1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Yes KK mam, i finished the cleaning but took two days with the regular work... i feel fresh air in that room....As some renovation work is going in our opposite house... so dusty...
    Welcome back Soundarya and Abhi,
    Good going Vani and Priya..
    Manju mam, nice picture... Enjoy your holidays....
    A big hi to all the others...
    Wednesday and Thursday

Did normal cooking,
    For the two days cleaned the second bedroom, threw away some unwanted things.
    Sweet Ds himself segregated the good and broken toys.
    Arranged my sarees, bed spreads. Kept the petticots and blouses in the basket
    Went to buy milk yesterday(2km)
    Friday
    Did cooking , went to temple, ground idli batter, mopped the floor ,regular workouts

Cleaning plan/schedule for a month
    Made a plan yesterday for the whole month
    Normally Monday and Friday i will be busy. Monday will take head bath, go to temple and have to clean the messed up house because of the week end
    Friday till 12:30 i will be busy with temple.
    My cleaning work will be on the other three days.
    My house has 5 compartments.

Week 1- Whole Kitchen for 3 days
    day 1 - shelves under the kitchen counter
    day 2 - shelves opposite to the kitchen counter
    day 3- through cleaning of oven, firdge, w/m , grinder, mixer, induction stove, folding the plastic covers

Week 2- Bed room - the wadrobe including the arrangements of bills, files, clothes, bed spreads etc
    Week 3- Living hall - It is having one showcase, sofa set, shoe rack, one tv unit with 4 shelf
    Week 4- The second bedroom - having computer, clothe stand , Ironing table,one cupboard, one old w/m (i am using this as a stand for the laundry clothe bin)
    The dinning hall- having one single bed(ds used to play in that bed- his play area, one small dinning table), 1 cup board for ds study materials and general things .
    During the monthly cycle time i will go through the cup board

While doing the cleaning i plan to dust the celling also.
    I think is i have to execute it properly... I going to take the first step that is planning... I hope i will complete it every month as planned. I am going to take it as a New Year Resolution

Any suggestions regarding this are welcome. Plz feel free to give feed back in this above plan.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    4 people like this.
  2. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala Ma'am,

The books I have bought are the paperback editions .

1.One Thing at a Time-by Cindy Glovinsky

2.What's A DisOrganized Person To Do by Stacey Platt

I hope you already have read these books.

Iam not sure of the online edition .

Happy Holidays to You ,Your Family and all the Super Women in this thread.

My to do list of chores today.

1.Cleaned the Refridgerator,ohhh it is a huge task ,no matter I split it and doing it at a slow pace.

2.Cleaned the Dishwasher .

Remaining to do -Oven and Microwave oven ,both have too much grease on them .I feel like not cooking any more inside the home

2.Washer and Dryer ,check for any mildew and clean

3.Once Iam done with these I shall cut some veggies for the rest of the week

4.Hand wash like colored clothes as I have three loads of clothes to wash ,so I shall group according to color ,ex.red ,I can wash remaining white or blue groups later.

5.Hand wash my kids' lunchbags.

I shall stop here .Let me finish these then I shall add more.

3 people like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Hello to you all! Hope all of you are doing well and keeping in good spirits.
    KKrish, thanks for your encouragement. My mother also says that my little one misses me and he needs me. I will try to encourage them to work along with me.

My week is being pretty good. Last Saturday, I bought a book shelf for my boys and small wall storage system for keeping their toys in an orderly manner. In my mind, I have made the plan how to arrange and planning to spend 30 minutes every day after boys are sleep to arrange the shelves and hence the ground floor. Hope I won’t fall asleep with boys J
    Exercise wise, I am climibing stairs as many as can and I have started doing 6 sets of surya namaskara. Thank you all for your support. When I see you ladies do so much and I feel like instead of me moaning, I want to do something hence here I am with lots of positive thoughts in my mind. hope that will stay in my mind when I welcome the new year.

4 people like this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

hope all are doing good and rocking with managing time.

Manju - enjoy the holidays

mahe - good planning. All the best for the new year's resolution.

Yesterday, wakeup at 8am. Prepared b'fast and coffee. Feed b'fast to dd and ds. Loaded w/m and spread them for dry. Washed all the doormats. Prepared lunch and again feeding session. Folded all the dried clothes and arranged it in respective cupboards. Had a nap for half an hour. Then ds wakeup.

Then prepared tea and have it along with dh. Washed half of the vessels. Arranged my wardrobe. Cleaned the home. Prepared and had dinner with dd and dh. Played with kids for 1 hour. dd slept at 10pm. Then again time with ds by watching tv parallel. Went to bed at 12.30am.

Today morning wakeup at 6.30am. Prepared coffee, b'fast and lunch. packed all the boxes. Feed ds and left home at 8.25am.

4 people like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

My family came back last Saturday evening and I am sooooooooooo happy :-D

My mom and dad have also come with my DH and DDs :)

Saturday night was all about talking, eating and finally unpacking. It took up the better part of the sunday morning as well and the living room is finally clear of all the boxes :)

On Sunday evening, my cousin brother and his wife came home and we had a good time talking. They brought us two lovely plants passed on by a relative. Happy to add them to my small collection :)

My younger dd started wheezing at night and we had to rush her to the hospital where she was treated and monitored. They discharged her at around 5 am this morning. Brought her back home and we all slept till 9 am. In the morning, my dad was complaining of severe toothache and headache but refused to go to a hospital :( He took some medication and was asleep when I left for office around 12 noon.

My DH has taken leave and is caring for DDs and my parents. I am feeling a bit down and restless. Hope things will improve tomorrow.

2 people like this.
  6. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I know this is the wrong forum for this question, I have posted this in working women forum as well. But i feel close to you ppl as I see and post updates here.
    During the weekend there has been a big storm going on in my head.
    Our maid has decided to quit as she is not ready for less sal for half day work since my DS is going to playschool. Plus my work is becoming more and more hectic and so is my DH's. I m managing evrything but not perfectly and someone this is not working out well with my DH. He is insisting on me quiting the job for some yrs and take care of house and our DS who is not getting proper attention from us.
    I am ina big fix what to do?
    Please advice on this thread:http://www.indusladies.com/forums/working-women/241504-to-choose-between-career-home.html

1 person likes this.
  7. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear Akila Ma'am,

Take care.Hope your daughter gets better.

1 person likes this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks smily :) she is better now.

1 person likes this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Akila Dear,

Take care. My wishes to your dd to get well soon. It is soothing to know she is better now.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  10. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hi wonderful Moms and ILites here,

Hope everyone's day is going smooth.

Iam here trying to make peace between myself and the never ending chores.

Last weekend only 75% of the chores are accomplished.washer ,Dryer ,handwashing the clothes and cutting few veggies are still pending.

Previously I used to rush on weekdays to temple on Special occasions leaving the chores aside.But now I stopped family outings on weekends even for simple errands after school hours.I just used to go out to escape from boredom.Now that I have stopped doing these I guess I shall find more time for daily chores.

I have to focus more time on cooking for my picky eaters and my DH who has digestive issues.I can find more time only if I reduce spending more me time surfing the internet on weekdays.I shall still won't compromise my me time by watching favourite reality shows and organizing shows and combining them with folding laundry or mopping the floor on 2/3 days,after all with continuous caregiving to my kids and family , I need some outlet for my stress.

I think I can save some time by adopting these 2 changes.

Few time savers with young kids at home from my friends.

Online shopping from stores you already familiar with and if possible the products we are already familiar with.I adopted this for my 20%of shopping .

Idli batter for a whole week ,which saved me from cleaning the grinder and other utensils twice.

Other tip from Kamala Ma'am , freezing the Ginger-Garlic paste .It is wonderful tip for me.:goodidea:

Our Super Smart ILites, wishing to hear from you!!!!!!!

3 people like this.