1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

time to get up in the morning

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anamika29, May 3, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anamika,
    Once upon a time, when I was a working woman, I used to get up at 3.30 a.m.
    I had to leave the house at 5.30 and before that I had to make breakfast and lunch. My children were young and studying and my mil was conservative type. Without taking bath, cooking was prohibited. I struggled like this managing both house and office work for 16 years. But I took it as a challenge and I reaped the fruit for my hard work. My children are all doing well and now I get up at 5.30 in the morning. If you make it a habbit to get up early, you will become used to it. In the beginning you would find it tough, but later you will feel happy.
    With love,
    Pushpavalli

2. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

Thanks. I want to say that i like getting up early in the morning and my day is better when i do so: i do all the things i need to do, no stress... But i get up many times during the night because of my kids calling (they sleep bad) and i go to bed late. My mornings are a problem in my house because my husband gets up late and only has time to take care of himself and i don't think that is fair. My kids have trouble getting up (because they sleep bad during the night) and always give me the hard time. I have to do lots of things in the house, make lunches to pack, take care of the kids and take them to school. My husband doesn't help. Due to this, i can´t work early in the morning and that affects me professionaly. Also im very tired after that.

3. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    My opinion is early to bed early to rise.If you try sleeping early your body clock will make you get up early.Something like if i happen to sleep at 10.30IST i manage to get up feeling fresh at 6.00 IST.I think it all depends on when you sleep.Also i would recommend a glass of warm milk to be had before you retire that ensures an undisturbed sleep,leaving you fresh in the morning

4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

I guess all the women unanimously like to rise early.

Sri Varalotti is for waking up anytime because he doesn't have to cook for the family or tend to kid(s) :wink:

Congrats on 1000 posts Sunkan and a very nice poem Satya - even I like the early morning cool breeze and the bird chirp.

When I wake up earlier than the rest of the family, I get time for a relaxed coffee, relaxed shower, probably even get to work out, if nothing else atleast stay ahead in the cooking front. Practically, when I wake up late or wake up with my kid, my whole day is ruined and I am not in control of my time.

-Gayathri.

5. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi ilites
    i have a very different routine to share with all of u,my hubby's shifts are really awkward,being a doctor,one day he is working from 5 in the evening till 2 at night,then next day 12 in the morning till 8 in the evening,sometimes we have to wake up really early if he is starting like say 8 in the morning,but i would say now my body has become used to this routine.
    sometimes i wish we also had a proper 9-5 routine!!

manisha

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello gayathri

chirp chirp
    (thank you..!!)

sathya