1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips For Looking Your Best in an Indian Saree: I want every Woman to give one Tip..Pl

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Parimalat, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Parimalat

Parimalat New IL'ite

I want every Woman to give one Tip..Please

2. Parimalat

Parimalat New IL'ite

My Tip:
    For Thin women: For a fuller look, we recommend you to wear Organza Tissue and Cotton sarees. Even south silk sarees look great on you.

3. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Whenever you wear saree take enough time and wear it perfectly....Take care to put the pleats of saree perfectly...

4. suji

suji Junior IL'ite

The cotton and silk sarees require a lot of attention while wearing. This needs another person's help. After arranging the pleats of the saree in the front, it should be held together firm at the end in, while you do a 360 degree turn in the opposite direction and then back and then pin it up. This ensures that the pleats look perfect and in place

5. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

There are 3 rules for looking your best in a saree:
    1) well fitting blouse: The charm of a beautiful saree is completely lost by an illfitting blouse. A blouse that is fit to size, back long enough to the mid waist, with a deeper neck line. Most of the times we see blouses that have short back and short neckline, exposing a lot of waist line (not good :(( )

2) Wear a saree that suits your complexion and body shape.

3) coordinating accessories

6. malinijamaica

malinijamaica Senior IL'ite

For fatter women: Try not to wear it right on the belly, a little lower on the belly, will make it look elegant....Wear light coloured, bright synthetic sarees with embroidery work.
    Distibute the width of saree in small widths of pleats even at pallu.

7. lovetubb39

lovetubb39 New IL'ite

I think you should wear a flowing saree like chiffon etc which will help u carry of better ....but make sure u pin it up at the blouse part..nowadays u have different ways of wearing pallu ...may b if u watch "Bidaai" on star plus...u'll know the style hhow ragini(character) wears it....neatly and stylishly pinned up......u can even see starplus website for more info.....

A saree should be worn in such a way neatly pinned up and tucked properly along with a high-medium heels will make u more confident and u'll b able to handle and carry urself better ... and eventually receive compliments!!!

All d best!

8. oasis

oasis New IL'ite

HI FRNDS,
    i am short ,dark and normal weight wat kind of saree suits me plz reply

9. Pragmatic

Pragmatic New IL'ite

My tip :
    Most of the woman look beautiful in designer blouse with a plain silk/satan/chiffon sari. Plain sari with embroided/printed blouse and matching accessories makes a great combo!

Cheers
    Pragmatic

10. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Good tips. I would suggest wearing heels with saree when ur going out as it makes u look taller :)