1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Mega,

Loved yr post girl - adding humour to the most mundane of chores makes it a good read !!

love,
    kylie

3 people like this.
  2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Maju
    Ok, so now I have the uttappam recipe , just a question. If I soak the dals and rice combo as mentioned by you overnight, all I have to do is grind it......and again leave it for 6 hrs for fermentation? Then spread it like a pan cake and top it with whatever, rt?
    Plz. Remember all of us buddies when u savour all those yum stuff.
    Mega

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Phew Kamala, here I am finally! Will you believe that I did type out a reply and thought copied and when I came back to paste...oops - you know the culprit? The various chores I need to constantly juggle! Anyways, came back today and this thread has grown so much - I need to make time to go through all the other pages. What I do remember writing down earlier is, "Kamala, if I had a choice I wouldn't ask for more hours. I just would ask for more hands!" :)

Trust me I want to be organized and am told by others that I better than most others but then I know and see many others who are simply fantastic. So form that perspective I am still learning! The only time management regimen I have in force is for exercise.....and knowing that it can happen only in the mornings, I do stick to it! The one other thing I truly dislike and try to avoid (does not mean I don't do it) is having left overs in the refrigerator!! I know it sounds bad but for some reason I not only like variety, I also like freshly made food...so I do make time to cook. Just that it does not happen at a regular time every day! Very whimsical when it comes food!! Rest all, I usually allow the day to dictate me. An done area I am truly struggling is the laundry....I do want to have routine here but fail to understand how I get out of the routine every week, week after week!!

Thank you for starting this thread. Hopefully I will have some meaningful contribution soon and I know I am learning a lot already!

5 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Magee!
    Do post your routine which I am sure will be useful to someone. It appears that Bhuvivishal and you share the same long commute and come home after 7 pm. Perhaps Bhuvi will find some tips.

I like your avatar; very pretty!

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha
    Nice to see you here. I was wondering where you were, this being your forum.
    Hahaha- more hands eh! Perhaps that's what the depiction of Kali is- a true representation of the role of a woman!

I fully agree with the saying, "a woman's work is never done".

Sure, please do write your time management which may be useful to parents with school-aged children.
    Looking forward to your inputs.

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies
    Today is Friday! (TGIF)
    I took a break from exercise and cleaning! My muscles were screaming; so decided to give them a break before they go on strike.
    Besides this evening we went to a friend's house for dinner.

So after evening coffee I was busy choosing between a blue, a magenta, and a green saree. Finally the blouse that I could get into made my decision! :) I ended up wearing a red saree!

Everyone have a great Friday! Tomorrow my weekend schedule starts.

3 people like this.
  8. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kylie
    Thank you.....and plz. Post your mantra for time mgt. as well......isn't it mean to be secretive ? I'm sure you'll have some tricks up yourselves .:) :)
    Mega

9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dear Kamala Mam,

Wow, I really admire your effort for coming up with this thread..
    Very very informative and motivate to the readers....I read in one of your replies that you love to do all the works like cooking,excercising...I really love that attitude..am one such girl who likes to do my work with my 100% involvement and love....I used to enjoy doing all the works I do..So when I read your reply I really loved it..Am damn sure you are becoming a great inspiration for the one who reads it...

Thank you for such a lovely thread mam...

2 people like this.
  10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Magee, Kylie welcome to this thread.

Hi Sabitha Expecting lots of inputs from you.

Hi Prana, Thanks for liking my post and welcome here.

Mega, Good I din't have anybody around when I laughing reading your yesterday's post.

Kamala, Thanks for the link to Chitra aunty's thread.

My days : Friday - As I told you skipped exercise but couldn't do it either in the night also. My neighbor visited me after long time to clear some doubts in sanskrit ( as I am senior by 6 months in the class). Then watered plants. When I was ready to prepare dinner my DS wanted to order Pizza. Since there was no dinner preparation thought of preparing mixed fruit jam and the process took 2 and 1/2 hrs. In between had our dinner.

Saturday : Cooked for my DS dropped at station as DH went and received my pils from Tambaram station. We all shared the week's stories. During that time cut vegetables, ground coconut for morkuzhambu. Then colored my hair, pulled out all bedspreads and pillow covers from all 3 bedrooms. Put a load regular clothes in washing machine, next load was bedspreads and pillow covers. Then came my maid's son and daughter one by one to inform that their mother is not well and would not be able to come today. Extra task in hand now!! So no exercise. After 40 min of coloring took bath. Washed all yesterday's vessels by bringing all from bathroom to kitchen sink. Had lunch at 1. Swept the ground floor. Put clothes for drying. Took a nap. After coffee put new bedspreads and pillow covers while watching IPL. By 7.15 prepared chapathi.

Had some discussion on why we should take care of elders, especially in-laws. The topic hovered to various things. Now here I am here in IL.

Regards
    Manjukps

3 people like this.