1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/spotless-kitchen/195731-links-only-time-management-cooking.html

Hi prathibha. Welcome to this thread. This thread started about 1 and half year before. I have given the link for all important posts which you can click through the sticky thread. Then you will know how far it has come. Apart from routines of everyday all important tips' links are provided in this sticky thread.

Go through all the links there and you will understand what is it about. All important tips have been shared in our earlier posts and now has reduced to our everyday management.

Hope it helps
    Regards
    Manjukps

3 people like this.
  2. prathibhahp

prathibhahp Silver IL'ite

Wow!! You guys are super motivated to have continued this thread for 1.5 yrs!! Please take it further for many years to come.. :)

Thank you very much Manjukps!! I will go through all the links that you've provided! :) Will join you all soon.

2 people like this.
  3. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi to all,

Yes Abhi, days are flying with these busy work schedule:)
    Hi Akila, Nice to hear that you had a good trip, Thanks for sharing the tips, very useful for the moms...
    My son is ok now, i only felt so bad.... if it is going on like this, i will surely go to the school...Thanks for your concern.
    Hi shaluu, nice menu for saturday, 30 min daily for cleaning, nice trick that even you won;t be tried also..
    Hi Anu, Glad that you are learning German language....nice to read your updates
    Hi Prathiba, welcome to this thread
    Hi Manju mam. happy to read your updates, good that you had a relaxed weekend.. if possible post the photos of your creations and give me the link. i am so eager to see your creations...
    My updates,
    Friday: woke up at 5:30,prepared baby corn parantha, idli with coriander chutney, went to temple, then to 'Lalitha Sagaranamam', Prepared dal dhokli for lunch, then cleaned and mopped the house, went for a brisk walk and picked ds, prepared wheat panniyaram and went to play , played shuttle for 1 hr, Then help in studies, managed the dinner with left overs, browsed for some time , told story, read tamil novel for 1/2 hr.
    Saturday: woke up at 6:15, worked out for 30 min, took bath and prepared idli and tomato chutney, went to temples, on the way bought spinach and banana stem, milk, tender coconut . After bf, washed the vessels , cleaned the kitchen counter, prepared sambhar, rasam, banana stem curry, spincah-dal, white rice, brown rice, Did nivethyam with lunch because of Puratashi (Tamil month) saturday, while cooking itself asked son to study . After lunch, cleaned vessels , kitchen counter. Took a good sleep of 1.45 hr.:) After snacks did workout for 30 min. Prepared fluffy pulkas for dinner and managed with sambhar. After dinner , did painting with my son. So much relaxing. On seeing me , my hubby also painted for some time.
    Read novel for more than 1 hr.

Sunday: woke up at 7:30, read paper for some time:) , swept the house,prepared brown rice pongal ,white rice pongal, dosa with coconut chutney, Then watch tv for some time. hubby dropped ds to drawing class, prepared veg - coconut kurma , after picking ds went to buy tofu and frozen wheat paratha , After lunch went to veggie shopping, prepared tofu-veggie kebabs and wheat panniyaram for evening snack. Arranged all the veggies and groceries in their appropriate place. Did some project work for ds. managed dinner with pulka and veg kurma. Watched junior master chef till 11.
    Monday:woke up at 5:50 , prepared moor kuzhambu(curd gravy), beans curry, brown rice, white rice, daliya, dosa, aloo parantha, veg and fruit salad. After dropping ds went for a brisk walk and bought sweet potato and some tamil magazines. after bf, cleaned vessels, kitchen counter, cleaned the house and mopped it, loaded the w/m. Now in IL with my coffee.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    5 people like this.
  4. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi to all,

Today woke up at 6.30 and prepared lemon rice and Idli and coconut chutney for BF. Then had bath, woke up DD and got her ready and we both left home by 8.25, in 5 min, boarded her in her van and went to class. Came back and had lunch, browsed, calls to India and slept for 1 hours. Then DD arrived, DD was hungry since she shared her lemon rice with her friend who usually buys lunch in school and today in veg section she had nothing it seems. I felt proud of her caring behavior and gave her croissant and milk. Now DD watching Doremon and I am in IL. Have to still think of dinner, DH will be back from Paris at 8.30 PM.Thank you all for the likes for my post and for mentioning me in your posts.

4 people like this.
  5. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

yesterday my son was not well. So return back from office around 3pm. Gave medicines to him and spent time with him. Folded the dried clothes and arranged in shelves. Prepared chapathi and veg kurma. Cleaned half of the vessels. Had our dinner.Spent time with kids and went to bed by 2am.

today wakeup at 7.30am. Asked for leave from office. Prepared coffee, breakfast and lunch(for dh alone). Feed b'fast to dd and ds. Went to nearby shop to buy vegetables. Return back to home and prepared lunch. Feed lunch to dd. loaded w/m and spread them for dry. spent some time with ds. Now in IL

3 people like this.
  6. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am still reading all the old posts yet. So hello to all in this tread.
    My updates, I managed to clean my entire kitchen during the weekend as I was working sat n sun and we were at home.
    Had a argument with DH over me working during weekend. I know he wants weekends we should be free, but my job role needs me working during weekend every alternate weekends. Tried to pacify him and cooked food of his choice on sunday night. Took compoff on monday and managed to arrange all the 3 wardrobes mine, DS and DH's with all the clothes which were washed after we came back.
    Slept in the afternoon on mon for 2 hours and that was my relaxation after 15 days of hectic working days.
    new resolution: I have started arranging all the cleaned utensils in thier respective places before I go to sleep along with cleaning the kitchen top n stove everyday. Managed to do it without missing for 10 days now.

5 people like this.
  7. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

Today woke up at 6.30 AM and prepared boiled egg for DD and bread for us. Then dal and rice for lunch boxes. Went to class and after class, went to buy some water proof clothes since tomorrow is farm visit for dd and hence we need those as they will be playing with animals and feeding them and playing in puddles.Came home at 2.30PM, browse, calls, slept for half an hour and dd arrived. Gave her snacks and now in IL.

4 people like this.
  8. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jeni, how is your son now?
    Hi abhi, good resolution, even some changes make our day great....

Hi all,
    Monday and Tuesday went as usual. I am not feeling well. So did cooking , sweeping and studies all these two days.
    Wednesday: woke up at 5:20 , prepared ragi-oats pancake for huuby. After he left,woke up ds, prepared veg wheat upma for bf with coconut chutney, wheat-oats pancake for lunch. After dropping ds went for a brisk walk. After coming felt so tired so hit the bed and slept from 9-12. Took my brunch at 12,hand washed the clothes and spread it in the terrace, cleaned the vessels , kitchen counter, arranged the plastic containers with the lid in the shelf, folded the plastic cover and kept in the box, filled the cleaned containers with groceries, swept the floor, now in IL.

5 people like this.
  9. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Woke up today at 6.30 AM, prepared Idli and sambar and got DD ready for her farm visit. Then went to class and came home, on the way picked up Chinese take out since I loved the taste when we went there on the weekend. For the night made chole and rice and now in IL.DD enjoyed her farm visit a lot and I am happy for her.

4 people like this.
  10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@shaluu,
    Your neivedhyams sound very delicious. We too make the rice flour deepam, but it is on a different occasion, not for purattasi sani.
    I can see your smile when picking your footwear :) Clearing away areas which had been used as dumping place gives immense satisfaction. A pat on the back to your DH and dad :)

@ Prathiba
    Welcome to this thread :) I understand that it is confusing dear. This thread has come a long way and we have found friendship and comardeship in each other here, so much so that now we share our daily routines and find strength and inspiration thru it. Of course while sharing time management and cleaning/organizing tips as well. As suggested by Manju, please go thru the sticky thread, it will be helpful in understanding :)

@Manju,
    Love reading your updates :) hope your master helth checks came back normal. take care.

@Mahe,
    I have said it earlier, but will say it again, "Your variety in cooking is just awesome dear!!"

@Anu,
    Nice updates. Your daughter is so sweet with such a caring nature. Hugs to her :)

@Jeni,
    How is your son? hope he is well now. Take care.

@Abhi,
    Great resolution :)

6 people like this.