1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for Washing Machine

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by padmaiyangar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tips for Washing Machine[/FONT]​
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Semi-automatic top loading machines are good for use in such places that face electricity and water problems. In these machines manual intervention would be required . [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Automatic top loading also needs manual intervention. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Front loading doesn’t require manual intervention but are quite expensive. [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wash load is the amount of clothes (in kgs.) that the washing machine can handle at a time. Home-use washing machines in India have a capacity of 3 kgs to 10 kgs. The choice of a washing machine would be dependent on your washing needs. [/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auto Restart facility helps in case the wash process is interrupted due to power failure. This feature restarts the machine from the point the cycle wash interrupted.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Automatic Drainage is applied at the end of the wash and rinse cycles. This feature automatically drains out the water.[/FONT]​
    5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Child Lock prevents unauthorized opening to the lid while the machine is in operation.[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]washing machine maintaince[/FONT]​
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Place your machine nearest to a water connection, a three-point socket, and a proper drainage system.[/FONT]​
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t overload your machine. [/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clothes with metal buttons and zippers should be washed separately, light coloured clothes separately, and so on.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Using the right detergent in the right quantity is very important. You can use 10 litres of water and ½ a scoop of recommended detergent.[/FONT]​
    5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Woollen clothes should not be spin-dried as they lose their shape and become matted. [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To save energy [/FONT]
    Wash most clothes in warm or cold water, but take care to rinse in cold water.
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use hot water only if the machine specifications state that you can use it. [/FONT]​
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Switching the washer temperature setting from hot to warm, could reduce a load’s energy in half.[/FONT]​
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t use too much detergent. Follow the instructions on the box. Oversudsing makes your machine work harder and use more energy.[/FONT]​
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don’t mix chemicals. Combinations can be dangerous. Bleach, for instance, when mixed with rust inhibitor, releases poisonous gases.[/FONT]​

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="95%" border=0><TD vAlign=center width="84%" height=28>

2. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

Very Use full me

can you please Company Purchase for Washing Machin pl.send to me .
    Which powdre use for washing machine.

ketal

3. ramakrishna

ramakrishna New IL'ite

madam padma,

tips is very useful and i will tell my wife to use the tips

thanks

ramakrishna:yes:

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the great tips dear, I wasnt aware fo child lock facility in a WM!

5. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

thanks for the tips.:thumbsup

6. akhi20

akhi20 Senior IL'ite

useful tips....!!!

7. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Childlock facility is available on Automatic Washing Machines. Whirlpool is one such brand that has a child lock. I have Whirlpool fully automatic washing machine Top Load that has a child lock.

Child Lock usually is not available with semi-automatic machines.

8. mrsmanzoor

mrsmanzoor Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot...this helped me a lot:thumbsup

9. alvin34

alvin34 New IL'ite

Hello

These tips are really very useful. Thanks for sharing this informative information. I have got lot of information from this post.

Thanks
    Have a nice time ahead.

10. SumitraRavibabu

SumitraRavibabu Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Your info was very informative. As i am thinking of changing my WM, this came to my attn, really very happy. Pls also suggest a good brand WM and if top loading or front loading is best.

Regards,
    SumitraRavibabu

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009