS IS A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE..SUNKAN

3 people like this.

2. mancerick

mancerick New IL'ite

Here aretips to avoid constipation, that you can follow.

Diet

Your diet plays a crucial role in adding bulk to your stool. In most countries, the less consumption of fibers leads to an increase incidence of constipation. Health experts recommend that you should at least consume 30 grams of fibers per day. Products like whole wheat bread, less refined rice and corn, fruits and vegetables are high in fibers. Be sure to include them in your major meals to meet the recommended daily intake.

Fluid

Fluid is important in all body processes and this includes the passage of stool. The water serves as a lubricant during the bowel movement. As much as possible, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day and increase it as the environmental temperature rises. Other possible sources of fluid are fresh fruit juices. For more information, visit this site, constipation remedies.

3. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

useful info
    thanks for sharing.

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Agree with the above. One personal tip is barley water. Has helped me . immensely with my constipation issur during my pregnancu

5. silverlight

silverlight Silver IL'ite

very useful info...
    as a child, always neglected parent's advice to drink more water..had to go through certain after effects too..

now, I make sure i drink more water and exercise... it hellps me a lot.

Thanks for sharing the tips :)

6. manvish434

manvish434 New IL'ite

If a woman carrying and this is the starting of her ninth month.In this timing what type of awareness/workouts that helping normal delivery/food type to avoid constipation or any other stomach trouble/entertainment types/healthy time pass ideas required? Kindly guide regarding this

7. aarta

aarta Silver IL'ite