1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

tips for selecting curtains for the living room

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by akhilanvith, Jun 19, 2009.

1. akhilanvith

akhilanvith New IL'ite

hi
    i seek some suggestions regarding curtain selection for my living room.
    my living room is painted in some what pale yellow colour with some areas highlighted in white.my furniture is in coffee colour.so my idea is to go with 2 colour combinations for the curtains,preferably one lighter and another a darker shade.one of the two must be a 'lace' kind of material.so some body please suggest which colours would best suite for my hall.i would be thankful for ur suggestion because i am confused abt what colors to select.
    thanks
    bye
    :confused2:

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi akhila,
    i think white lace ones and brown curtains(do not buy very thick ones that are difficult to wash and maintain) in a double rod would be a good idea..not that i am an interior decorator or something but am very fond of home decor:)

3. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    If you want very dramatic look you can try bold red color for curtains and bring that red in some accessories like Pillows in sofas, vases in side tables, some art pictures with some red colors....Tell me what color curtain did you choose for your living room?

4. akhilanvith

akhilanvith New IL'ite

hi mindi
    thanks a lot for your suggestion.as my furniture is brown in colour,so i think going with brown and white lace curtains on a double rod is a better idea.
    thank u
    bye

5. akhilanvith

akhilanvith New IL'ite

Hi viji
    thank u for your idea.But i am thinking to use some light color instead of red for pillows on the sofas etc.,because my furniture is dark brown.I am thinking to go with dark brown and white lace or off-white lace on a double rod.
    Thank you
    vijaya

6. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Good tips. I think simple curtains are good and easy to maintain...