Tips on Good Writing –how to work your way up

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by vandanarajesh, Jan 15, 2010.

1. vandanarajesh

vandanarajesh Bronze IL'ite

Content is king online and thus, the huge demand for content writers. There are however, a huge number of content writers too and thus, it brings about the important question of what sets you apart from the rest. To have an edge over the competition it is important that you deliver quality original articles and also stick to the deadline. Some important points on good writing that I have learnt from my clients that I thought would be of help to you are listed below:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->Ø<!--[endif]-->Be precise: Maintaining focus is important. This is important from the beginning to the end. Put yourself in the shoes of a visitor. You definitely would not be interested in long articles that do not make any sense. A visitor’s interest can be retained only if you provide quality content and keep it to the point.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->Ø<!--[endif]-->Write in paragraphs: A huge article without any break would put off the reader at first look itself. Write in paragraphs giving breaks. Adding sub-headings would make it more interesting.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->Ø<!--[endif]-->Conversational style: Do not make it a third person account. Keep it interactive and maintain a conversational style. Keep the language simple and talk to your audience. Write keeping in mind the layman rather than filling the work with jargons and tough words that only look good in a dictionary.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->Ø<!--[endif]-->Informative: A reader is on the look out for information on the particular subject and you must ensure that you make it both informative and interesting. Fresh content rather than what every other site provides is what would attract the visitor to your site and bring them back again next time.

<!--[if !supportLists]-->Ø<!--[endif]-->Original content: While writing it is essential to ensure that what you provide is original content. Your reputation as a writer depends on it and thus, this is definitely no area for compromise. Be creative, innovative and know your target audience only then would you be able to cater to their needs perfectly.

Build up a portfolio it would go a long way in ensuring success in the days to come. In the initial days, you may be doing a lot of ghost writing and thus, would not have content published under your name. It is advisable to write articles of your own and post on ezines and other sites that allows users to post content. This would provide you exposure, more writing practice and also enable prospective employers to have an idea of your work. Begin small but think BIG, the key to success lies in your very hands.

My other posts:
    Work from home-is it possible?
    Work from home - my journey in the writing world
    Work from home - what is content writing?
    Top 5 sites to find work from home for content writers
    How much can you earn from content writing?
    Blogging -work from home and make money

2. shubaka

shubaka New IL'ite

Hi Friends help me pl

Hi friends,

Im subha, im here in chennai i have completed B.Com and B.Sc in fashion technology.Currently im in a F&A in a IT comp. But im seriously trying job in Singapore.All for a family concern.Im the eldest daughter so i have more responsibilities. Kindly help me if you come across any openings there. Bcoz im ready to occupy any kind of openings there. Actually recently i have joined indus, So after seeing everyone's posting i felt i can get some help.Kindly help me.:)

Awaiting for your replies.
    Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010