1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time travel into future.You are a MIL tooo...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jmsd, Aug 24, 2012.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

:notthatway: Dearest Husband had to bear a loooong, I mean really looong :rant :rant :rant yesterday night, and the poor guy was :hide: for a loong time. Finally the chap comes to me in the kitchen and says "Ok. So here's the deal. Whatever I say that hurts you, let 24 hours pass and ask me about it and I'll be ashamed I said that. So I'm sorry! I speak a lot of things when I'm frustrated so dont misunderstand me when I'm on a :rant. I dont mean most of it." And we had a long discussion on things he says and for most of the things, he had a bowing head when I said. He said he was genuinely sorry for letting out all the frustrations on me, but he doesnt have anyone else to go to. I have told him that I'm not going to pay attention to any of the things he mentions when he is frustrated and he cant complain later, to which he agreed!! So we have a deal now!!

And for making up for his mistake, the sleeping beauty took me for a late night movie! So I'm forgiving this act of his :)

5 people like this.
  2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Back off mommybird. I warn ya.

Cougar :rotfl courtney cox fan are we? ;-) Sometimes I watch too :)

Missed you son once. So your dd doll always welcome.

Mega no sharing business. I will send the papers right away. Sign the deal ASAP.

Already mommybird broke my heart by promising her son to some one else grrrrr. Now again she is doing such things.... Mommybird. :rant. :)

Best of luck to the little einstein to enter the ivy league schools. :thumbsup

3 people like this.
  3. mommybird

mommybird Gold IL'ite

Edoc, don't you worry. She has 2 Sons. You take the elder one for your DD and I take the younger one for mine.

No. Not a courtney cox fan. The term Cougar is used for a women attracted to younger men. So, if you plan to have a Son now and have one in the next 1-2 yrs, my DD will obviously be elder to your Son. So I meant Cougar in that sense.

1 person likes this.
  4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Madam I knew that. But being a sitcom addict, I was reminded of that. ;-)

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ok my son has all the symptoms of being a sweet husband, who would not mind cooking, washing or carrying the handbag.. so megalife, looks like my son will be snatched once he comes on to the matrimony arena, on top of it has parents who already have decided to give a lump of jewellery and everything nice to the dil..

my daughter has a mind of her own, and will give any mil a run for her money and her son..(read that as determined, never say die attitude..)

i don't need to go too far, i see myself as a mil just around the bend...

P.S. some body keep me informed of men forum, need to be prepared for son in laws grumble and fumbles...

3 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

And one thing that i forgot to mention in the earlier post, everything nice is not about material things..

Dh and me have decided and have started asking our close friends, about old age retirement community and are looking at booking one for lease, reason, i am not too healthy, and i fall sick frequently and cannot expect my dil and son to be forced to look after me because he has too according to the tradition. i want them to enjoy their life and not be bound by the so-called responsibilities of the son or the daughter.

And we are looking at ourselves as two aged people with health and physical restrictions not wanting to be a burden on the kids rather than as moving away from being parents or parent in laws..

if each of us knows our limits, boundaries and learns to work around those, things should look better..

but the niggling feel is my kids may complain that we are not involving in their lives like they want..

you can never satisfy in this relationships..you are always in a dilemma like the man,son and the donkey...:hide: I hope we learn to face the music better as teams..the parents, and the kids...

2 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mommybird,

here i thought i mega had a teenage son and a tween daughter and not two sons... mega please clarify.........

8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

That's great! Technically she is not a cougar!

A cougar is older (35+... 40s) who is on the hunt/prowl for younger men (read 20s...). There are even TV shows lately about this kinda thing. The word is obviously catching on ...

9. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

We have a single child , DD but even when I was pregnant...me and DH used to think over based on our own experiences and he always used to say..even if its a boy, we'll try that he lives in a separate house may be just the next block...so as we have a comfortable retired life and they have their privacy. They would be most welcome to leave their child with us if they plan an outing or something..we can meet once daily during evening tea or at weekends but nothing mandatory. They should be free to plan their days and being alone we can plan ours... Now that we are blessed with DD, all those daily matters themselves won't arise and none of us is an interfering person so as to ask her each and every thing and expect her to take advice for every matter.
    But I personally do keep saying that wherever DD gets married and settled, in case its not transeferable, we too would shift somewhere nearby if the cities happen to be different. I wish to be close whenever she needs help of any kind. I feel if we'll be far, she won't even share her needs and all with us but being close she would and we can extend help.Rest depends on what kind of house she goes to :) I feel having a son or a daughter, being a MIL in both cases carries its own sets of concerns.

1 person likes this.
  10. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Incase we promise to be good MILs, we need to have a reminder set for us as things change. Now we are young but once the girl comes into our lives who knows how we will behave. My MIL used to give advice to her mother when her brother married but forgot all about it when she became a MIL. infact everybody says she has an uncanny resemblance to her mother's behaviour as a MIL