1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for beautiful hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by harithasasi, Dec 27, 2006.

1. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

hair dandruff

Hi Hari,

Try this.It was useful for me at times when I was having dandruff.

Mix lemon juice wd coconut oil and apply to hair and skalp.Keep for 1-2 hours and wash.

2. harithasasi

harithasasi New IL'ite

reduce dandruff

Hi Hari,

As Sonia said lemon juice works well for dandruff .First try that.But if u still have dandruff, try medicated shampoo.

Any medicated shampoo containing "Ketoconozol" works well.In India it comes by the name K-Z shampoo.In US,its Nizoral.

But you need to use this shampoo regularly(atleast once a week) untill you get rid of dandruff.

Haritha.

3. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Iam having short hair from childhood they are never more or never less but the problem is they are becoming dry and lifeless .I apply oil once in a week .Can someboby suggest me how to make my hair look healthy and shining .

Thanks in Advance,
    mitra

4. vapss

vapss New IL'ite

This is especially for ladies working in BPO's & Call centres(Late night shifts)...

Many working in late night shifts have more hair fall than normal ones.. I have experienced this during my initial days at work.. but now the hair fall have reduced.. try this out...

1. You usually get a dry mooligai packets (amla,hibiscus,rose..etc etc) in any food stores or bazaar.. This packet is usually prepared to be mixed with sheekakai powder.... but... but.. but... wait !!

2. In our case.. Take the mooligai packet alone & grind it into powder.. If possible add extra amla, vetti ver to the mix & grind well...

3. Mix a little mooligai powder, mehandi powder, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1-egg white, curd.. mix it well & make a paste...

4.Do a hot oil massage & apply th epack only on the root & leave it for 3hrs..

5.Take a shampoo bath.. your hair should smell really good & you would feel that its helathy..

Note : Its important that before applying any pack on hair, do a hot oil massage.. So that the root open well & it absorbs the essence of the pack well. this should give a good result.

Regards
    Shanthi

5. vapss

vapss New IL'ite

This is especially for ladies working in BPO's & Call centres(Late night shifts)...

Many working in late night shifts have more hair fall than normal ones.. I have experienced this during my initial days at work.. but now the hair fall have reduced.. try this out...

1. You usually get a dry mooligai packets (amla,hibiscus,rose..etc etc) in any food stores or bazaar.. This packet is usually prepared to be mixed with sheekakai powder.... but... but.. but... wait !!

2. In our case.. Take the mooligai packet alone & grind it into powder.. If possible add extra amla, vetti ver to the mix & grind well...

3. Mix a little mooligai powder, mehandi powder, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1-egg white, curd.. mix it well & make a paste...

4.Do a hot oil massage & apply th epack only on the root & leave it for 3hrs..

5.Take a shampoo bath.. your hair should smell really good & you would feel that its helathy..

Note : Its important that before applying any pack on hair, do a hot oil massage.. So that the root open well & it absorbs the essence of the pack well. this should give a good result.

Regards
    Shanthi

6. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

tips for beautiful hair for kids

my hello to all ilities,

Here is my an other question.Plz give ur valuable suggestions...........

My daughter is 4+.I want to know wat I shd use for her hair sothat she can have gud beautiful long and heavy hair.I want to start taking extra care for her frm now itself.As kids will not allow to keep shikakai or any other pack for long time.So wat we shd use?? Sometimes I wash her hair wd curd. Is it gud or not? Or suggest me anyother thing which we can use for kids.If we keep pack for less time is it fine?

waiting for ur responses ladies..........

7. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

How To Get Rid Of Dandruff

Dear Friends,

If we get rid off the dandruff that helps to prevention of losing our hair.

Here is a simple tip for it...
    Cure for dandruff:

* Vinegar is poured into the hair, massaged into the scalp, and left to dry for a few minutes.
    * Then the hair is washed.
    * The process is repeated daily until the dandruff disappears, usually within a few days.

Homemade Hair Spray

Chop one lemon (or an orange for dry hair). Place in a pot with 2 cups water. Boil until half of the initial amount remains. Cool, strain, and place in a spray bottle. Store in the refrigerator.
    If it is too sticky, add more water. Add one ounce rubbing alcohol as a preservative and then the spray can be stored for up to two weeks unrefrigerated.

8. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear All,

Here r some tip for healthy , beautiful hair....

1. Apply olive oil (or Musturd Oil) at bed time and wash off the hair next morning.

2. Boil mustard oil. A regular massage of this oil is helpful.

3. Always maintain a balanced diet with exercise for healthy hair. Drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of raw fruits and vegetables is probably the best way to achieving healthy hair.

4. Wash your hair with a paste of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week.

5. Trim the hair every 4 to 5 weeks even if you are growing it.

6. Coconut oil mixed with lime- juice on the hair applied daily is also good for hair health .

7. Don't use any old rubber band as they tend to break or split hair. Instead just use a scrunchy or a fabric coated elastic band.

8. Don't brush wet hair too harshly because its three times weaker and more likely to break off mid strand. Towel dry hair first, then gently detangle using a wide toothed comb.

9. Rinsing your hair with lemon juice can bring life and shine back to dull hair.

10. If you have dandruff then apply a mixture of vinegar and water on the scalp before you go to bed. Keep it overnight. Rinse your head with vinegar water again in the morning. You will see the result within few weeks.

11. Another good way to get rid of dandruff is to soak ground fenugreek seeds overnight in water and massage the paste on the head, leaving it for a few minutes and then wash it.

12. Mix Banana in Honey and apply on hair for 30 - 40 min, and then wash it for that sheen in your hair.

13. For stopping your hair from getting grey, you can mix Bhringraj (Eclipta elba), Amala, corals, iron and black sesame seeds. It is very useful and even stops the graying of hair.

14. Another good way is to keep head of healthy hair is to Apply juice of green coriander leaves on the head.

15. Massage of olive oil and almond oil on your scalp is a good cure of dandruff.

16. Mash eight strawberries with one tablespoon mayonnaise. Massage into washed, damp hair. Cover with a shower cap, then a warm towel. Wash out with a shampoo/conditioner combination. This luscious mix of rich acidic berries will leave your hair both conditioned and with rich gloss.

Kindly note that Diet and lifestyle are two leading factors that affects the health of your hair. There are some foods that you could avoid like too many sweets, chocolates, cakes and cookies. Always remember Whatever goes into your body is reflective on the outside including your hair & skin. Poor diet, illness and deficiencies of any particular vitamin and mineral affects the quality of hair and problems like dandruff, thinning hair, balding, premature graying etc. spoil the hair.

9. songbyrd517

songbyrd517 New IL'ite

Pure African Shea Butter mixed with castor, jojoba, and coconut oil makes a great moisturizing conditioner - especially for very dry hair. You can use it as a warm oil treatment, before shampooing, overnight, or for daily grooming.

Hope this helps :wave

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sonia,

Sorry for not replying your post earlier. For your child's hair you can use hibiscus leaves as a shampoo.
    Just crush the fresh leaves with your finger in a small bowl of water. The water will turn greenish. Strain the leaves if your daughter does not like it. Or you can use it just like that on your daughters hair. The dirt will vanish with it , she'll get a healthy, shiny black colour to her hair. We used to do that when we were kids. For my daughter too but she stopped it soon. You can try it if you like. Give her warm oil massage every sunday. Make it a point to comb her hair with your fingers and give her a scalp massage.

Latha :wave