1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on Tying Cotton Sarees Please

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Vaishnavi Mohan, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Vaishnavi Mohan

Vaishnavi Mohan New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    I love to tie sarees. I am the only one in my office to wear saree quite often in my office. Even married women waer only when there is some speacial day and asked to tie. So actually some people will look me as "country"/pattikadu type.

I always spoil the cotton saree when i am tying. however neatly it is starched/ironed or even new sarees it will be crumbled by the time i tie them and totally spoiled by the time i reach office.

I see some girls tie so neatly and it is same all the day through. Donno whether they would do anything or just stand in one place :(. But for me it will be like as though i rolled over and came to office.

Can anyone give some tips in tying them and maintaining them??

Regards,
    VM

2. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vaishnavi
    I too love wearing saree. Though cotton sarees suit almost all, I too just wonder how they manage to keep it tidy from morning till evening..! I'm no expert to share tips.. but what i do with the pallu is.. before starting to tie the saree, i take pleats for the pallu, arrange the length and pin it up. then only I start with tying from the other end. as you are working, the pallu part may be done in advance (previous night). but the front part (pleats) is always difficult for me..i usually need someone to help arrange that for me!
    hope our friend here might guide you with more tips..
    Reshmi

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi reshmi,
    Thanks for your tips. That not bad idea. I would do that from next time. But when u do the pallu part how do u keep the saree for the whole night. Do you hang it somewhere so that it dont crunches. (am i looking like dumb asking simple questions... but who knows there may be good way to keep them also right??? )

Regards,
    AVM

4. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

hi AVM,
    what i do is fold the rest part (other than pallu) and hang it on a hanger. slight crunches must be alright as you are goin to wear that anyway...! not only for cotton sarees, I do this for whichever sari I wear.
    I too had been awaiting tips here... but seems no new tips on this regard..bonk
    Regards,
    Reshmi