1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for keeping u'r hands beautiful :-)

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by limkabook, Jul 2, 2009.

1. limkabook

limkabook Bronze IL'ite

Minimize hand washing. Water dehydrates your hands. Wash when needed — but consider using household gloves for situations such as dish washing, household projects, etc. — so you don’t have to wash your hands so many times per day.

Minimize use of dehydrating soaps/bacterial gels. I realize we live in a germy world, but these gels seriously dry out the skin, causing irritation and ultimately skin aging. Hand Perfection Moisturizing Cleanser is a gentle, sulfate-free, coconut-based cleanser — so it actually keeps your hands hydrated while cleansing.

Moisturize your hands every single time you wash them. After washing your hands (minimally), gently pat them dry and apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp to lock in moisture. And do this periodically throughout the day. (Must to remember to do it. It's kind of like putting on lip gloss!)

Keep your hands protected from the sun. Always use sunscreen when going outside and get extra protection by wearing my Hand Perfection Glovettes — which are great to use while driving, playing golf, tennis — and make a bit of a fashion statement to boot!

Apply oil to cuticles each night and gently push them back, while soft and supple, in the shower. I do this with a washcloth each day — and it helps discourage the need to cut them, which is never a good idea, except for the occasional errant piece of skin.

Apply a rich moisturizer at night. Capitalize on circadian rhythms to give your hands an overnight boost while they are not in use!

Exfoliate once a week. Hand Perfection Night Solution will accomplish this, or you can use an organic sugar and olive oil scrub once a week.

Take off polish after seven days. Give your nails a few days to revive and be bare.

Strive to have hands/nails that look good naked! That provides the most options for wearing polish or not.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nice tips...

Thanks.

3. sriatmn

sriatmn New IL'ite

Good one...

I will try to apply some moisturizer at night..

Thanks!
    Sri:)

Keep Smiling:)

4. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Thanx for the tips will try and follow them, especially moiturisng them at night

5. Victoria77

Victoria77 New IL'ite

Hi,

You can apply petroleum jelly (vaseline/Johnsons) on your hands and put on cotton gloves before going to bed. this will make your hands silky smooth.

Cheers
    :thumbsup

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

7. behappyalways

behappyalways Silver IL'ite

Hi

Nice tips, I will start moosturing hands in the nights :thumbsup

Thanks
    BHA