1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    Finally wood work got over. But there is a touch up thing to do on sunday. Also installing home theatre system. Utilizing the existing TV only. My DH's long time dream getting fullfilled. From my aspect now it is giving a neat look with no wires dangling. My tanjore painting gets special place and lighting in the adjoining show case. Also dh spared another space for one more painting which as of now installed temproary glass shelf. Will post pic once it is all arranged.
    Today again it is going to be hectic as we both are leaving for a marriage with in-laws and my parents will be looking after kids. So had to clean up all mess after the work and leave house manageable for parents. Few things dh organized before leaving to office. Planning to check on grocery, fruits and veggies, store all needed things. Few small cosmetic items to buy. Made the list already. Few final stuff like chargers, ipad medicines etc to be packed. Yesterday evening packed our suitcases. Wondering how long I am going to be off? 4 days. Going to kanyakumari (2days) after marriage as my dh has not yet gone there after valluvar statue installed. I had gone just after that. So it had been years. As we are going to Tirunelveli we extended our trip to KK. I am all excited. Only itch is not taking kids along as both have exams.
    So now i have to hurry up doing all pending cleaning, grind batter, make the maid mop with more water, iron (our iron box is under repairso nee c to give it out andget back) final check before lo.cking suitcases. Evening receive kids, give them snacks, prepare dinner and keave after we have our dinner. Also to see all their uniforms are ready for another three days.
    Will catch up on monday.

Will respond to posts later.

Regards
    Manjukps

4 people like this.
  2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mahesaran - Thank you. She is my Husbands grandmom. I am not very close with her to ask recipes and stuff like that.
    She makes amazing Pulihora and Hot Pongal and Fish curry. I will try to get those recipes from her if possible.

Hi SmilySmile - welcome back.

Hi Kamala - Nice that he noticed some thing was different :) I always keep fruits, sweets at home but I will make sure that
    I go out and get some hot snacks as well. Thank you for the tip.

I put idli;s in the pressure cooker(with out whistle) so I use it alot. so I always kept the Idli plates aside.

I agree with what you said about cooking with Love. My Grand mom was a great cook too she always makes awesoem food (Just simple stuff)
    tastes good if she makes it.

Thank you so much for posting the coralling technique pictures.

I like your idea of having atleast a day with out having to do anything. I would love that.

Hi Mahesaran - Nice to read your yesterday;s Updates. You got somany things done and doing better with exercise
    routine as well.

Hope you don't over stress your self by doing much. Take care of your leg pain.

Hi Manju - Glad to hear that your wood work is done. I also have some Tanjore paintings that I need to find nice spots in my
    home to hang them.

Enjoy your trip see you on Monday.

Hi SoundVijay, Abhigail, Geervani, Pushpa - hope you all are doing Good.

My Updates - I woke up had shower did pooja and 15 mins of small excercises .
    After that had coffee for 15 mins.
    Made my DD wake up and brushed her teeth
    Gave her milk.
    got her ready to school.
    Packed her lunch box and mine and I headed to work.
    After coming back from work I fried the okra I cut a day before.
    I made Maggi for DD's next day Lunch
    I made a list of things that we need to get before every one is here.
    after that Had my dinner and went to bed.

5 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

yesterday was little relaxed,

cooking
    prepared adai, aviyal and dosa for ds
    packed pulka with aviyal, veg , fruit salad with jeera water for hubby.
    packed cake and button adai for ds
    prepared babycorn-carrot paratha for dinner

washed bed spreads in w/m

swept the home

workouts
    25 min walk in corrider
    1 hr brisk outside walk

Misc:
    Arranged the clothes of mine. separated daily wear and old clothes.
    Spread the bed sheet in the bed. Re-arranged the bed spreads in the cup-board.
    Studies for ds

Today , i can't do anything what i planned already as it is a holiday for ds because of the death of King of Mysore.

But planning to do some cleaning work with ds as he is always interested to help me in any cleaning or arranging work. Today i will start with arranging his toys.

4 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning ladies
    Could not come here and post. I had to visit the Round table conference - a good thread in the Education and personal growth Forum, and of course visit my original stomping ground, snippets.
    Our own Akila Mani has written a sweet post.

Have a great Wednesday all!

3 people like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi KK,

That is so sweet of you :)

Hey all,

I had returned last Sunday from my vacation. My family is coming back this Saturday and I feel like I am stuck in a limbo. Its as if I am moving underwater. All I have done for the past four days is watch tv and read a book. I hardly find it worthwhile to cook or clean. I am watching TV until odd hours and waking up late for office. I survived on fruits and bread for two days and after getting a very concerned scolding from DH, yesterday I bought dosai batter and made dosai last night.

I am just waiting for them to come back so I can be back to my old self. I thought that with no one at home I would get so much of my organizing out of the way, but I could not find the energy or motivation to even unpack fully.

I know this is such a depressing post and am sorry about that dear friends. I will come back next week with something worthwhile to post.

Take care dears.

6 people like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,

I am approaching my weekend. KKrish, thank you very much for your motivation. Corralling is the new concept for me and wow I will use it in my household. Thank you Mahesaran, Veeramachenani and all other lovely ladies. Good luck and very best wishes for your son’s exams Manju. I am sure he will fly with colours.
    The week has gone pretty good as planned. I didn’t do my exercise as climbing stairs on Wednesday due to leg pain but I felt better today and started again.
    I am trying to de clutter my house as the new year approaches. Hats off to you all, you all do so much and I am struggling to do anything after 7PM when my boys go to sleep. My little boy, 2 years old, wakes up at 4 AM and he is so unhappy even when I go to have shower. Will this phase pass? After coming from work around 3 PM, I cook along with the boys and clean up then we go outside to play with other kids. I will need to build up my energy so that I can do some cleaning after boys sleep.
    Other than that all is well and wish you all very good day
    Love
    vani

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager at hotline@maerskoil.com.

5 people like this.
  7. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai all :)

Its been a very long since i updated my status here. I am serving my notice period in my office. Just 24 working days and i would enjoy with my DD like anything :). Now a days i get up, help my MIL and reach office; in the evening reach home, play with my DD for sometime, wash vessels, clean the sink and gas stove. So gonna concentrate on my household only after getting relived from my office.

I would not be able to login to IL from my office so would update regularly after getting relived.

Sound

5 people like this.
  8. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All, Again took a little break.
    I read all the updates but get little tied up with work and forget my updates.
    My routine has changed again since my DS strated going to playschool.
    I have a busy 1 hour in my regular schedule now to wakeup my DS and get him ready for the playschool. Before that I finish little bit of morning jobs and prepare a light breakfast for him and pack his small break tiffin box.
    So still planning on how to fit that one hour in my regular schedule.

5 people like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Smilysmile
    That is nice to know about how you have organized your stuff. Can you give more information on the Fedex books? I tried to find them on line but could not. Any link will help.
    Thanks.
    Hi Mahesh
    How is your leg pain? Have you has success in your cleaning routine?
    Hi Manju
    Trust you enjoyed you trip and the wedding. That was quite a preparation before leaving. Very thoughtful about each and every member of your family. Only you can do that.
    Hi Priya VM
    You are on home run now. So everything is ready for your guests. I am sure you have everything in order and organized your guests will be very comfortable, and well fed, they will enjoy their stay.
    HI Akila
    Welcome back. I would say, enjoy the days doing nothing. You are not alone. Even I cannot do much if my husband is on travel and I am alone. Somehow I miss the motivation. Made me realize long ago how important it is to have family.
    Hello Girvani
    Best wishes with the decluttering.
    I can assure you that the clinging phase of the 2 year old will pass. He misses you during the day and this is only natural.
    I would suggest that if you must work after the kids go to bed, do it only weekly, the night before your long weekend. That way you can sleep longer the next day or take snatches of sleep if need be.
    Involve you two-year old in de-cluttering. Put a basket and ask him to drop the unwanted stuff in the basket. Make it a game and cherish those moments. Do just a little every day in one room. You will get there eventually.
    Hi Sound
    We are all eagerly waiting for you to tell us how you feel after quitting. Best wishes.
    Hello Abigail
    Yes, routines will change as the needs of your child keeps changing. However, if the basic needs are met transitioning will be smooth. Enjoy life. That is the mantra.
    My updates.

Glad everyone liked the corralling. The key is not to just put everything in boxes but to organize with usage and frequency in mind.

Nothing worth mentioning the whole week. I have been cooking extra and freezing for Christmas week. Again my children will be coming down. This year I specially asked my ddil to be with us for welcoming the New Year as family. From next year they may want to celebrate with friends of their own.
    I am really taking time off from housework so that from next week I can plunge in with a renewed energy.
    Work at the office was also hectic with the upcoming holidays. Everyone wants to complete work before leaving. That’s good in a way; my in box also has become empty.
    Have a great weekend everybody.
    Take care.

5 people like this.
  10. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

20131213_173749.jpg View attachment 201365

Hi all,
    Nice to read all updates. Now relaxing at the balcony with ocean view and watching sunset.
    As morning was cloudy, sunrise was not very clear.
    Morning by six went to see sunrise to view tower, came back had bath, after b/f went to rock memmorial. We both had lengthy relaxed walk from morning, when we came back to lodge we both had completed 10000 steps according to my dh's mobile. He said for 3rd consecutive day he is completing. I am sure I also must have completed more than that, as I also had lot of walking from mandapam to home and back and all around marriage hall. Enjoyed helping bride's family. Dressed up bride for muhurtham, which everybody liked.
    Now to proceed to temple for which again will walk.
    Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.