1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Timeless!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, May 20, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Its always been the same, but to us, it never appears that way. There are days when we feel that, "God! Does it have wings or what? Before I even realized, it already flew so fast!" and other occasions where we feel that we are trapped in to something thats as slow moving as an art movie. I still remember seeing one of those where a person starts to work, looks at his cycle and takes is s l o w l y [read it at one letter per minute], rolls it out of the gate and finally sits upon it and rides it. No wonder I had a lesser preference to such movies.

But then life is a mixture of both of these contrasting times I feel. And to a large extent, its up to us to decide how we want it to be. There are people who value it so much and keep running till the very end only to sleep for a prolonged period when nobody cares about them anymore. I don't devalue such people, but it always makes me wonder, what makes people to decide which is important. Again, I am not advocating for people who are lazy [like me!] too. At some point of time, when we look back at our lives, we may get a lot of things and definitely, the times when we missed or failed to do something.

Some of us rue for a prolonged period, making each and every breathing second a pain, and somehow get over whatever we had been into. And at that point where we are completely out of it, we find that we could have handled it better. Be it an illness to self or the absence of a dear one, we always tend to take a same path, like being punched in the chest, suffocating and deflating ourselves completely and coming out of it slowly over a period of time. But I always wonder about this: Why don't we spend sometime living through the occasions that we enjoy the most rather than doing the opposite?

Also, what is the point in not spending time to enjoy or be happier? As a child or as a parent / grandparent of a child, we do get such golden occasions. Aren't we? In the pressure to learn things and apply ourselves faster, the first casuality is our joy, I feel. Very few lucky ones retain such a mindset or go back to where they have started from. If you are an observer, you might have found that your life itself is one big Ludo game.

Or is it just a zigzag puzzle within a limited timeframe leading to what we least expect?

Neither of those times are
    Known to you before-hand.
    Its between them that you care
    And try to formulate a plan.

Joyous moments just come and go
    As a dream thats hard to remember.
    Terrible times always move slow,
    Making you pay for the blunder

Of yours or others' so severely
    That you tend to lose your hope.
    Somehow you overcome the difficulty
    And then try climbing the slope

To get to where you've been,
    But as a lot better individual.
    The more you've been and seen
    Prepares you better for your survival.

8 people like this.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

A pleasurable read rgs. Loved reading it.

As always, felt good reading your flow of thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

That was too quick Pallavi. Thanks for your quick feedback and appreciation. -rgs

4. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear RG,

According to Bhagavad Gita, This beautiful world is for us to be able to enjoy it.
    The key is harmony and moderation while dealing with any positive or negative situation. It is easy to be said than done of course.however continuous introspection could lead us to the path where we could handle everything smoothly despite they would be interesting or stressful.

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

Thats right Bhavna. And in fact, thats another time freezing moment too, where we realize something [though only a little] that has always been here all along. Thanks for a lovely feedback. -rgs

6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

What a wonderful piece, RGS - Yes, I completely agree with you. When I was much younger, I had a childhood that was non-conventional and at that time I always felt "God, how I wish for just a normal life!" But today when I look back I feel like I was so blessed! I felt that I was so ignorant and did not respect what I had and now it feels like that distant entity which even if I want so badly I cannot want. If there is one lesson that time teaches us is that it waits for none and it is up to us to make the best of it.

Time is such a big teacher! Thank you for reminding us of that!

1 person likes this.
  7. rgsrinivasan

I feel so elated to receive such a nice feedback from you Arch1209. And even more happier to see that its nominated too. A big thanks to you. And yes, at times, I have this feeling that my thoughts resonate with the others' on a rare occasion. Your feedback made me feel so. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

What a wonderful snippet from you. :) In simple terms, you have explained why it is necessary to live in the present moment. Mostly it is our mind that differentiates our experiences as pleasure and pain. When we feel the pleasure, the time flies and when we feel the pain, the time moves very slowly.

Everyday, we are gifted with 86,400 seconds when we wake up. We have to be determined to use it in the best possible manner to learn as much as possible. It is like a sports and we need to play it to experience it. In the process, we may make some mistakes and do some nice things. But the process we follow is important than the end results. What is valuable is the lesson we learn and not the result.

the present moment is invaluable. If we really want to make our future successful, we need to make the best use of the present moment. Even if we evaluate the past, it is to gain experience and not to worry about it. The present moment is a gift and that is why it is called, "present".

Viswa

2 people like this.
  9. rgsrinivasan

Earlier, I used to keep a big placard near my desk that was completely blue in colour with a small caption in the right extreme, "Here And Now!". I used it to reduce my distraction whenever I brood over something too much. Your feedback is again making me to reminisce that Viswa. Thanks a lot for a nice feedback [this itself is a present!]. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I love that placard idea "Here and Now!"

1 person likes this.