1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time travel into future.You are a MIL tooo...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jmsd, Aug 24, 2012.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

I dont have kids yet, but dont you dare suggest that I, mere "I" can be the one to take decision on how to go about a new DIL in the home huh! My son (if there is) will definitely have his GRANDMA and my DIL will have her GRAND-MIL to decide things for them.. For, I am no one to decide, the "simpleton" that I am..! I have already been marked "too innocent to decide anything" (read: WE DECIDE) in the home...

You made me sad, buddy! :bonk you for that..

For your future reference:
    1. MIL decides everything
    2. Tells FIL
    3. FIL tells us
    4. MIL tells FIL decided
    5. If DH wishes something, can consult MIL
    6. See point 1 to 4
    7. I'm too "simple". I cant decide.

Uff.... I hate this..

4 people like this.
  2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Innocent is what they call us. But dumb is what they think about us..... We have to learn polictical correctness from them. We are too innocent to believe them like this ... :hide:

3. smritisinha

M super pissed today. Was having a discussion with DH about the way things are changing around us and the relationship dynamics.. Stupid me said "we will have to accept certain things with our kids, when they grow up. We should not judge them by the way things are today.. We will have to broaden our acceptance limits. May be they would want to choose a life partner of their own, may be that would not be accepted by our elders, but if the kids are right, we will have to stand for them" And I got a long :rant from DH on how he wants his parents to be happy forever and till the day they are alive, things will always be done as per their wishes. He said something like "your and your family's thinking is a RISK to my family" That selfish dumbo.. He will make even his kids suffer if it is for his parents happiness. I have decided, the day my kids turn 18, I am going to renounce everything. Not literally, but in my mind. I'll take up things I like reading, photographing, traveling, while the dad can meet with the grandparents and carve out the lives of the children. I am NOT going to get myself in any worries therefrom..

NOTE - I'm super pissed right now and this ranting can change its course without prior notice.

3 people like this.
  4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Smriti,

The day you dh holds a dd in his hands, the pricess bee will take over. :)

3 people like this.
  5. smritisinha

How I wish all this can turn true. Currently, I am not at all prepared to have kids. If I have a son, forget that I am going to have any right teaching him anything. He would be the property of my PIL (can you believe I am not even expecting yet, but whenever this discussion comes up, they have the guts to say that my grand son (yes, not even grand child, they want a boy ONLY) will belong to me and we decide). And if I have a daughter, they will make her learn cooking cleaning washing since God-only-knows what age...

Damn it. I can break someone's head today. Why do husbands need to be so difficult. I so hate him right now for making me feel like an invalid.

3 people like this.
  6. smritisinha

And OP, talking of time travel, can you please make me travel to my single days. I will shriek at the top of my voice like a banshee blasting my lungs that I AINT GETTING MARRIED.

1 person likes this.
  7. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

The day they have a dd, most men start turning into feminists. At least mine did. Don't worry about your son too. He will be like his dad.... A momma's boy. ;-)

6 people like this.
  8. smritisinha

Ya.. Lets wait.. Why break someone's precious little head for no reason! I can always break one if the unacceptable happens. I'm sure there will be a lot of useless ones when I want to break one..!!

2 people like this.
  9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Yeah right! How many of you felt comfy with the girl teacher picked for your son's valentine dance during preschool?

3 people like this.
  10. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

haha...nice topic....

i already gave this a lot of thought. i am a fitness freak, control freak and clealiness freak. Inshort its tough for anybody else to bear me other than my husband ...:rotfl........... Oh yes...i am extremely possessive of my son too. so i am sure to be one typical cuning, cruel MIL :twisted: and torcher my poor DIL to the hilt :bonk

so i have decided to take a pension plan for myself, enroll myself into an old-age home (incase i outlive my DH), have a latest phone where i can read loads and loads of books and romantic novels :yes: .... go to my own friends circle parties :partyand greet my son and DIL with a hi and bye during festivals and occasions. (MY DH told me this is the second best decision that i ever took in my life ... the first being marrying him :p)

Inshort i want to be a cool granny for my DGC (darling grandchild) :cool2:

7 people like this.