1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Timetable to feed 1.6 yr old baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ssubhasr, Dec 23, 2009.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Though its a very old topic....am new to this....

Sahana is 1 yr and 6 months old baby. So far the timetable for her is as follows :

Break Fast

I brought some Kanji powder (its a mix of boiled rice, pottukadalai, jeera & badaam) from India for my baby's breakfast. I use to mix 3 table spoons with water, salt and boil the same & finally add ghee. She likes this very much.

But its been 2 months since we came to US and the kanji powder is going to completer...will come only for another couple of days. After that What shall i give her for breakfast ? I dont know about the American break fast items which we can give to a 1.6 yr old baby. We are pure vegeterian. Pl suggest some break fast for my baby. I have also tried dosa & idly which she will take only for couple of days. Pl suggest some healthy break fast for her.

Lunch :

Dhal Rice with potato / carrot

Evening Snaks

Mixed fruit / vanilla flavoured yougurt with banana

Dinner :

We use to eat chappathis, and she also want to eat on her own like us. so she will be taking chapathis.

Is the above timetable sounds good ?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Subha; Your diet seems fine to me
    My TT for my LO is
    BF: Around 8.30. Cereals/ Cerelac with 2 tbsp badam pwdr.
    mid morn snacks: will be what our breakfast is and also one banana
    LUNCH : Dhal, rice, spinach carrot, beans,and paneer pressure cooked with a dollop of ghee. Same for dinner. Poor girl:)
    Snacks: Tiger biscuts dipped in milk/yogurt and some fruits either grapes; orange slice or banana.

-Nitha

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hi Subha,

My son is 18 months old...this is our daily menu(mostly)

8 AM - organic whole milk with dates syrup

Breakfast at around 9 -9.30 - oats cereal with gerber veg/fruit puree( my son still doesn't take fruits as it is so sticking on to gerber)

mid morning snack - marie or parle-G biscuits..he is getting bored with this..can anyone post recipe for healthy home made cereal bars/granola bars?

Lunch(1-1.30) - rice with dhall and veggies(potato,carrot or beetroot)

evng (4.30) - raagi porridge/rice porridge with milk and banana

dinner(8 pm) - whatever we eat for dinner... like rasam rice/upma/dosa/pasta

bedtime milk around 10 pm

subha, you can easily make that kanji powder that you are giving to your daughter now....just dry roast par boiled rice,moong dhall,pottu kadalai,badam and jeera...allow it to cool and powder it finely in mixie..this is how i do it....also try oats upma with veggies/oats porridge for breakfast...they need variety:) i use quakers quick cooking oats to prepare oatmeal for my son.cook it with milk and mix with some fruit puree....

pavi

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Pavi;
    Nice that ur Lo is having milk. I am having a hard time as she refuses milk
    . even I am not able to wean her because of this reason:(
    -nitha

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much Nitha & Pavi :) will try it....