1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Take Leave! Good-bye Till We Meet Again! Varalotti In The US – Final Episode!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 13, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Time To Take Leave! Good-bye Till We Meet Again! Varalotti In The US – Final Epis

Dear Sujatha,
    Yes, Sujatha. Time flew. It is just like yesterday when I touched the American soil for the first time in my life. 50 days have flown just like that. One of the most memorable period of my life.
    Sharing my learning experiences with people like you resulted in reinforcing my learning and at times even added a few more lessons on the side.
    Yes, Godwilling, I am planning a book on my US experiences. Let's see how it shapes up.
    Thanks for being with me all through.
    Take care.
    regards,

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: Time To Take Leave! Good-bye Till We Meet Again! Varalotti In The US – Final Epis

Hi Sridhar - the time to say goodbye is here already?? Time did fly by. I am yet to respond to your previous thread which I will. I am pretty sure that this was a memorable trip. Now you get to do some sightseeing I presume. Enjoy the fall season the east coast - it is beautiful. Till next time..:wave

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sir, for visiting US for a busines trip and let us learn or get new ideas from what we are already seeing or experiencing here daily. I like the eg. of the trolley and also the old machine in the yard.
    Have a nice trip to the east coast and to India.
    Waiting to read your articles and experiences, only after your jet-lag is over.

Sriniketan

4. varalotti

Dear Shobana,
    Thanks for being with me almost througout the trip. I know how busy you are. Take your time to respond to these threads. I not only shared my learning but also learnt from people like you who have been here for sometime.
    I am leaving Seattle tomorrow morning. My next halt is at Atlanta and after a few days there I will be in NY till 28th October.
    My flight to Chennai via London is on 28th evening.

Godwilling, I propose to start another serial on the lines of SHE. Let's see how it shapes up.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Thanks Sriniketan. As I have been telling repeatedly the learning in this serial has been mutual. Happy that you like the trolleys and the old machines. Those are learning which would last a life time or at times, even more.
    Thanks for your kind wishes.
    What will be my next venture? probably a serial HE? Let's see.
    thanks once again.
    regards,

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar!
    How nice to know that you will be back in India soon! The net has made distances insignificant. I have not been able to read all your posts due to my own preoccupations. This post of yours caught my eyes and I was glad to see your return!
    Fifty is not the age you think of your epitaph. But I can’t help thinking of one that would sit nicely on my final resting place.
    “All his life, this man just wanted to love and to learn. To love to learn and to learn to love.”
    Those were a really touching lines! And also your words-
    I have loved a lot. But it simply is not enough for me. I have loved and have been brutally betrayed. I have been hurt. I have cried. I have shouted in disbelief when I was let down by those I loved.

All these have not dampened my desire to love more and love better. Even the lonely hours spent in writing is only an expression of love.

Not that I have not hurt others. But I have never done that intentionally. The moment I realise that it is my love that hurts the other person, I book my losses and move away, not wanting to hurt the person any longer. I had to do that very recently with a very heavy heart.
    Your heart has spoken! We all go through such phases in life but when we learn from our bitter experiences and improve as a human being, our mission in this world would have been partly achieved! After all Love permeates the whole universe!
    Hope to read your 'He' episode as soon as you start it! Welcome back to India!
    Regards

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  7. varalotti

Hello Malathi,
    Thanks for the nice post.
    Happy to note that you liked those lines. Believe me, I did not intend to write so intimately, so personally. But as I started to write the lines appeared on the system almost on their own.
    I am in Atlanta now. Will be here for another two days. Then going to New York for a five day visit before emplaning to India.
    I have already started to think of HE. I have the basic plot ready. Need to develop on that. Let's see how it shapes up.
    Happy to see your post after a long time.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    Surprised?I loved your epitah"to learn to loveand to love to learn" very much.I have interesting news for you too. I have started working for the past three months.
    Welcome back!
    regards,
    meenu

9. varalotti

Dear Meenu,
    I was surprised that you were not to be seen in my forums for quite some time. I was surprised to receive a response from you for my farewell post.
    I never thought I will be replying to your post sitting at an apartment in New York seeing the Empire State Building to my left.
    Happy to know that you are back in action. Wish you a nice, fulfilling and a rewarding job.
    I salute your confidence and determination in taking up a job at this time of your life.
    My US trip taught me so many things especially about my own life and vision. I could not help sharing the most important lesson I learnt here. Hence this post.
    Thanks again for your kind response.
    regards,

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I almost missed this last post of yours from the US!

If anything came from the depth of a heart, this post did! I always knew that you had a way with words, but I am realizing now as to how emotional your words can be...
    You must have had a really good time here and met some real nice people, else, you could not have reacted the way you have ! God is kind.

It is one thing to experience kindness and quite another to have the ability to recognize that and acknowledge it so soulfully. But you were and are like that only...

I think you are now in the warmth of your own soil and home. Home must have been even sweeter, what with a certain lovely lady there waiting for you ?!

But for some unknown reason, I miss your not being in the States! Don't know how to explain that!! And when you called last week, I thought , lo behold, he will be coming home and we can finally meet. But how was a poor me going to stand a chance when pitted against the great Niagara ?!!:-( It put even the Marilyn in shadow in the movie Niagara!!!! (Now please don't think I am that vain comparing myself to Miss M! It sounded good and I added it for effect:-D)

Malathijagan has quoted some of the wonderful lines you have penned. Really impressive Sridhar. After writing about an 81yr old getting married, you should not even remotely be thinking about an epitaph!:mad: You have not even 'touched' half a century. Long way to go for that and a lot lot more for you to write till then!

Hope to see you soon on IL.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007