1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi all, How was the Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations.
    Hi Jeni, Getting ready for going to job?

My updates,

Monday: woke up at 5 :45 went for a morning walk with hubby. MIL prepared tea for everybody. Took bath and prepared idli and tomato-onion chutney for bf. Went to temple, Did poja with ds at home. After bf, started preparing the lunch. MIL cut all the veggies, onion. Started with coconut-jaggery stuffing for modhak. Then one by one prepared rice, sambhar, rasam, aloo curry, beans curry, raita, vada, pappad, semya - sagoo kheer,channa sundal, urad dal stuffing for spicy modhak. MIL prepared the modak. Everything was over within 12 and did pooja at 12. Then went to temple for the Aarathi. After lunch, cleaned kitchen, counter, vessels, Took rest for 1 hr. Gave snacks to everybody and went for a brisk walk with hubby. After coming back watched 'ManmadhanAmbu' tamil movie. Prepared dosa for fil and ds. Hubby, mil and I skipped the dinner.cleaned vessels and kitchen counter.Told stories to ds and slept within 9.

3 people like this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi AG,

Take it in lighter note, not intended to offend you.

I don't think it is not because of no time. It is festival time, long weekend. So it is good time to spend with family and relatives. And almost past one and half years I am posting in this thread, almost I have posted all kind of situations I face and how I manage. Really I don't want to bore updating same things again.

Sometimes purposely I avoid logging in during holidays as I tend to go on browsing one after other, which will steal away my time with family. I encourage togetherness by playing board games, watching movie together in TV, catching up with their pending school work etc.

Regards
    Manjukps

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Hope you all had a wonderful Ganesh Chaturthi and extended weekend :)

I had a great time, a bit busy over the week, but it was absolutely wonderful :)

Last weekend we took our dds to a kids run, but due to rain the event was cancelled... though the kids had a gala time at the event area with lots of games. Also had my cousin and his friends over and it was nice chatting with them.

Did shopping for ganesh chaturthi on Saturday itself... so sunday we could go for the run and entertain friends.

Monday - got up at 5, took bath, and started preparations for the festival. Made 4 types of stuffings for kozhukattai - sesame, peanut, coconut, dhal. Made 3 types of kozhukattais - rice, wheat, ragi. MIL made vadai and sesame balls. We also made aval payasam. Decorated our little ganesha with flowers and did pooja by 10 am.

Went to office by 11.30. My collegues in office enjoyed the neivedhyam. Since it was monday, i fasted, so got to taste the kozhukattais only at night.

At 8 pm went to vinayagar temple with family. So much crowded, but felt sooo good to get the dharshan of the Lord being one among the crowd. Enjoyed dinner at the temple while watching a paatu kacheri (song/dance concert).

Returned home, straighted the kitchen, while DH cleared the living room. Hit the sack by 11.45 :)

Hi Manju,

Happy to see that you are better now and have incorporated exercises into your daily routine. Keep at it dear :)
    My best wishes to your children for their upcoming exams!! may the Lord bless them with all success!!

4 people like this.
  4. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Belated Ganesha Chathurthui wishes to you all :). I was super busy last week unable to manage my household chores at home. My entire day went at office. I just went home had food and slept during the night time.

Sound

2 people like this.
  5. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies

It has been quite a long time (for a month) that i have been missing in action. I have not updated here but i go through all the posts here which motivates me a lot.

My parents and brother were here for 10 days, it was totally hectic. Then Jenmashtami preparations and celebration, and then it is ganesh chathurhi. As i have set a proper routine for cooking and exercising am just following it. No major chaos in it. Cleaning is in weekends other than daily routine .

Actually we are expecting a transfer out of state. So busy preparing list for packing and purchasing things. Planning to dispose few of kid's toys and books, and other stuff. Discussing with DH about it. Shifting and settling in a new place is totally hectic. Don't know how kids will take it. I am worried about their schooling, where they will have to settle in a new school in a new place.

will update more once i actually start packing

Hi to kamala mam, manju mam, akila, thanks for the concern mahesaran, sound, jeni, mathi, vidhu and all others.

shara

4 people like this.
  6. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai All,

I was busy with my SLA's at my office. So i was not able to update. I feel life is going too much robotic now a days. Need to add some spice to life. Planning to go for jogging daily. I planning to do some courses.

Sound

4 people like this.
  7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Joined for work on sep 12. So time is flying for me and I am running around my kids, household chores and office work. Hope everyone is doing great. Somewhat my kid is attached with the nanny and I am happy about it.

Today wakeup at 6am. Prepared b'fast and coffee. Sent dd to school. Get ready and left home by 8.45am.

4 people like this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sound,
    How is jogging coming along these days dear? It is a great form of cardio which I have come to enjoy. Hope you do too.

@ Shara,
    Moving is a big process, you must be super busy with too many things on your to-do list. Take care of yourself dear :)

@Jeni,
    Congrats on rejoining work dear. Happy to know your child is attached to the nanny. I know it must be a huge relief. Take care dear :)

Hi Mahe, Manju, KK, Abhigail, prana, doors, AG, shaluu, vidhu, and everyone on this thread. Hope you all are doing well :)

Take care buddies!

6 people like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ladies,

hope you will all not mind my intrusion, again! But this time I am only to share something that I learnt and hope it is not shared here already.

I have always had difficulty finding that right color pajama or thights when I need them, quickly. I have often yelled at my kids for messing up the entire pile of shirts to get to the bottom shirt and about DH, I will not say a word :) But then a friend posted an idea on FB sometime back and something happened, perhaps it was IL being down, I went on a re organizing spree and here is how I organized. Needless to say I am quite pleased with the outcome. Now all I have to do is wait and watch if it is going to stay less messy. Here are the pictures -

Before....

P1280743.jpg

After.....

P1280744.jpg

P1280745.jpg

And yes, I have been fair....all the closets are organized, completely :hide:

15 people like this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

hey very nice and such an original idea :)

2 people like this.