1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Yestaerday reached home by 7.30 PM and had food. Washed the vessels and sink and cleaned the cooktop & gastove. My DD slept off even beofre i reached home :hide:. so had some to time to work on crafts and made a small Ganesha's face yesterday in chart. Retired for the day by 10.00 PM

Regards
    Sound

1 person likes this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Golumolu. Yes doing special pooja gives great satisfaction. I have to search in net for the names of the prasad items you mentioned here.

Thank you Shara for your concern. I set in my mind, that the pain is a separate entity, as if it is not part of me and I carry on. At the same time, I don't compromise on health issues as I know how much important I am to my family. Following it up with Doctor, soon I will be alright.

4 people like this.
  3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

My Updates:

A very relaxing weekend and Monday

Today morning after sending kids to school, went to ortho. DH accompanied. took knee x-ray. Dr. told that there is nothing to worry, prescribed two tablets for reducing pain and inflammation. It might be because of I was putting more pressure on right knee since I was having pain in left foot. Physio taught me few exercise for knee and low back. The foot pain is because of low blood circulation from low back.

Following are the points (though we all know, but may not follow)as re-iterated by Ortho.

* Finally the need of the hour is only exercise.
    * No skipping of exercise.
    * Should not skip exercise for long.
    * If skipped for a day, should consciously continue doing it from next day itself.
    * If we skip for 4 or 5 days the muscles' strength will go back to its weaker position. the done goodness will be lost.
    * Exercise strengthens the muscles, so that it bears the pressure and shock, blocks the strain passing on to the bone. The weekend muscles will pass on the strain to bones, which in turn pains.
    * Exercises are must for not only reducing weight but are to be done for strengthening muscles and bones.
    * 40 + ladies take calcium and iron supplements as prescribed by physician
    * Whenever there is pain, reduce strain for the particular spot like if knee pain, avoid climbing stairs often.
    * Accommodate simple exercises in your daily routine. Make it as a habit like brushing your teeth.

Hope the above points are of help.

Regards
    Manjukps

4 people like this.
  4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

manju,

take care of your health. you are one of the superwoman in IL and i always amazed after reading your post like taking care of family members and doing household chores.

Thanks to GOD, finally i got a nanny. She will come for 5 days a week to take care of my son. She will wash cloth diapers, clean vessels and mop home. So hereafter i will take care of cooking and going to office and weekends i have to do all. Let's see how things will go.

Yesterday went out for almost the whole for searching for nanny and calling different creche's and went to different daycare. End of the day, I have got the phone number for this nanny and today morning i met her. From tomorrow onwards, she will come.

Yesterday wakeup at 7am. sent dd to school. prepared b'fast and lunch. Cleaned all the vessels, stove and kitchen countertop. Evening 7pm, prepared snacks and dinner and feed to dd. had my dinner with dh at 10.30pm and went to sleep by 1am.

5 people like this.
  5. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi every one, Happy to met you in a new month. Did cleaning , so i couldn't come.
    Hi KK mam, How are you?
    Hi Manju Mam, Take care of your health. Glad you met the doctor without any delay. Thanks for the valuable points about the ortho. Snippet about your dd.... Eagerly waiting to read it. Plz, don't forget to give the link. How is your leg pain now?
    Hi Akila Mani, How is your dd now? Take care dear.
    Hi Jeni, Glad that you found a nanny. All the best for you for re joining the job. Be in touch with us.
    Abhi, Gald that you enjoyed the 10 daysYes , you are right, we can't tell any excuse while managing only the home. It is my own experience.
    Pooja, Happy to know that you had a wonder ful weekend.
    Hi Vidukarth, Welcome to this thread.
    Hi Shara, How are you? Are you too busy?How are your cute angels.
    Shaluu, Nice you are having nice discussion about gita. Any special reason?

Hi to AG, Soundarya, golumolu, gorgeous, Anu, Magee, . Sorry if i left any one.

My updates
    Friday: Did cooking and vessel cleaning, went for 1 hr of walk. Ds exam were over. So felt free and took rest. I was so low.
    Saturday: Couldn't able to sit even. Prepared ragi idli for bf and laid down the whole day. The lunch and dinner were outside food. Was dead tired on that day
    Sunday: Little better went to temples and veggie shopping. After outside lunch took a good sleep. In the evening prepared bhel puri went for a brisk walk of one hr. Ds helped me to sort ou the things. He kept the veggies near the fridge, groceries near the container, fruits near the fruit basket. While preparing channa masala and pulka for dinner , i kept everthing in the proper place.

Monday: woke up at t 5:30. Prepared veg salad and fruit salad for hubby. Prepared dosa and packed oats wheat pancake for ds. After dropping ds,went to temple. Hand Washed the clothes and loaded the w/m with the bed sheets.Spread the clothes in the terrace to dry. While spreading the bed spread, took some of the clothes and put it in the clothe stand in the corridor as shortage of space in the terrace..
    In Kitchen
    * cleaned vessels, kitchen counter.
    * Took out everything from two vessel shelves, two provisional things shelves, two plastic container shelves, poja cupboard and changed the paper and re arranged everything.
    * Filled the empty container with the provisions , emptied some containers to wash.

Then arranged everything in the house and swept and mopped the house. Folded one load of clothe. Took some rest as of back pain. Evening went for brisk walk and picked ds. Went to temple for pradhosam and struck there because of rain till 7:15. Then finished preparing dinner and had it.

Tuesday: woke up at 5:30. Prepared msuhroom pulao, pulkas with palak paneer , veg salad for packing.pressed the uniforms for this week, After dropping ds ,did spot jogging. After bf, cleaned the kitchen counter, vessels and hand washed some bed spreads, cushion covers and spread it in the terrace. Fully vacated the living room and cleaned the showcase, tv unit, dusted the sofa, sorted out the things in shoe stand and throw away some old things.
    Dusted the ceiling of the hall, mopped the hall thrice as it was so dirty and mopped the whole home once. Took some rest as of back pain. Finished everything in the scheduled time. Folded one load of clothe. After lunch cleaned all greens and gobi for dinner.
    In Mid afternoon went for a brisk walk and picked ds . Went to one of his friend's house to play. After coming back , prepared gobi stuffing for paratha, folded all the clothes which are dried and re arranged the clothe cup board. Browsed some infor in the net for ds's elocution competition. In between made ds to study 3 and 4 tables.

Wednesday: Woke up at 5:30 and prepared bitter gourd curry, rice, rasam, bhendi gravy and pulkas with veg and fruit salad. After dropping ds did spot jogging. Cleaned the vessels and kitchen counter,prepared veg rice upma for me, called and wished PIL for their wedding anniversary. Loaded w/m. Started cleaning one cup board in the second room and cup board in the dinning hall. Checked all the medicine in the kit for the expiry date and throw away some old medicines that were expired. arranged ds's book shelves and finished everything with in 12. Read one novel in the net. After brisk walk picked ds and prepared the speech for the elocution competition and prepared oats wheat pancake for snack. now in IL.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Manju,

Take care of your health.

Kamala mam,

Good luck for the good things happening around you.

From my end:

Saturday -
    Did some cleaning, decluttering at home, cleaned the bathrooms, bought groceries and assisted MIL with preparing evening tiffin and dinner for guests coming home. Had a nice time with guests.
    Sunday
    Got up at 4:30 am had bath, prepared coffee, made idlis for breakfast, got my DD ready and left home around 7 am with DH, in laws for the radha kalyanam, came back around 8 pm, had dinner, brought it from the radha kalyanam, ate and prepared gulab jamun with MIL for guests coming on Monday
    Monday:
    Assisted MIL with cooking, spent time with guests, cleaned vessles, entertained the kids, played with them,for evening tiffin, prepared aval upma since guests were feeling full with late lunch..in the evening went to temple for pradosham and came back home,m had dinner, hit the bed.. tiresome weekend
    Tuesday:
    Got up at 5:15 am, assisted MIL with cooking, since guests were leaving that morning. we prepared idli, chutney for the breakfast, for lunch to pack for them, made lemon rice, curd rice, papad and ladies finger fry.
    for DD for school, made chappathi with aloo in the flour, and made kovaikkai fry for side dish, packed my lunch and left to work around 8:30 am. It was a tired day, left work around 4 pm, filled gas, took my DD to music class at 5 pm, came back at 6 15 pm, had coffee, gave my DD a bath, fed her milk and orange, had tiffin which MIL had prepared, and then was chatting with them for sometime, gave dinner to DD aroudn 8 15 pm. she was so tired that she slept while sitting with my DH at 9:00 pm. We all had dinner, cleaned the vessels and hit the bed at 10 pm..

5 people like this.
  7. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, All are super busy?. i Opened the notepad thinking that i have to give reply to all. But only to vidu.
    Hi vidu, How are you?

My updates
    Friday: Pil came home. So woke up at 5 and prepared rice, sambhar, beetroot curry, snake gourd curry early in the morning for hubby and idli and chutney for bf. Went to temple and after breakfast went to another temple for 'Lalitha Sagasranamam'. Did the normal home chores and went for 30 min brisk walk. Played shuttle fafter 2 1/2 months.
    Saturday: Morning prepared bajra dosa and tomato chutney for bf. Went to two temple by walk. After bf , started preparing lunch. Prepared daliya, rasam, yam fry, drumstick-brinjal-small brinjal(sundaikkai) dal(porichakozhambu),rice and pulkas. After cleaning vessels and kitchen counter, had a good sleep of 2 hrs.Then went to a friend's house as they are shifting to a new place. Prepared semiya upma and baby corn parathas for dinner. Again cleaned vessels and kitchen counter.
    Sunday: Woke up at 6:30 , after preparing coffee went for a brisk walk with hubby, Then washed clothes and prepared pongal and chutney for bf. Went for weekly shopping . Prepared tea for everybody and prepared rice,parruppu urundai kuzhambu(steamed channa dal balls in tamarind gravy), lauki-dal, cabbage curry,rasam, daliya for lunch.Cleaned vessels, kitchen counter, arranged fruits, veggies and groceries in their respecrtive place. Ds helped to separate all the things. Cleaned and mopped the floor. Took 1 hr of rest. Then prepared coffee and went for a brisk walk. Prepared idli batter and managed the dinner with pulkas and left overs.

2 people like this.
  8. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

Hi.. Mahesaran.. and vidukarth...

Guess all r busy managing time, so no time for updating the time management.. (did it make sense)

my routine, same as usual...
    15 mins of everything...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,
    HAPPY GANESH CHATHURTHI to all. May Ganesh bless you and your family with abundance of happiness.

I feel lot better now. Regarding my time, it is exam time for ds. He is having different timing for practical exams. Next wekk he will have his written exams which will be in afternoon. Then my dd's exams will start. Last week bit busy with stitching, nothing specisl to update other than normal cooking, chores and washing. Saturday was avani avittam for us. Then sunday preparation for today's festival. Today after pooja, waited for my dad to come had brunch at 12.30.

I have incorporated exercises in my routine. Most of it I am doing while doing something else like while waiting for milk to boil or waiting to turn dosa. Some stretches for legs while crochetting or seeing tv etc.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  10. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Yesterday morning wakeup at 7am. Prepared pooranam pidi kolukattai. prepared b'fast and coffee. Bath dd and ds and i also had bath. Had b'fast and prayer. Feed kanji to ds. Prepared lunch. Feed to dd and then i had it along with dh. Washed cloth diapers. Loaded w/m and spread them for dry. Slept for 1hr. prepared tea and snacks. Feed kanji to ds. prepared dinner and have it with all. Cleaned all the vessels and sink. Went to bed by 12.30am.

4 people like this.