1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

My updates for today(14/11)

Woke up at 6:30 as ds is having holiday because of children's day

cooking:
    Prepared rava idli with capsicum chutney for bf
    For hubby packed pulka with bhendi gravy, veg and fruit salad and jeera water.
    prepared poha chidva for snacks. As ds is not well, gave him jeera pwd with rice and curd rice
    Prepared rava dosa for dinner for them and stir fried baby corn for me.

Cleaning:
    Cleaned vessels and kitchen counter
    Cleaned the whole fridge and washing machine with mild detergent.
    Mopped the whole house.

Misc:
    hand washed the clothes.
    Went to tailor shop to get the saree, went to sai baba temple.
    Arranged the clothes in the 2 wadrobes.

Workouts
    30 min spot jogging
    45 min of shuttle

6 people like this.
  2. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Akila, belated b'day wishes to your dd. Happy and safe journey.
    Hi Priya, Yes, my cleaning of the whole kitchen is over. Gave a final touch today:)
    jeera boiled with water.
    Hi jeni. how are you?

1 person likes this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,
    Thanks dear :)
    Enjoy the party today and have a nice weekend :)

Hi Mahe,
    You are getting a lot done in a day!! great going dear :)

Hi Jeni,
    Hope you are well :)

Hi all,

I will be off to Chennai today :-D
    I wouldn't be able to get online while I am there. See you all after three weeks :)

Take care.

3 people like this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

mahe - happy to read about your routines. you are rocking.

akila - my wishes for your dd. take care of other kid also

veerama - how are you

all others - how are you all

Today wakeup at 6am. Prepared coffee, b'fast and lunch. Packed all the boxes. Prepared kanji maavu for my son. Left home at 8.45am

4 people like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends
    How are you all?
    Hi Sravani
    Thank you for the compliment. I am really happy that this thread has been motivating you. I too am motivated reading your organizing your fridge and your closet. I too have bought some new organizers for my fridge. Thanks for reminding of those.
    Believe me, I too can’t wait to see the day all my clothes are neatly arranged and I when I have a blue sari, I can lay my hands on a blue blouse and not pink, yellow, and green.
    Thanks for inquiring about my leg pain. The leg pain in there and I keep popping in Ibuprofen. If I forget them the pain intensifies. Guess it will take its own time. I am yet to sit down cross-legged to practice my veena.
    Hi Mahesh
    I admire your diligence in following the food pyramid.
    You are such an inspiration to for me to cook healthy meals and still make them tasty.
    Hi Anupama
    Nice to hear from you. Can understand your busy schedule because of the moving involved. Take care.
    Hi PriyaVN
    My belated birthday wishes and blessings to your daughter.
    Nice to read about our daughter’s birthday celebrations. I enjoy reading about how your are slowly turning your new house into a warm and lovely home with your decorating.

Loved you fridge. Nice idea to use place-mats to catch the spills. I bought a fridge liner in transparent plastic. I like your idea of using place-mats. I wish you came in earlier to this thread and posted this idea; it would have saved me some dollars! :)
    Hello Soundarya
    Oh my! Chikanguniya! Please take care of your health.
    Hi Girvani. Welcome!
    Your days look pretty tight with two young children and a job. Glad you brought your cholesterol down. Yes, exercise is recommended for bringing the cholesterol down.

• From what I see, taking the stairs at your workplace is the best workout considering your tight schedule. Can you take 5- 10 minute breaks each in the morning, lunch time, and post lunch? Climbing the stairs during the break and walking around the office building during lunch break. That way you will add up a 15-30 min. workout every day.
    • Take it slowly. You say your office is on the 13[SUP]th[/SUP] floor. For the first week climb one floor as you enter the office and then take the elevator the rest of the way up. The second week target for two floors and build slowly. Use the same strategy during your 10 minute breaks. Set your own goals and build up.
    • The mantra here is consistency. Try not to skip these and even if you miss one day get back to it the very next day.
    • Then there is roughhousing with your kids. Get down to the floor, play peek-a-boo, throw balls, bend and pick them up. Out there on the web are ideas for small physical games which will give a good workout for both you and your kids.
    • Try and stick with what works for you.
    Best wishes.
    HI Akila
    My belated birthday wishes and blessings to your daughter.
    Wishing you a safe and happy travel to India. Will see you in three weeks.
    Hi JeniFlora
    You are busy with work, kids and home. Looks like you are running already. Once you get into the routine I am sure you will start your exercise in small doses. Playing physical games with your children is also exercise. That gives a double bonus – quality time with your kids and good exercise for both. Just check the suggestions I gave for Vani above.

I never store homemade ginger-garlic paste in the fridge for more than a week. In fact, no home cooked food is stored in the fridge for more than a week. I always freeze them.
    So I don’t know if they still will be fresh after a week. Try using the freezer Jeni. G-G paste thaws very fast and you will not run the risk of it smelling or tasting stale.

I love seeing your weight loss ticker too! Wow! You and others are doing great! I am still scared to publicly post my weight! I can even tell my age but not my weight!
    The past week was crazy!
    I was working overtime Tuesday and Wednesday! Wednesday also happened to be the chili cook off day. So I slogged in the morning and carrying that heavy stuff around got me my knee pain and the rest of the day I was massaging my leg.
    Wednesday evening I just made dosa for dinner and then packed our suitcases for the trip.
    Thursday: Made lemon rice for lunch and went to work. Signed off at noon, came home, added the toothbrush and stuff to the packed bags, had our lunch and left at 1:30 pm.
    Reached my b-i-l’s home around 9 pm.
    Friday: Got up at 5:30 and the function went on till about 11 am when all the guests left. We stayed on chatting with family and then left. Reached our home at 11 pm.
    Today- Saturday:
    I am so happy to have bought lots of fresh vegetables in India, a.k.a Edison, NJ!:)
    My plans are to
    • Sort, trim, and arrange vegetables in the fridge.
    • Make my menu plans.
    • Clean the garage and the guest room.
    • I had brought work home to accrue leave for Thanksgiving week. So will work as much as I can.
    Will post on Monday on how my weekend went.
    Have a great weekend ladies.

5 people like this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much KKrish and all of you lovely ladies. First of all to accept me in your group. This weekend my attitude towards everything changed. I have tried to do whatever I can whenever my boys allowed me. Yesterday, we went to beach and boys were so happy to play in the sand with their friend. I took that opportunity and ran in the beach. Felt great. Today morning, as KKrish advised, I took 5 flight of stairs to my office. Felt great again J. I am understanding the small things I can change which will impact on my health for better.
    Heartfelt thanks to you all againJ. I will keep updated and follow your ideas.
    Have a blessed day all
    Vani

2 people like this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji Aunty,
    Thank you. Let you wishes come true.

Dear Latha,

Thanks for your advanced wishes

Dear Akila,
    Nice to know you enjoyed Deepavali with relatives. Yes Akila, cataract surgery is simple, but the administering eye drop schedule to be followed meticulously. She can restore household chores but to be very careful protecting eyes from infection due to heat and water. My parents underwent for both eyes and my mil in one eye. I used to keep alarm in my mobile for the timings to administer eye drops. Have a nice trip to India. My belated wishes to your birthday girl.

Pat on your back for fresh veggies. For me distance is not a problem, but practically I feel secured to have some veggies in stock and could choose to make different combinations. Somehow I too stopped giving those so called health drinks. But still using drinking chocolate powder as they are not drinking plain milk. I could persuade my dd to drink milk with honey by saying it is good for her throat and will be clear while singing.

Dear Mahe,
    Thanks for your wishes to my kids. I have to wait for the time. Nice presentations of posts

Dear Priya,
    Aarambam is tamil movies hero being Ajit and Aarya, heroines Nayanthara and taapsee.

Reg son, you are right.

Belated wishes to your daughter. Send some cupcakes here too. Nice to know about banners.

Dear Nikkimom and Jeni,
    Take it easy. Enjoy with your little one. When kids start going to school only we get our own little time even to manage home. Right now my 16 yr old son too is sitting near me resting his head on my shoulder and studying. My dd is competing for a place near me.

Dear Shaalu,
    Reg closet I am joining the club. It is high time I have to organize.

Dear Kamala,
    I am in closet club. The movie was good, I am able to drive without much pressure as in walking.

Finally yesterday again I went to the chief ortho as I didn’t want to go to different hospital where again they may ask for different tests. Here x-ray done for the foot, there was no tear or hair line fracture. Two months back I underwent master health check-up. In that ESR count was abnormal, so the ortho diagnosed that it is because of high esr count inflammation is happening here and there (Had low back pain, knee pain which got cured after medication during the past year). Once taken medicine it is subsiding and appearing in another place after few months. He said it isn’t a disease, it is because of body nature which is called “vaadham”. Anyway again on a 5 day course of medicine. Decided to go to Siddha in which there seems to be good cure if the pain persists or re-appears at a later date.

Great you are able to iron saree also. Here I give it out for ironing. Either myself or dh will iron the uniforms of kids. DH irons his own, if at all he is wearing it for second time. I iron mine only when I have to wear it for the occasion. Daily wears I don’t iron.

Reg my son, yep, I have to wait for the time to come.

Dear Sravani,
    Great going.

Dear Anupama,
    I wish I had not cable and internet connection for few days, so that could spend quality time with dh. Also I don’t have to constantly nag my ds to switch off tv. Do you have shift again after the leak is repaired.

Dear Soundarya,
    Take care of your health.

Dear Vani,
    I see you are very busy with your schedule. Did your hubby accompany you for Doctor Visit. If not take him with you. Let him know the seriousness and he will automatically take care of kids at least in the evening after office hours and you will get your time for exercise.

About allotting time our friends have given very valid suggestions.

Hi to all, if I have left anyone to be mentioned. Due to my leg pain I am too slow in doing things. Today in between my regular chores plus extra work of washing all batches of dishes, sweeping etc (since my maid has not come for last two days, has also extended her leave without confirming when she will be back) I have typed this between work which took almost 3 hours to complete.

I typed this yesterday but finally had some connectivity problem, hence posting today.

Happy Kaarthigai Deepam

Regards
    Manjukps

4 people like this.
  8. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mahesaran - How are you. Glad that you cleaned the whole kitchen. Thank you for answering my Jeera Water Question.

Hi Akila - We will miss you these 3 weeks. But Enjoy our trip and take care of your Mom.

Hi Jeni - I am doing Good. How about you. Glad to hear that your packing thing is going well :)

Hi Kamala - Thank you for the wishes. I am doing my best to furnish the house.

We used to live in apartments until now. so when ever I see something Nice and Expensive I used to tell myself that I don't need it now when ever we get a house of our own then I will get all nice things and decorate it well.

Now we got our house I want to fill it with everything nice :)

Uploaded pic was not my fridge. It was the one that I used as a reference to make my fridge place mats.

I loved the bright polka dots :) when even I open my fride.Attaching the pic Below.

How are you feeling? How is your Prep for thanks giving going on?

Fridgephoto.JPG

Hi Girvani - How are you doing?? Enjoyed reading your updates. What is the temparature there? Just curious since you mentioned beach :)

Hi Manju - How are you doing? I am sorry to hear about your leg pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Sravani - How are you doing?

My Routine :

Friday my friend's daughter's 1st Birthday. So I promised her that I will help her in the decor + after Party. So I was helping her after work and My Daughter had so much fun in the Bday Party. After coming home we slept.

Saturday Morning I was not feeling very Great. We had so many things to take care of out side the home but I didn't step my foot outside till 6PM

I loaded 4 loads of clothes (I always wash all my towels - 1 load and wash my pillow covers every week, sheets , comforters every 2 weeks)

I ironed some of the things that are needed. Set aside 5 sets of clothes for my DD

We ate outside and took DD to Carnival and she had fun during those rides.

we came home and slept.

5 people like this.
  9. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

My Sunday Routine :

Woke up had my bath did yoga did my pooja. Had Coffee Watered indoor Plants. Started preparing for Lunch. Gave DD cereal.

Made Spinach Daal
    Tindora Fry
    Rasam
    Daddojanam (yogurt with Tadka and Pomegranate + grapes )

We went to say Hi to our Neighbors their Daughter is not feeling well. gave them rasam and after 15 mins We are back.

Had our Lunch and Made DD go to bed for her nap.

I made aloo Bajji and Tea. I ironed the clothes of DD and DH and Some of mine as well.

I selected 5 sets of clothes for DD for her school and 5 sets of mine for Work and set them aside.

I cleaned the kitchen, buffed the granite counters. DH vacuumed Upstairs + downstairs.

I cleaned the fridge, Made Menu for the week. Made a list of things we need to buy.

Loaded Dishes in the dishwasher 2 times. I dried the dishes and put them away.

Cleaned the stove, Laundry Room. Emptied trash in all the rooms. Cleaned the Guest Bath Down stairs.

So far the house is clean. Had a long shower.Cleaned the stall after shower. Made my hair. Had pooja. Had my Dinner and Writing this drinking my comforting Tea. :)

I feel Good about the things I did today. All set to start my Monday with out stressing my self out. Good Night.

************* Happy Karthika Pournami ******************

4 people like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,
    Hope all is well at your end.
    Dear Manjukps, my husband came with me to the appointments :(
    Dear veeramachaneni, temperature here is in between 25-35 degrees of centrigrade. Perfect climate and so relieved to see after the scorching summer. I am very impressed with your day.
    As my routine, I am taking the 5 flights of stairs just before starting office and include climbing stairs when i need to meet some one from other floors due to work. Evenings, I am cooking and trying to be active. Yesterday my little one was especially cranky, so holding his until he fell asleep was my exercise. I am hoping to do better today.However, I lit the lamps yesterday during the sun set and felt so peaceful :)
    Love
    vani
    As the

3 people like this.