1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi kika take care of yourself dear. Health is wealth first. I can understand that you want to treat your dh after his arrival with your cooking. But if you don't stress your feet and take care of yourself, you will cook as soon as possible.so take good rest.
    Hi Akila, Thanks for the compliment(This what , i want(need), read it in Vivek's(comedian)style:)). Really i need some motivation now. So your word made my day today. As a return gift i am giving you the recipe :)(i watched it in a cookery show yesterday).
    oats- jaggery burfi:
    Boil 1 cup of jaggery and bring it to one string consistency.
    Meanwhile dry roast 1 cup of oats, 2 tbspn of peanuts, 2 tbspn of puffed channa dal, 2 tbspn of Badam(optional), 2 pinch of cardamom pwd.
    Add all the things in the jaggery syrub and mix well. Dust a plate with rice flour(instead of ghee, as it is a low calorie recipe), add in the mixture and make it as pieces.
    For me it was little watery so i made it as balls. Yesterday on total i ate 10 balls(never mind the calorie of peanuts):hide:. Today it was like a puffed rice ball, even though tasty.

Thanks for the info Akila, Last week even i went through a rough time at night 10 becoz of blocking.

Thanks for the info bhucat.
    Jeni, don't stress yourself becoz of the home chore.

My updates
    Today my day started at 6 with Suryanamaskar. prepared mushroom pulao and pizza paratha. Today was a hectic and tired day for me. Ds bus came 2 hr late(believe me), No parent is sending the kids to school and they are shouting at the bus driver. So i also stay back with the kid. So 2 hr is simply wasted in the road with hungry. After coming back gave him some food and after little rest asked him to study, i was near by him. At 12, one of the parent called me and asked for a get together(abt the school issue), went there talked for some time and children started playing, they had no mood to come home and after a long struggle every kid separated.

After coming home tried to prepare oats wheat idli , but some how it turned into upma(i converted it into upma as it was like a semi solid:drowning). After lunch studies for ds, cleaned vessels and mopped the floor,. Gave 1 hr break to ds and i am now in IL. Need to do, help ds in studies, fold the clothes(didn't do yesterday), prepare wheat upma for dinner

Happy long weekend for those who are in India
    Enjoy the Independence(day) by keeping everybody happy.

1 person likes this.
  2. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

:bowdown Thanks All for your likes! Though i am not posting any updates in this thread, regularly i go through all the useful tips you give. Thanks all.

2 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear ladies,

I hope you will not mind my stepping here for a gentle reminder. We try hard to keep the website consolidated with similar kind of information in one area. So it would be wonderful if you all just post the links to your recipes or any other information after posting them in the appropriate forum. This is beneficial to the website and other ILites who visit us and no doubt to you also.

Personally I like visiting this thread myself.There is tons of information! So carry on ladies and thank you for all your inputs, making this a valuable thread.

3 people like this.
  4. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

@Jeni,
    I tot Only I cry meaninglessly at times.Glad to hear I have company :)
    But happy to hear you recovered out of it.

@KK mam,
    I am the same Gayathri mam.Your memory is awesome.
    Its just they keep extending my hubby's stay here.Seems like going back is a distant dream. :rant
    Thank you for the appreciation for the updates.
    Slowly moving my baby steps in cleaning.
    I like you Idea about starting from right hand side & taking u small jobs.
    KK mam, many times it happens with me.with whom I am close I show off my anger,
    although it ain't their mistake.So don't worry in case you have said something
    and later when you say you dint mean the person to get hurt.I am sure they will understand.
    After all we are human.
    Chill maadi.... Chillout!mam.This is just my way of saying.Hope you wont mind.

@Chitirainilavu,
    I Like your dialougue "(eppadi ellam build-up kudukka vendi irukku)"
    LOL.

@Magee,
    wow you stay close to a beach.Lucky you.

@Akila,
    Nice updates.Since your working.How do you manage cooking.
    Do you chop veggies and keep in fridge?

@bhucat,
    wow.Good tip.Thank you dear.

A big Hello to Kika, Mahesaran,Sound and others.

my updates.
    In last week major thing I did, I will list out.
    Monday I was at the club from 3 pm to 7 pm. Phew had an amazing workout.
    As I have joined swim lessons.Time seems to fly finally.
    Bought grocery.

Cleaned sink daily before going to sleep.
    Since a week I am packing breakfast for hubby.
    And then cooking lunch and taking it to office.
    From there go to swim, come back and cook dinner.

Today: washed dust bin.
    Cleaned counter tops.Cleaned sink tops and removed stain using bleach.
    Did 5 mins cleaning of cluttering areas.
    Bought grocery. Chopped watermelon and put in box in fridge.
    So that whenever I get hunger pangs I can reach for it.
    Chopped cabbage and carrot for salad.
    As usual took lunch for hubby. After swim class went to mall to exchange my T-shirt. Came home and cleaned vessels,prepared dinner.
    Now on IL.
    And last but not least Going for daily walks with hubby after dinner.

6 people like this.
  5. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Aug 15 update:

Morning cooked breakfast and packed same for hubby.
    Cooked lunch packed it.had my breakfast.
    Went for swim classes and then did 30 min exercise.
    Went to hubby office gave him lunch.
    Came home.Swept kitchen floor swabbed it.
    Washed all vessels, counter tops and the messy cook top.
    Made same coffee for me and relaxing at IL now.
    Planning to fold clothes and iron needed ones.Cleaning closets.
    Vacuum the hall and cook dinner.And yes not to miss the walk after the dinner.

Happy Independence day Ladies :)

2 people like this.
  6. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

I think all are so busy.

Wednesday: After posting here, helped ds in studies, cleaned spinach(poonnagkani keerai), i planted it in my friend's house. Now and then i will cook. It took one hour for me do clean as the leaves are so small.

Thursday: prepared idlis and coconut chutney for bf, did 30 min workout, Then went to temple, After coming back took a good rest after so many days as hubby and ds wanted outside food. Yesterday no work at all. Prepared dosa for dinner and cut the veggies for today's coooking and did 20 min workout in the evening. \Full rest yesterday.:thumbsup

Friday: My day started at 4:50 , as ds complained of stomach pain and vomited. After that cleaned and mopped the floor, took bath and started preparing spinach-dal and beans curry, Aloo paratha for hubby's lunch. prepared rasam and idli for ds. Did 40 min workout and now in IL. Need to wash the clothes and help in ds studies.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mahe,
    :-D Thanks for the recipe. I will try and let you know how it turned out.

@Rama,
    I agree. It would be better organized if we post the recipes we exchange in the cooking forum and give the links here. But please understand that it is just easy for us to type in as we reply rather than go to forums we hardly visit to create a new post:hide:, but from now on we will definetly make an effort :thumbsup

@Gae,
    I try to chop veggies at night, but mostly end up doing it in the mornings only:drowning
    Good to know you are enjoying swiming, a wonderful exercise which is fun as well.
    Yesterday - Morning the usual of cooking BF and lunch. Swept and loaded washing machine. Evening - went to yoga class and returned home by 9.30. Had dinner and watched Rush Hour for a while and slept by 11 pm.

1 person likes this.
  8. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

My house work seems very easy after seeing all these posts
    my maid : washes all vessels , arranges the vessels in proper places, cleans sink thoroughly , cleans the kitchen top , washes the stove daily
    she also mops the house and bolcony daily. once in a week , she washes bathroom floor.
    All i do is cooking and pack lunch box.. i put clothes for laundry but not finding time to fold ..
    i go to office and reach by 7 .. cook all 3 meals and get tired. i dont find time for folding clothes. tell me some tips for cloth management

3 people like this.
  9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Gurpreet,

Take it easy dear. Do you usually exhaust easily or is it a recent thing? Also check if your hydration and food habits are healthy. Don't get overwhelmed by seeing the loads of laundry to be folded. You can do it while sitting and watching TV. And even if you don't get to it one day, you can aways do it the next day :)

Take care :)

3 people like this.
  10. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

Hi Akila ,
    I am lazy from my childhood :).. my mom is a superwoman who can do housework for many hours
    I get tired if i work for 2 hours .. i was so suprised to see the posts in previous pages :)
    even if i become housewife , i dont know if i can be like that ..
    for clothes , yes i m going to do it watching tv as i ll feel satisfied that i m not wasting my time watching tv :)
    and i think i need to keep only few clothes in wardrobe for frequest use and remove others and change once in a month

1 person likes this.