1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

21/11 update
    ----------------
    Cooking
    Bf prepared idli, coriander chutney
    Lunch karakhuzhambu(tangy gravy),cabbage curry, ridge gourd -dal
    Snack ragi kuzhi paniyaram
    Dinner veg wheat upma, coconut chutney

Misc
    Went to buy slim milk
    Went to friend's house to give the 7 cup cake
    Went to give and get the dress for pressing
    Prepared sweet chutney for chaat.

Workout

2 km of outside walk( for milk)
    20 min of brisk walk

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. sujivsp

sujivsp Senior IL'ite

oh.... wat a thead it is.. it tempts me to do more... but the thing is its v cold in chennai..so couldnt wake up early :(

2 people like this.
  3. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Girvani -. Enjoy your weekend. I am feeling better from the next day it self.

hi mahesaran enjoy time with your guests.

hi Kamala thanksgiving is so close. But Iam so sure you will complete everything in time. Do take care of your health.

hi anupama kids love snow only we adults have to struggle cleaning the front path cars..etc in that crazy old. I loved snow but I hated driving when it snowed and cleaning the car. That was the reason we moved from Connecticut to Texas.
    I haven't been to any of the places you asked so sorry Iam not of great help. But enjoy your trip on holidays.

Hi Suji welcome to the thread

my routine on Thursday :

woke up and got ready today I have blood. Test scheduled they asked me to come fasting so I directly went to lab and they took 7 test tubes of blood. I thought that was a bit much. Buti didn't feel week or anything

i went to work during the lunch I went out for a walk since I'm feeling stressed out. Weather was nice yesterday.

after that I came home had shower and pooja cooked beet root fry. It came out well. I like this curry.

fed dd read her stories.next door neighbors. Came at 8 and dd and their daughTer played till 8:30 and they left. I gave milk to my dd and went to bec Fter that.

2 people like this.
  4. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

22/11

cooking

prepared idli for bf
    lunch only for me so prepared moong dal- dil leaves subji and toast
    for dinner prepared ragi semiya upma and soup for me
    for snacks steamed corn( chollam)

misc

went to market to buy some veggies
    hand washed clothes
    mopped the floor
    prepared poha chivda and stored it in container

Workout

40 min walk (to and fro) to market
    29 min brisk walk

2 people like this.
  5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

Today had cornflakes and chocos for DD for BF. Had prepared dal palak and packed for lunch with rice. Came home from classes and imm went to grocery shopping for the week since didnt wanted that item to be pending for weekend when DH arrives tomm. Came home, had lunch, browsed a little, then maid came for the week, got the house cleaned, then had coffee, watched a telugu movie, DD came, gave her snacks, then loaded WM, cooking dinner, tomato rasam and lady finger curry.

What are ur weekend plans? Thanks Veera for replying to my post. How old are ur kids?

4 people like this.
  6. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hi Kamala Ma'am,Manju Ma'am and other wonderful ILites here,

I was silent in this thread for a long time ,made an excuse that I didn't find time,but looks like I had lost track of managing time:(

Just few min of posting and reading others posts is really a great motivator.

To sum up my activities today

Food-Dosa and chutney
    Rice and Beerakaya curry,

Cleaning-swept the floors.

Have to plan my weekly and monthly chores.

4 people like this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Hope all are doing well.The weekend went smoothly.

Food wise
    Firday: BF – Egg benedict with hashbrowns – My son’s favourite so this is our tradition on Fridays to commence the weekendJ
    Lunch: Dhal rice with vegetables
    Dinner: We went out

Saturday: BF: Pancakes
    Lunch: Sphagetti
    Dinner: We went to see Dhow festival celebration here, so had traditional Arabic food at the food stall. It was yummy.

Exercise wise:
    I didn’t do any work out ,but I played and ran with the boys.so I am looking forward to back into the routine during the weekdays.

Have a lovely day dear friends!

Love
    vani

4 people like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good Sunday All
    Came here for a quick hello.

Welcome Suji and Smilysmile!
    Very happy to note that this thread is motivational. For me too reading how other ladies manage their days is very rejuvenating and gives me that "push".

Hi Anupama, Mahesh, Girvani, Priya ...nice to read your updates.
    Mahesh - thank you for the welcome.
    Vani: Nice to read about your playing with your sons. Please do enjoy your kids fully now. They grow up too fast for my liking. I always say that if I got just one boon I will ask to have both my sons all over again!
    Priya: Yes...Thanksgiving is close and I will have my sons and new daughter from Tuesday afternoon till the following Sunday. Very happy. Getting the house in order to welcome Mrs.Son#1 for her first visit.
    Beetroot fry...recipe anywhere? Would like to try too.

One thing I realized the past few days is how important to be healthy. This leg pain of mine really slowed me down so much.
    The whole of last week -

• Decluttered the guest room - it had become the catch all room, situated the first room via the garage:)
    • Changed the curtains from a dark color to a lighter more feminine color - pink (my sons will kill me, but this time the choice leans in favor of the new lady of the family)
    • Washed the comforters and comforter covers; made the bed.
    • Just need to add some last minute touches and that's done.

Kitchen -
    • put away less frequently used items on the top shelf.
    • Cleaned the counter-tops and the shelving doors.

Yesterday went for a quick shopping to get milk and stuff. Bought cranberries for cranberry rice and cranberry sauce. Bought stuffing.

Went to Best buy to check out clothes dryers. Today we will place the order.

Today: Very cold day. Perfect to stay indoors.
    Plans:
    • First take care of the meals for the day.
    • Prep for tomorrow's meals
    • Check the week's menu and prepare the needed powders, masalas, chutneys, pressure cooked dhal, and tamarind extract.
    • If time permits, knead chapati dough and freeze (else will do it Monday evening)
    • Complete the last minute cleaning.

Okay ladies. Time to get my Sunday going. I will try my best to come here and post; however, no promises :)

Have a happy Sunday, the rest of the week, and Thanksgiving!

5 people like this.
  9. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anupama - I am also from AP. Which movie did you watch? How is it?
    I have one Daughter and she turned 3 very recently.

Nice to Read your updates. Do you have a maid? Does she come every week to clean the house?

Hi SmilySmile - welcome to the thread. Here there are a lot of experienced and organized people like Kamala , Manju , Mahesaran...etc I am trying to be more organized but not quiet there yet. I am sure they will help you get all the tips needed.

Hi Girvani - Nice to Read your Updates. Enjoy your weekend.

Hi Kamala - You must be so Excited for your son and DIL's arrival. Enjoy every minute and take as many pics as you can.

Staying Healthy is very important. I am extremly anaemic and it is limiting from how long I can work with out a break. I am taking it seriously and my condition is getting better.

- You made me laugh about the Pink curtains :) Trying to Imagine your Guest Room :)

- Your DIL must be amazed to see your completly organized, clean home and I am sure she will aprriciate all your efforts.

- We recently purchased the washer and dryer combo and I got the one with pedestal so that you don't have to bend when loading the clothes in the dryer.

- Cranberry Rice sounds yummy.

Here 's the Recipe for Beetroot fry :

It is vey simple. Peel the beet root and cut them into small cubes. Really small cubes.

Add 4 sppons of Oil (This is the only fry that I add this much oil) - when the oils heats up add cumin, Jeera, Curry leaves and then Add Beet root cubes.
    fry them long for 45 mins. Taste it it should be completly done. Add salt and I add Chilly powder, Minced garlic and after 5 mins I turn the heat off.

It comes out really yummy.

My Routine : (Saturday = 11/23)

I woke up and Made Idli Batter , Already brought Dosa Batter from Indian Groceries.

I made Ginger and Garlic Paste and froze them using the freezer Tray.

Me and my friend together invited one couple for Lunch.Lunch is at my place.

I made Gutti vankaya koora (Stuffed Egg plant Curry) , Veg Pulav, Rasam and my friend brought

Aloo kurma, Paneer tikka, Kheer.

I cleaned the whole house including cook top after cooking food.

DH Vaccumed the House Downstairs.

Yesterday after they left I loaded the Dishwasher and cleaned off all the utensils,plates,glasses..etc

So many Days I am postponing getting the pantry Jars. I went to shopping and got all similar looking glass Jars for the Stuff in Pantry.

Today I have to put them in the washer and once they are drie I need to complete the Pantry.

I have a birthday party today at 11:30

6 people like this.
  10. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

Regularly reading all updates, but not posting mine. Little busy with my packing. Through with books, toys, clothes, curtains and bedsheets, shoes etc.Vessels and major items like T.V, fridge, washing machine are left. By the time i think i am through with one particular item like toys or books suddenly from somewhere a toy or book crops up, then open that respective carton and put that. Mine is like two packing - one which i will use in a temporary accommodation and one which will be opened in the permanent house. So lots of planning and thinking is needed.

@ kkrish mam - lucky DIL and loved reading your preparations for her arrival

@ manju mam - take care of your leg pain. Thanks for your concern

@ mahesaran - Coming to eat the 7 cup cake

@ Priya - nice to read your detailed updates

@ anupama - snow - all of us will love to see it. hugs to your DD. Italy is a nice place. you can visit Rome, vatican city, florence(nice designs of gold jewellery), pisa, genova (a big aquarium your DD will enjoy it) , venice (glass jewellery, and their manufacturing factories are also there), turin (i believe chocolates are famous). You will really enjoy it.

Hi jeni, sound, vani, smileysmile and every one

Will come up with my new routine, once i set the new house

shara

7 people like this.