1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for summer workut

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by RADIODOC679, Jun 9, 2014.

1. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

Hi all!
    I want tips from all of you for summer workout.I was walking & swimming till march end .Summer i couldnt do anything because of the heat-Also my body gets heated up in summer so practically no workouts-our pool is like kumbh mela in summer-so avoid it.ANy tips on summer workout-want to get back in shape-hate these summers!!!

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

One thing that reduces the inclination to do workouts in summer is 'heat exhaustion'.

One gets tired simply without any reason, in a temperature more than 44* Centigrade, unless you pass your entire day in an air conditioned room.

One way, is to do workouts in early morning or in late evening , after the Sun goes. A bath with cold water, before the workouts , is something I do, to lessen the tiredness.

It works for me.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try a group class in a gym. I run on an indoor climate controlled track or attend a one hour class in summer.
    Also, the temps here are soaring and very soon it will be 90 plus degrees day and night. I'm training for a race in the peak summer heat where the expected temp is 100+F. Our coach has asked us to acclimatise soon. That means running outside in the highest heat of the day and getting ready for the race. It's a short distance race but we are still exhausted training outside. Me and my friend are drinking tons of water and electrolytes to keep getting dehydrated. The first 2/3weeks you'll feel the exhaustion but once you get used to it, you should be ok. Just keep yourself well hydrated, wear a sunscreen and head out as early or as late as possible.

Hth,
    L