1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi all, Last week of this month, New year is nearing...
    If i think of house cleaning and maintaining a neat house ... i am going mad....
    Today i cleaned the whole house till 11:30 after the two days of weekend and finally i was tired. Some how finished cleaning the kitchen, house and even mopped it with the mop stick as i had no energy today to hand mop the floors.

Hi KK mam, I know that you will be in cloud nine to welcome your new daughter. I am virtually seeing your preparations for her. Enjoy the days with the newly wed and make it memorable. nice idea of keeping the less used items in the loft.
    Hi Vani, Nice that you included playing with your kids.
    Hi Priya, One suggestion about beet root fry. Boil the beet root with chilli pwd and salt in the pressure cooker with little water, if you want you can add soaked peanuts or kabuli channa. Then do the tadka and add the beetroot with the water and fry it till the water evaporates. It will taste nice and time,oil as well as gas(fuel)saving. This is a suggestions only.
    Hi Shara, You are welcome to have the cake. Only two pieces are left. Two packings?.. it is really hard to implement. Now i came to know why you are planning it for the past two months...
    Saturday:

BF: aappam, sweet coconut milk
    lunch: banana stem curry, (poonnagkanni keerai) spinach -dal, rice
    dinner: outside

Went to book shop and finished dinner outside. Full day studies for ds and for the past four days he didn't study well as of guest.

Sunday:

Bf: multigrain- banana flower adai with corrainder chutney
    lunch: dil leaves pulka with veg-coconut kurma and brown rice with dal powders
    dinner: left overs

Went for weekly shopping. cleaned dil leaves, corainder, mint leaves. Peeled corn and stored in freezer. Arranged veggies and grocerries in their respective places. cut bhendi and peeled ridge gourd for todays cooking.

Hand washed clothes and spread it in the terrace

Monday:

cooking:

prepared ridge gourd - dal, bhendi curry , brown rice.
    Packed the dal and dil leaves pulka with veg and fruit salad , jeera water for hubby. packed lemon rice with behndi for ds.
    prepared sweet potato pancake for my bf

Cleaning:
    Cleaned and mopped the whole house.

Friends, I am having three problems in the kitchen

1. Small spiders in each and every shelf
    2. Fruit files
    3. tiny ants

Any remedies to avoid this? plz share with me.

5 people like this.
  2. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I have been missing for past 3 weeks now and now back from a week long festival week, then a training for the new upgrade at my job front, a minor accident ( i m fully fine now) and then a hectic week where our VP and Dir had visited India office to meet us.
    I m still reading the old updates and will update my updates soon.

3 people like this.
  3. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

Weekend was good. Saturday went shopping to buy some thermals, and boots,had bought one set from India, but since we have to use it everyday here, need an alternate set. Then, came back home, saw TV, one movie and slept.
    Yesterday was my marriage anniversary. Morning woke up to calls from India, spoke to family, then took bath, lit lamp, had light BF(bread) and then, went to temple and then had lunch outside. Came home, took a small nap, then evening prepared Idli batter for the week, Ironed the clothes for coming week, then slept early.

Today prepared peas puluv and bread and jam for BF. Went to class after boarding DD in school bus. It started snowing here today and DD experienced it in school along with her friends, she came home excitedly and told me about it :)

6 people like this.
  4. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shara - Nice to read the way you are packing. It can be so time consuming and I moved 3 times so far and I agree that
    Moving is a pain. You are really planning well. Take Care.

Hi Mahesaran - How are you doing? Thank you for the tips on Beet root fry. I will try and let you know soon. Now a days
    I am aking sure I eat beet root once every week. + my DD loves it as well.

Try to do one thing at a time and not try to complete everything at once. That creates stress and you will end up feeling tired .

I never Dealt with Ants, Spiders. But I know the exact tip to help with Fruit flies.

Get apple cider Vinegar from the store. Pour it in a cup. Cover the cup with Plastic wrap and make wholes to the
    plastic wrap. All fruit flies will go inside and get trapped.

It really works. I am not sure if you can get apple cider vinegar in B lore or not. (it should be cheap)

Hi Abhigail - welcome Back. Glad that you are doing OK after the accident.

5 people like this.
  5. veeramachaneni

My Routine on Sunday :

I am so happy that I got so much stuff done on Sunday. I went to bed at 11:00 pm. I can't remember when was the last time I stayed this long.

I completed organizing my Pantry and Laundry Room.

I Found the exact kind of table I have been looking for from so long and putting it inside the Laundry room and I took out the old Iron Board from that room and took out all the unwanted stuff that's been sitting on the Top Rack. Vacuumed + emptied the Trash.

I completed Organizing my Pantry which took me most of the time. I loaded all the jars that I got from the store in the dish washer (took me 4 loads) , dried them,labelled the Jars. But I am so happy about how they turned out.

Going to add a picture do let me know if you have any suggestions to make it more organized + appealing.

photo (20).JPG photo (18).JPG
    Side 1 Side 2

Side 1 - I added all flours together, daals next to each other.

Side 1 - I kept all kinds of Vadiyalu next to each other.

Side 1 top Shelf - I kept all the disposable plates + glasses , Spoons,forks...etc

on the 2 side I added cleaning supplies really at the top so that DD cannot reach them.

Side 2 - 2nd shelf I kept Snacks so they are at the Eye level + I kept Ziploc Bags.

Side 2 - 3rd rack I need to move all the extra scrubs to rack1

Side 2- 4th rack Mixer and Aloo & Beet Root Basket.

On the side 1 I have Onions Basket.

I created an Inventory of Items that I have in the Pantry and I sticked it to the back side of the Pantry door.

8 people like this.
  6. veeramachaneni

My Monday Routine - Hello every One . This is going to be my 1000th Post. :) and I became a Gold Ilite yay :)

Woke up and got ready and Did Pooja.

Had my Coffee Made Idli for DD's Lunch.

Packed my lunch and left for Work. It is raining bad and I drove to work while talking to my parents.

I started from work around 5:30 PM and After coming home I made DD eat her Dinner and prepared Pasta for her.

I made Sunni Vundalu and ate 2, Gave 3 to DH and 1 to DD. We all like this simple Sweet.

DH took her and made her go to Bed.

I went to Laundry room and folded clothes left in the dryer and put them away.

Cleaned the laundry room lightly and went to pantry and organized a bit here and there.

Unloaded the dishwasher dried up all the utensils, and loaded the dirty dishes.

Now my Favorite part cleaned the Kitchen sink and dried it with a towel. I do it every day and I t gives me a fresh feeling every morning when I enter the Kitchen 1st thing in the morning.

Watered in door plants and having green tea and I am ready to Bed.

4 people like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear all, my week is going well. During the work hours I climb the steps whenever I can. I even managed to walk around the compound twice yesterday while the youngest son went to candy shop with his father. Cooking and cleaning are going but I started planning like you ladies. That makes me feel better. Thank you so much.
    Kkrish aunty, indeed I will enjoy my time with kids. I am trying to treasure each moment. Sometimes they test my patience. However the beauty is if one is so naughty then somehow the other one will be nice so I could handle!!! Veeramachaneni, I must say uour pantry look superb. I wish they have pantries in Qatar housings too!!! Thanks mahesaran. Thank you all and have a good day
    love
    vani

5 people like this.
  8. mahesaran

Hi Anu, belated anniversary wishes. snow... how exciting it would be... you enjoy it behalf of me also......

Hi Priya... Thanks for the remedy for fruit flies... Nice arrangements in pantry..... It is looking neat and cool...

Hi Vani... Small steps make big changes... Go ahead...

Welcome back Abhi... sorry to hear about the accident....

Yesterday:
    Arranged all the scattered bills in the respective files
    Went out to play with ds
    1 hr full study time for ds
    Prepared gobi paratha for dh, dosa with garlic podi for ds and oats, boiled moong dal for me.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. veeramachaneni

Hi Anupama - Belated Happy Anniversary. 1st snow can be exciting for Kids :) Will post updates tomorrow.

10. mahesaran

Tuesday: woke up at 5:45

cooking:
    Prepared ragi idli with onion chutney for bf
    For lunch packed aloo - dil leaves paratha with veg and fruit salad.
    For dinner veg kuram with pulka, veg soup for me
    For snack idli manchurian and pop corn

workouts:
    30 min brisk walk
    2 km outside walk(for milk and post office)
    cleaning:
    cleaned vessels , kitchen counter

Miscallenous:
    Went to post office and then to bank,bought slim milk on the way back
    Went to the tailor shop to get the blouse but it was not ready.
    Folded the clothes and kept it in cupboard
    Arranged the study table as it was so messy.

2 people like this.