1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for beautiful hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by harithasasi, Dec 27, 2006.

1. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Thanks for ur reply . I will definitely try but is it sufficient to use this or I shd use shampoo sometimes.Also IF I use curd to wash her hair shd we use shampoo after that?

Presently I am using mustard oil for her hair.Is it fine or plz suggest me some gud oil also.We shd use warm oil always I mean in summer also or only in winters.Now summer is abt to start.

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sonia,

Coconut oil seems to be the best for our climate. In winter when the oil solidifies you can change it. Till then you can use coconut oil. Mustard oil you can use in the winter.
    Hibiscus leaves are enough. No shampoo is needed. About curds, I don't know Sonia, I have not tried.
    Once in a while you can use baby shampoo for her hairs, if you feel it is getting dirty or greasy.
    All the best
    Latha :wave

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all IL's,

My daughter is losing hair very badly. she used to have thick,very long hair.now the lengthwise it is longer but thickness is reducing drastically. i started noticing the fall 2 months back. thought maybe some changes (she is 11+) but 2 days back saw her scratching. so on close obv. found she is having dandruff. i had stopped giving her massage (olive+castor+almond) because it was winter.

regular oil is home made with all the roots,hibicus,rose,methi, neem,curry patha soaked.
    shampoo, nyle herbal.

any remedies in herbal. one of my friend's suggested nizoral. but do not want to try chemicals. The problem is she is upset that she is losing her hair and also because of dandruff. almost all her classmates have dandruff.:icon_frown:

4. vaidegi

vaidegi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

i saw the threads about hair falling.i also had a same problem few months before.i started having three liters of water everyday and taking oil bath by coconut oil on tuesdays and gingely oil on fridays by massaging for half an hour before bath.
    My hair is growing and became black too.
    Massaging with oil before bath will help the hair from colour changing.
    Garnier fructuis shampoo suits me well.

regards,
    vaidegi.

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Vaidegi,

Yes . what you said is right. I have also the same experiance but I don't change oil. I always use Kesavardhini hair oil mixed in coconut oil. Always massage oil in to the scalp and hair half an hour atleast before bath.
    Love
    Latha :wave

6. Karthiga

Karthiga Bronze IL'ite

To get rid of dandruff

Hello shanvy,
    I could give a good tip to get rid of dandruff . Take 2 tsps of white pepper corns and grind them to a coarse powder(fresh ground is effective than already powdered). Add this with fresh thick coconut milk. Apply this mixture on ur scalp, especially on the roots and massage gently. Leave it for 1 hr and wash with a mild shampoo or shikakai.
    You can do this for twice a month. I did this regularly and there is no dandruff in my head.Also i have a shiny long hair, so u could trust me.(ha ha). Wash hair twice a week if u have more dandruff. Try this and msg me the result if possible.

regards
    karthiga.:wave

7. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

doubt

hi karthiga

is this white pepper corns called val milagu in tamil..

lov
    sowmini

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I use castor oil every time when I wash my hairs.
    But I have thyroid problem and loosing lot of hairs.
    Any remedy for this???
    Thanks,
    Punitha

9. RAKHIKapil

RAKHIKapil New IL'ite

hi friends
    its used tip by me before washing ur hairs apply honey on ur scalp gently just like u put oil with little water in it to dilute it and then wash ur hair with any amla powder u can easily get it. u will find ur hairs v soft and silky.
    It may do wonders depending i it suits u;
    :wave

10. shambhavi

shambhavi New IL'ite

Hi all,

It depends on their body condition, but still never bath your hair without applying any oil & after applying oil, you should at least wait for 3hrs & bath by using shikakai. Very healthy incredent(Haralenne). You will get good sleep & if your suffering from overheat, this is the solution for cooling your body condition.
    Try this & reply me. I will be waiting.:yes:

Bye,
    Shamu:wave